Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8162 8163 [8164] 8165 8166 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997450 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122445 on: May 26, 2017, 10:57:06 am »

why do conspiracy nuts always put so much focus on earth

A subconscious need to prove how down to earth they are?

Or perhaps it's a conspiracy to create so many conspiracy theories about the earth that it obfuscated what really goes on beneath our feet.

Also because the Venusian government actually came out and admitted that it really did fake the terrorist attack on the BBQ Palace.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122446 on: May 26, 2017, 11:20:34 am »

I'm unsure what to say in relation to this but I am amazed it exists and very amused.
Flex can affect reality by flexing his muscles, in a reverse form of mind over matter. In the most extreme exertion of his power, he was able to transform the Pentagon into a circular building for a brief moment.

All because I looked up a comic that makes me laugh whenever I see hand to hand in games.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122447 on: May 26, 2017, 12:49:56 pm »

why do conspiracy nuts always put so much focus on earth
All the other planets are swamp gas
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122448 on: May 26, 2017, 12:52:27 pm »

Anyway, I looked up Miles Mathis a bit.

Actually, the quote "squaring the circle" tipped me onto what Mathis is probably doing to get "Pi = 4".

- inscribe a circle in a square.
- cut away the square in a horizontal/vertical zig-zag fashion
- take the limit of this as the zig-zags become smaller
- the zig-zag line approaches infintisemally close to the circle
- but the line's length never changes, hence "Pi = 4".

basically, he's taking the Manhattan Distance of the circle's boundary, and showing that that is indeed the same length as square that bounds the circle.

One main problem with that argument is that with the right shaped "bumps" on each line segment you can in fact set Pi to whatever you want with this same method, and it's still equally true that the enclosed volume approaches infintisemally close to the circle.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:57:14 pm by Reelya »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122449 on: May 26, 2017, 12:58:21 pm »

I think the problem is sliiightly deeper. The dude has a whole bunch of thoughts on how far you're allowed to abstract things and if you don't agree then you are deluded.

E: In fact the dude goes on to thoroughly prove that he has no second clue about the entirety of calculus and algebra. Dude uses all the mathematical terms but manipulates them using intuition instead of logic, like a toddler with a Sudoku. Freely translated quote: "The numerator is a point so it is zero therefore dy/dx does not make sense"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:19:38 pm by MagmaMcFry »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122450 on: May 26, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122451 on: May 26, 2017, 01:34:38 pm »

why is peach taking a selfie misogyny?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122452 on: May 26, 2017, 01:40:46 pm »

idk exactly. I guess they're saying that selfies are sexualization, but the fact is it's a thing girls actually do, and nobody is exactly holding a gun to their heads to do that. It's a selfie. It's a cultural activity created by girls them emulated by other girls.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:43:05 pm by Reelya »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #122453 on: May 26, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »

idk exactly. I guess they're saying that selfies are sexualization, but the fact is it's a thing girls actually do, and nobody is exactly holding a gun to their heads to do that. It's a selfie. It's a cultural activity created by girls them emulated by other girls.

And dudes. Let's not make selfies out to be exclusively a female sin.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122454 on: May 26, 2017, 01:43:02 pm »

Its also very rabbids.

The personality of the rabbids is satire.  Peach taking a selfie is exactly satire of peach.  It isnt a 'female taking a selfie'  it is peach taking a selfie in the middle of a life-or-death (or at least team-competition) event with blatant shallowness as satire.

To be completely honest, if that article isnt a case of 'doth protest too much' I dont know what is.  The article is taking the piss.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:46:31 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122455 on: May 26, 2017, 01:51:01 pm »

I have more problems with Mario wielding guns.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122456 on: May 26, 2017, 01:57:04 pm »

Why "sin"? You're attaching the value judgement there, people who merely mention that selfies are largely a female cultural phenomena aren't the ones doing that. There's ample research data suggesting it is so, and articles from feminists describing it as a manifestation of "gender performativity".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122457 on: May 26, 2017, 01:57:19 pm »

Yeah, it's like they never read the Mario comics and how it was stressed about Mario's no-gun and no-killing policy even as he dealt with the criminals of Gotham.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #122458 on: May 26, 2017, 02:04:24 pm »

Why "sin"? You're attaching the value judgement there, people who merely mention that selfies are largely a female cultural phenomena aren't the ones doing that. There's ample research data suggesting it is so, and articles from feminists describing it as a manifestation of "gender performativity".

Er, because calling most modern actions a sin invokes a playful exaggeration by likening a emergent phenomenon to a trespass frequently considered to be worthy of eternal damnation?

Similar to how I refer to people who microwave bacon as heathens. Clearly, this is an exaggeration, and thus it enables me to express my opinion in a humorous manner that can still allow people to laugh while in mutual disagreement.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:10:14 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122459 on: May 26, 2017, 02:08:19 pm »

Er, because calling most modern actions a sin invokes a playful exaggeration by likening a emergent phenomenon to a trespass frequently considered to be worthing of eternal damnation?

Similar to how I refer to people who microwave bacon as heathens. Clearly, this is an exaggeration, and thus it enables me to express my opinion in a humorous manner that can still allow people to laugh while in mutual disagreement.

You're on the internets, bro. Poe's Law is always in effect.

Also, people could be reacting in a similarly ironically excessive manner also in order to be amusing, though Reelya doesn't strike me as the type to do that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8162 8163 [8164] 8165 8166 ... 10973