Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8215 8216 [8217] 8218 8219 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996930 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123240 on: June 16, 2017, 03:54:55 am »

As long as you don't start calling feral children mutant apes
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123241 on: June 16, 2017, 04:26:22 am »

Feral Children have had very little or no interaction with human beings, typically being raised by wild animals (as we are social beings, we can't really avoid that aspect)

Dogs, Wild Dogs, Wolves, Goats, Monkeys, and Chimpanzees are all the animals I am currently aware of that have raised a human being.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123242 on: June 16, 2017, 09:56:21 am »

WTF MAGIKARP CAN ACTUALLY DIE IN MAGIKARP JUMP
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123243 on: June 16, 2017, 12:34:58 pm »

The council of Madrid refuses to let schools send the kids home, during a heatwave that is currently ongoing. Most schools have no airco.
Instead, schools are recommended to teach the kids some origami, and make paper flabbelates.
Teachers have complained that they are the only working place in the country that does not comply with the law that says workers should working location no warmer than 27C. Early morning, when they just start, the classrooms are already 28C, only to rise to 40+ during the current 42C heatwave.

Parents are sending their kids to school in swimming gear, with banners reading "Queremos aulas, no saunas", 'we want classrooms, not saunas'.

Yesterday an entire school in Madrid was evacuated, and all the kids brought to the morgue. Alive. Because the morgue has airco.

Schools have no aircos because the city council argues that the schools are closed during summer anyways, so they don't need it. With the early heatwave now, they might need to reconsider. Spanish kids still have a week of school left before summer holidays start.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:51:49 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123244 on: June 16, 2017, 12:38:11 pm »

The council of Madrid refuses to let schools send the kids home, during a heatwave that is currently ongoing. Most schools have no airco.
Teachers have complained that they are the only working place in the country that does not comply with the law that says workers should working location no warmer than 27C. Early morning, when they just start, the classrooms are already 28C, only to rise to 40+ during the current 42C heatwave.

Parents are sending their kids to school in swimming gear, with banners reading "Queremos aulas, no saunas", 'we want classrooms, not saunas'.

Yesterday an entire school in Madrid was evacuated, and all the kids brought to the morgue. Alive. Because the morgue had airco.

Schools have no aircos because the city council argues that the schools are closed during summer anyways, so they don't need it. With the early heatwave now, they might need to reconsider.

107F?! Geeze. and things are only going to get worse from here on out. and bleh with the morgue.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123245 on: June 16, 2017, 12:38:53 pm »

You know there is a problem when the morgue is the best place for the living to be.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123246 on: June 16, 2017, 12:39:42 pm »

Over here in the Netherlands, schools go out early or cancel classes completely if there's an official heatwave (5 consequent days of 30C and above, of which at least 2 days at 35C)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123247 on: June 16, 2017, 12:41:05 pm »

In AMERICA we have air conditioning.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123248 on: June 16, 2017, 12:42:52 pm »

There is a heatwave going on. Its not usually *that* war, this time  of the year. Averages for June and July are around 24

Central Spain IS kind of extreme weather wise,  with very warm summers and freezing winters
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #123249 on: June 16, 2017, 12:45:25 pm »

Its not usually *that* war,

Of course it isn't *that* war! It's the other war!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123250 on: June 16, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »

In Germany we just aren't dumbfucks and suspend schools when it's too hot.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #123251 on: June 16, 2017, 01:01:57 pm »

In Germany we just aren't dumbfucks

I should probably visit that country some time in my lifetime.

Would be nice to take a look at how not-dumbfucks live.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123252 on: June 16, 2017, 01:09:36 pm »

Miserably with occasional parties that make up for it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123253 on: June 16, 2017, 01:32:15 pm »

So I just watched some of "The Red Pill"
For those who don't know, it's a movie about a feminist looking into Men's Rights Activists
It's caused a very large stir and people have very loud opinions about it.
Spoiler: My thoughts (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #123254 on: June 16, 2017, 02:08:33 pm »

There are days...I wish the Rage thread was still permissible.

Been traveling for around two weeks straight on company business. Plane flights, car rides, long work days, early mornings.

Finally get home today and I don't have to do any more travel for a while. I've been fantasizing about today since last weekend.

Tired as shit but I gotta get some business done before I head home.

Go to the grocery store, and back into a lady's car leaving the parking lot. Strike one.

Dad calls immediately afterward, asks me to spend the 4th of July weekend packing up my grandmothers house (which is a nice 10 hour drive from where I live.) Strike two.

So I'm already hella pissed off.

Then I get home to a $400 bill from the IRS for late taxes of which I never saw the first bill for. My finances have been on shaky ground for the last year and this was just another kick in the nuts I didn't need. Strike three, yyyyyyeeeeeeeerrrrrr out!

Good god, life. Can you, I dunno, space this shit out a little more? My bandwidth for frustration is pretty short already and since last summer, it's literally been one thing after another, after another, after another, every month. Car accidents. Surgery. Family members hurting themselves. Bills. Bills. Bills. BILLS.

Christ if I had a family and kids to take care of I'd have probably lost my mind by now. Just trying to take care of myself I feel under-equipped to handle it some days.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:12:11 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 8215 8216 [8217] 8218 8219 ... 10973