Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8333 8334 [8335] 8336 8337 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13237620 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125010 on: August 05, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »

In other news, turns out I suck at Sonic all stars racing transformed or whatever it's called (turns out what I called it before ISIN'T the actual name) But my new WTF is why is Wreck-it Ralph and random communist guy here (his name is General Winter, but he has that one hat that the media likes to show Russians wear, and he has a red star on his tank), on a similar note: Let's be real here, no one really plays the "sonic characters and other random non-sonic characters" games for the non-sonic characters, which is why sonic always gets mentioned by name in these games

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125011 on: August 05, 2017, 04:02:23 pm »

Anybody think the movie Shallow Hal is... A shallow movie in a way?

I like it but the thing that always bugged me about it is it seemed to do what a LOOOOT of other media does which is basically call any woman who is attractive a bad person (Yeah ALL the ugly people have a heart of gold, Yep that is how this works!), and anyone in the movie who is unattractive is the best person alive.

I mean for a movie about looking past people's appearances to see what is deep down inside them... It sure is awfully concerned about people's appearances and making judgements about who they are as a person based on their outward appearance. (And NO! I am not referring to the premise of the movie)

To admit though! To be FAIR to the movie... The only attractive people were: The type of girls Hal likes to hang out with and one gold digger, so it isn't like he had much of a selection and every bad person there had a reason to be a bad person outside of being attractive.

Then again every unattractive person in the movie (except... well... The one guy who doesn't get the treatment) is a saint.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125012 on: August 05, 2017, 04:06:21 pm »

It's a shlocky 16-year-old romcom. You might have been expecting a bit much out of it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125013 on: August 05, 2017, 04:08:03 pm »

It's a Jack Black comedy. You're lucky everyone attractive isn't wearing literal red devil costumes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125014 on: August 05, 2017, 04:13:56 pm »

It's a shlocky 16-year-old romcom. You might have been expecting a bit much out of it.

I actually like it... >_>

Then again it helps that, outside VERY unfortunate implications and clear manipulation, it is better written then most Shlock tends to be.

Heck even the fat jokes, as tasteless as they have become, actually help fuel the theme of the movie. >_<

But dang those unfortunate implications. WHY do movies with a message have these unfortunate implications...

Bombey The Misfit can you tell me why that is?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125015 on: August 05, 2017, 04:43:59 pm »

No rage thread, but this works. Just had to go over to fix my mother's computer because some chucklefuck decided to remove Malwarebytes and install AVG and she didn't notice for six months where that bloatware dogshit was on her system.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125016 on: August 05, 2017, 05:10:56 pm »

No rage thread, but this works. Just had to go over to fix my mother's computer because some chucklefuck decided to remove Malwarebytes and install AVG and she didn't notice for six months where that bloatware dogshit was on her system.
... the wording there makes me ask. Did it take her six months to notice AVG was there, or did she spend six months repeatedly missing where the program's files/means of uninstallation were? Because that reads like she spent six months failing to find out what folder AVG had been put in.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #125017 on: August 05, 2017, 06:57:29 pm »

You know, it wasn't that many years ago AVG free was one of the better free AV programs. Not the best, but pretty good nonetheless.

What happened? I find it hard to believe the AVG management woke up one day and decided to destroy their company...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125018 on: August 05, 2017, 07:05:45 pm »

I... seem to recall it had gone bad before 2010? Think I remember starting to have to excise it somewhere in the mid to late '00s, anyway. Depends on what you call many years for an AV program, I guess, heh.

Quick wiki check suggests it may have been more in the 2012-ish range, though. Somewhere around the point toolbar shenanigans started happening. Why, though, I can't see easy explanation with the (very little) amount of looking I'm willing to do. Can only imagine it went the way of the ad and the owners were seduced by the sweet lure of dosh.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125019 on: August 05, 2017, 07:32:47 pm »

I still use it, don't mind it too much.

The toolbar thing is cheeky though, a pop-up occasionally appears asking if I want to install it, or do some other thing I don't want to do. The "OK!" button is highlighted, big, and clear, whereas the decline button is otherwise tiny and not at all clear that it's actually a button
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125020 on: August 05, 2017, 08:56:33 pm »

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I have avg, and have seen zero toolbars the entire time

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125021 on: August 05, 2017, 09:05:44 pm »

Eh... I don't think I ever have on my own computers, but I have had to tear the goddamn thing out of a few others.

That said, I'm also pretty sure I recall the performance starting to go straight to shit around the same time the thing began showing up. So it's a good timestamp type thing.
Ask not!
Ask!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125022 on: August 05, 2017, 09:27:11 pm »

I do remember there was a fake avg at some point

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125023 on: August 05, 2017, 10:23:19 pm »

Probably? No clue, and pretty certain all the ones I've interacted with were legit copies. Either that or they actually replaced AVG's main site, its entire supporting company, and every at-the-time currently existent installation, and everyone's actually been using the fake one ever since.

Hell, it would even explain the steady degradation of the program. AVG hasn't actually became any worse, but it has been replaced by a changeling and no one ever noticed. Somewhere in the deep back woods of some desolate corner of the world, the one good copy of the program slowly becomes corrupted by environmental damage, soon to be gone forevermore.

... and now I need to turn off this bundle of LED stripe lighting I've been using as a flashlight and put out this pile of burning motherboards before something explodes or the poisonous fumes actually kill someone. Whoever thought IT ghost stories were a good idea needs to be brained with a keyboard.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:25:56 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #125024 on: August 05, 2017, 10:37:04 pm »

ia ia avg fhtagn