Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8148 8149 [8150] 8151 8152 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13141374 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122235 on: May 20, 2017, 06:59:08 am »

In other words: help, my life is turning into a creepypasta!

Keep us posted, then.

Windows did another automatic update, and now my laptop cant connect to the internet through any means, which means i cant do simple things like check and write emails on anything besides my phone. And it locks up, completely, if i try to run oblivion. Which has never happened before.
And a dwarf fortress save corrupted for the first time in over a year.
It is terrible.
See this is why I didn't update to Windows 10 back when they were all but forcing it down everyone's throats.

I've had a handful of bugs in the first month or two after the release, but since then - pretty much smooth sailing.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122236 on: May 20, 2017, 11:12:49 am »

My phone's alarm app is acting really wonky these days. I tried to set an alarm to 9AM yesterday in the evening - after accidentally creating one that would ring 24 hours after the moment I set it, I finally managed to get it "right" - which means, 8AM and not 9AM. I eventually managed to get it right, but 10 minutes ago, a second alarm that was set for 10AM which I never created nor activated rang.

In other words: help, my life is turning into a creepypasta!

macabre macaroni
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122237 on: May 20, 2017, 11:18:54 am »

There is an Absolutely Fabulous marathon on the television. Marvellous, I am quids in tonight!
I need to properly watch that show sometime, I believe I would have seen quite a lot of it as a small child due to family watching it.
Watching it now would probably set off one of those weird, creeping nostalgia trips that come from encountering things from long ago that you've almost entirely forgotten.

Oh, darling, it is fabulous, I adore it, sweetie!

It is fairly classic French & Saunders, rather crude and base in comparison to similar programs, but it gives it a certain edge and reliability. I saw it a lot when I was a child, as well, so I do have an anchor of nostalgia attached to it. Mind you, a lot of the jokes and japes did fly over my head at that age, so seeing it again is damned amusing.

Heh, speaking of memory, I am not sure but I do believe that they have not changed the original translation subtitles since the nineteen-nineties, merely ported them. They seemed awfully familiar. Why fix something that is not broke, particularly if standards have gone down since it was built.

Give it a go, I would say. I cannot promise comedy heaven, but I can promise that one could do an awful lot worse.

Now, that Sonic Original Character (Do Not Steal) editor thing is quite amusing, as well. After all, why not? They seem to have tried a lot of other things.

I never was particularly interested in Sonic, and have never owned any of the games, so I cannot quite see what is so compelling about the Sonic world. However, it is, and it is not for me to declare the genuine excitement for it as 'invalid'. It evidently stimulates the imagination for a lot of people, and I am certainly in favour of that, no matter how many X the Edgehogs are thus born. Yes, sometimes one must wade through them, but usually, one must head out hunting for Sonic OC's on purpose to have any particular contact. But then again, it exists somewhere. That passes well within the marks for it being 'shuvved down muh throat!' on the hysterical web of today...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122238 on: May 20, 2017, 12:00:39 pm »

Today I spent an hour and a half trying to debug a modded creature.

Turns out my stupid lizard brain was defining things in the tissue template as [TISSUE:NAME] instead of [TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAME].
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122239 on: May 20, 2017, 01:06:43 pm »

copy-paste all the things
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122240 on: May 20, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »

Windows did another automatic update, and now my laptop cant connect to the internet through any means, which means i cant do simple things like check and write emails on anything besides my phone. And it locks up, completely, if i try to run oblivion. Which has never happened before.
It is terrible.
See this is why I didn't update to Windows 10 back when they were all but forcing it down everyone's throats.

I've had a handful of bugs in the first month or two after the release, but since then - pretty much smooth sailing.
Personally, I've had two bugs:
1) Sometimes disk usage pretends to be 100%

None of the solutions I've seen online work. And the reason I say "pretends" is that in task manager nothing is using the disk much at all. No more than usual, anyway. But the computer decides that disk usage is 100% and so it's going to run slow as fuck.

Shit, ive been having that problem too. Right now in fact. Its really hard to get anywhere when it takes 1-2 full minutes for a program to respond to you clicking on an option. But task manager reports all of jack shit going on. 6% cpu use, 100% disk use, but no programs using more than .1 mb/sec, and then only about a dozen total.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #122241 on: May 20, 2017, 04:46:23 pm »

Disabling Superfetch and Windows Search (not just stopping, but straight-up disabling them) worked for me.

I've been relatively lucky when it comes to Winblows though, so that may not work.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122242 on: May 20, 2017, 05:38:32 pm »

So ive been trying some 'natural' Scandinavian yogurt stuff.

supposedly like milk, fruit stuff, and cultures, if the tin is accurate.  low sugar count at least

about 2x as expensive as danon stuff.  idk much about it though
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122243 on: May 20, 2017, 05:54:55 pm »

Disabling Superfetch and Windows Search (not just stopping, but straight-up disabling them) worked for me.

I've been relatively lucky when it comes to Winblows though, so that may not work.

How would one go about doing that? I havent found anything that lets me disable them.

Nevermind, i think i got it
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:56:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122244 on: May 20, 2017, 06:54:11 pm »

None of the solutions I've seen online work. And the reason I say "pretends" is that in task manager nothing is using the disk much at all. No more than usual, anyway. But the computer decides that disk usage is 100% and so it's going to run slow as fuck.
Task manager doesn't show all tasks. There are "hidden" processes that it doesn't show. Also, I bet it's the Windows' total data collection thing.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122245 on: May 20, 2017, 07:49:46 pm »

So ive been trying some 'natural' Scandinavian yogurt stuff.

supposedly like milk, fruit stuff, and cultures, if the tin is accurate.  low sugar count at least

about 2x as expensive as danon stuff.  idk much about it though

Filmjölk? Filmjölk is the best. Couldn't break fast without it.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122246 on: May 20, 2017, 07:58:39 pm »

Do they have lutefisk with the Filmjölk?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122247 on: May 20, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »

It is terrible.

Shit, ive been having that problem too. Right now in fact. Its really hard to get anywhere when it takes 1-2 full minutes for a program to respond to you clicking on an option. But task manager reports all of jack shit going on. 6% cpu use, 100% disk use, but no programs using more than .1 mb/sec, and then only about a dozen total.

Last time this was happening to me it was a dying hard drive. There are diagnostic tools to test this in windows and linux AFAIK, use those.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122248 on: May 20, 2017, 08:17:59 pm »

its good enough.

im a fan of frozen flimjolk then
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 8148 8149 [8150] 8151 8152 ... 10980