Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8340 8341 [8342] 8343 8344 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13172151 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125115 on: August 07, 2017, 07:30:44 pm »

Was that in a direct reference to DF? lol, wierd as hell, but he's your mom's boyfriend.

Like he knows anything about games.

No, he's just insane.

This answers absolutely zero questions. In fact, I think it raises more questions and makes this entire conversation more confusing and awkward. So I will ask the question we are all thinking: what kind of person doesn't play video games?

There is exciting and interesting backstory to my wife and I and how we ended up married.

Part of it is that at one point she was dating a right monster of a human being. The kind of improbably terrifying person that you assume only exists in lifetime network originals. My non-violent solution was to pretend to be flamboyantly homosexual anytime he got upset with me, and to make very lightly veiled comments when he was in earshot (but thought I didn't know he was there) about his physical attractiveness.

Since he was less of a human being and more of a vessel of flesh filled half with hate and half with raw ignorance, he had no idea what to do about this and just sort of stuttered away.

Anyway the point is that actively preying on terrible people's ignorance and choice-of-hate is a proven way to confuse them into submission, and that he didn't play video games either.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125116 on: August 07, 2017, 07:58:57 pm »

what kind of person doesn't play video games?
Surprisingly, many people in my high school didn't play games. At least not "real" games. To phrase it in a way that doesn't make it look like I'm committing a No True Scotsman Fallacy, they exclusively played mobile games. Most of them preferred to spend their free time on social media sites like Snapchat and Instagram though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125117 on: August 07, 2017, 08:11:20 pm »

Your president is literally named after a fart you have gone beyond satire really.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125118 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:28 pm »

Your president is literally named after a fart you have gone beyond satire really.

Which president?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125119 on: August 07, 2017, 08:20:25 pm »

The usa one

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125120 on: August 07, 2017, 08:24:07 pm »

The usa one

I don't recall 'trump' being another name for fart. 'trumpet' or 'butt trumpet', sure, but not 'trump'.

I'm no fan of Trump anyway.

I can see people dropping off the 'et' for the lulz though.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125121 on: August 07, 2017, 09:03:35 pm »

This answers absolutely zero questions. In fact, I think it raises more questions and makes this entire conversation more confusing and awkward. So I will ask the question we are all thinking: what kind of person doesn't play video games?

Something on the TV featured a little person. Some sporting thing, I think. I had my back facing it, so I don't know what it was.

But all tech was made by aliens to control us, so he only uses what he does because he has to, or some insane shit like that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125122 on: August 07, 2017, 09:55:23 pm »

You know... I'd happily take Victor Von Doom as a president if he was competent.

So leave Le Fart alone!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #125123 on: August 07, 2017, 10:03:36 pm »

But all tech was made by aliens to control us, so he only uses what he does because he has to, or some insane shit like that.

Bizarrely, I understand that insane shit a little. I mean, when technology reaches a level of complexity that you can no longer comfortably explain it, or even understand the individual components that make a system work, then magic/aliens starts to seem a more rational explanation than the truth- and that's that there's precious few people who can explain, in detail, the way that every component of an item works. I can tell you about every component of my computer, and roughly how it works, but the more detail you get into each component the more my ignorance is revealed. I mean, I had to explain how you make cardboard to a kid the other day, and I realized exactly how little I know about how you actually make cardboard- despite the fact that most of the objects I own currently live in various boxes of cardboard.

There are times when it's a lot easier to call upon an out of context solution than it is to accept that you simply do not have the requisite knowledge to understand how most of the objects in your daily life came to be or how they work.

Also, Jesus, why is your mom dating this guy? I've got an uncle I can introduce her to. Good at making people laugh, balding, never took life quite seriously enough, has probably killed 15% of his own brain cells doing stupid things, but has a heart of gold.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #125124 on: August 07, 2017, 11:57:18 pm »

Every time i hear about that guy i expect the post to end with "so now hes in jail for murder" or something to that effect.

Your mom has terrible taste in men. I know you know this, i just want to make sure you know i know this too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #125125 on: August 08, 2017, 12:03:52 am »

The temptation to google the melting point of human flesh/bone grows
Could've sworn somebody discussed this on Bay before.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125126 on: August 08, 2017, 12:44:27 am »

The usa one

I don't recall 'trump' being another name for fart. 'trumpet' or 'butt trumpet', sure, but not 'trump'.

I'm no fan of Trump anyway.

I can see people dropping off the 'et' for the lulz though.
I do indeed recall 'trump' being a polite way of saying fart back when I was a kid up in rural northwestern PA.  Mostly used by my grandparents when me and the other sprouts were around.

So maybe it's focused on older farmer folks in rural northeastern US areas with a significant amish population?  Demographics can be really specific.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:47:53 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #125127 on: August 08, 2017, 01:08:21 am »

Well the German name "Drumpf" is a profession-based name, like Carpenter or Smith, stemming from the prestigious tradition of German fart-farming.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #125128 on: August 08, 2017, 02:06:44 am »

Mom's boyfriend went off on a weird tangent at dinner about how dwarves need to be euthanized at birth, and shouldn't be allowed to breed.

He didn't word it that nicely, but he did say 'no offence.'
Well, yeah.

Migrants come with skills, after all. Babies eat and don't do anything.

So a proper fortress tries to avoid them.

Migrants come with useless skills, mainly, and in advanced age. A proper fortress is able to educate its children from the moment they come of age in the profession assigned to them by the state.

Relevant   http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38863.30
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125129 on: August 08, 2017, 05:10:08 am »

Ok this is a silly thing to say...

But the most amazing euphemism for the Mentally Disabled I ever heard is: Touched

Like... What does that mean? How did it mean? Typically real life doesn't have those words that sound like it is from a fantasy setting.

Ps. For those offended by me choice of words... I point you towards the PC Treadmill. May you walk upon it until your knees give way.

PPS. I hope OOOH I HOPE that the euphemism "Touched" doesn't come from a even darker place then I know of.

----

Actually what is the current PC Treadmill term?

Idiot -> Simple -> Mentally Retarded -> Mentally Disabled -> Mentally Delayed -> ???
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:18:18 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 8340 8341 [8342] 8343 8344 ... 10983