Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8156 8157 [8158] 8159 8160 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000985 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122355 on: May 23, 2017, 07:57:09 pm »

The problem with that is they say it's almost the same reason we have cats.

The reason we have cats is that they would eat the animals that ate grain, not to protect babies.

Well yes, the bits of text under the spider is highly innacurate in that regard, but the mutually beneficial relationship between the frog and the spider is the interesting bit, not flawed analogies made by random people.

It's not dissimilar to the relationships various ants have formed with animals, plants and fungi, which I've always found a fascinating thing to think about, because how do they form in the first place? Same with honey badgers and honeyguides, crocodiles and the birds that clean their teeth, all kinds of reef fish. How do these interactions form?

Tarantulas in particular are not the sort of creature I'd expect to form such relations. They're asocial, territorial, have no natural cooperative behaviors and are instinctive predators. How they got to the point that multiple species of small frogs were able to coexist with multiple species of tarantula like this intrigues me.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122356 on: May 23, 2017, 08:10:06 pm »

Likely because Tarantulas that didn't eat those frogs were much more competitive than ones that did.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122357 on: May 23, 2017, 08:15:35 pm »

The problem with that is they say it's almost the same reason we have cats.

The reason we have cats is that they would eat the animals that ate grain, not to protect babies.
Eh, I can see it. "we keep you around to keep pests out of our stored precious goods." Whether that be eggs or grain, it doesn't *really* matter.

I mean, grain turns into babies in the long run, after all.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122358 on: May 23, 2017, 09:35:25 pm »

URGENT PSA ANNOUNCEMENT
DO NOT EAT MORE THAN 4-5 ALTOIDS AT ONCE OR YOU WILL OVERDOSE AND TRUST ME IT SUCKS DON'T DO IT
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #122359 on: May 23, 2017, 09:37:45 pm »

Crunchyroll just showed me several ads for Overwatch in a row.

Why.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122360 on: May 23, 2017, 09:45:21 pm »

URGENT PSA ANNOUNCEMENT
DO NOT EAT MORE THAN 4-5 ALTOIDS AT ONCE OR YOU WILL OVERDOSE AND TRUST ME IT SUCKS DON'T DO IT
I suppose I built up a tolerance, heh.  Though don't eat 4 at first, obviously.  One, and it's the best by far.  Then two, then three, then see where it goes.

Now gummi bears- even sugarless knockoffs- those will ruin your shit ;)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122361 on: May 23, 2017, 10:01:08 pm »

URGENT PSA ANNOUNCEMENT
I suppose I built up a tolerance, heh.  Though don't eat 4 at first, obviously.  One, and it's the best by far.  Then two, then three, then see where it goes.

Now gummi bears- even sugarless knockoffs- those will ruin your shit ;)
Not even, especially. Sugar-free gummy bears will give you a thrust/weight ratio of like 54.7, propelling you through the lavatory ceiling and roof and into your neighbor's petunias, simultaneously devastating your house through the sheer force of the liquid excrement escaping your body. I have heard it's one hell of an experience.

E: accidentally reminded myself that Buzzfeed exists. This is unfortunate.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:04:25 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122362 on: May 23, 2017, 10:08:47 pm »

To clarify, I was saying the above, without actually saying it.
Thank you, Avis-Mergulus o7
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122363 on: May 24, 2017, 12:39:04 pm »

Really, *ANY* sugarless candy containing large amounts of Maltitol will do this.  This has led me to the notion that one can brutally destroy an office with the following culinary delight, but I have so far not been brave enough to test it.

1) Procure some tasty Fiber One bars. These are surprisingly tasty, but DEADLY. The one time I foolishly ate one, I had deep colon gas production that could sustain 15 second farts, in rapid succession. It was unpleasant. VERY unpleasant.  They are however, quite tasty. Like a Granola bar.

2) Procure some sugar free soft caramels. Yes, they do indeed exist.

3) Procure some sugar free marshmallow creme. This looks especially horrible. Ingredients prominently list Innulin, a chickory root fiber-- the very stuff found in the fiber one bar. I don't think I need to explain further.

4) Procure some sugar free chocolate.

5) Procure some Olestra. (Hard to find these days, but used to be sold under the Olean brand name.) It is Infamous in its side effects.

Crunch up the fiber one bars, and pretend you are making rice crispy treats, only using Olestra instead of butter (optional, add some artificial butter flavor, but use sparingly.), and using the sugar free marshmallow cream. Once all baked up, drizzle the confection squares with the sugar free caramel and chocolate.

TELL NO ONE what they are made from. Place them inconspicuously on a festive paper platter, in a well traveled area. Place a dish of sugar free gummybears in close proximity.

Bonus points if you do this about 20 minutes before the scheduled team meetings.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122364 on: May 24, 2017, 12:41:21 pm »

That is pure, sugar free evil.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122365 on: May 24, 2017, 12:59:01 pm »

Arent you glad I have so far refused the path of supervilliany? :p

"Man of steel eh? Overcome by a tiny confectionery? Tell us SuperMan, how long do you think you can contain your bowels, while my doomsday machine does its work!? MUAHAHAHAH"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122366 on: May 24, 2017, 01:19:40 pm »

Killed by lethal velocity fecal matter thou, what a way to die.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122368 on: May 24, 2017, 02:09:13 pm »

"Man of steel eh? Overcome by a tiny confectionery? Tell us SuperMan, how long do you think you can contain your bowels, while my doomsday machine does its work!? MUAHAHAHAH"

This is why Lex Luthor stole forty cakes.

And that's terrible.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122369 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:46 pm »

It was inedible.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,