Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8352 8353 [8354] 8355 8356 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002360 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125295 on: August 11, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »

Depends on what you mean by 'talk to themselves'.

Like, conversations?
One liner mutterings?
Out loud musings?
Internal thinking?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125296 on: August 11, 2017, 05:14:15 pm »

What's wrong with talking to yourself? It's normal to us.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #125297 on: August 11, 2017, 05:19:05 pm »

Inside your head? Yes. Occasionally saying your thoughts outside your head? Okay, as long as it isn't all the time. Having full conversations with people that aren't there? Not good.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125298 on: August 11, 2017, 05:23:42 pm »

Arguments out loud? Very bad.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125299 on: August 11, 2017, 05:29:32 pm »

I thought Slow-Turn Llama avatar talks to everyone? No?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #125300 on: August 11, 2017, 06:12:27 pm »

Define parameters better. I am "having a conversation" with you, atm.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125301 on: August 11, 2017, 06:30:32 pm »

Define parameters better. I am "having a conversation" with you, atm.

Are you saying that he isn't really there? Someone is typing his replies.

Unless of course he is a skynet, and has no physical form.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #125302 on: August 11, 2017, 08:27:27 pm »

I was thinking sophisricated sellware. Perhaps the first letter of each sentence he posts spells a product. We may never know.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #125303 on: August 11, 2017, 08:43:37 pm »

Like, conversations?
One liner mutterings?
Out loud musings?
Internal thinking?

i got into a fistfight with myself once

i lost
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125304 on: August 12, 2017, 12:06:38 am »

Diaries are talking to yourself.  So is cussing or complaining when alone, heh.  Going a little farther, I often mutter out loud when working on a particularly complicated code issue.  I pretend I'm explaining it to someone else, which helps me get my thoughts in order and notice mistakes I've made.  It triggers my "don't embarrass yourself" error-checking, along with forcing me to step through my process without rushing.

As a general rule, I don't do that when other people might hear though :P  Even though I think most people do it a little, it's a bit taboo in my experience.  Around others, I simply start ranting stream of consciousness into a txt file.  Or maaaybe actually talk to them I guess, depends.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125305 on: August 12, 2017, 01:10:35 am »

The SEVERE Taboo comes from the Schizophrenia scare (Or Insanity Scare).

People hear that talking to yourself outloud is a sign you are insane so people took it as basically the equivalent of howling at the moon.

Anyhow it is PERFECTLY normal

"Like, conversations?
One liner mutterings?
Out loud musings?"

Yes, Yes, and yes. Perfectly normal.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125306 on: August 12, 2017, 02:18:49 am »

You know... When I said a while ago that you could be fired for Ideological differences in the USA and that was perfectly legal.

I didn't know that it was perfectly legal... I was just thinking that it was more that a company could at least ASSUME you did something wrong due to complaints and never need to actually look at the source material. So someone could say you are a ISIS sympathizer for a video you make, and the company could just... Listen to the hearsay and not actually validate it.

But apparently yes... You can be fired for expressing views that are not the company's views... and this is 100% legal in the USA. Regardless if it includes hate speech or not.

Looks like the USA (and not just the USA, but I don't want to research ALL the countries right now) needs to shore up their freedom of expression laws... They aren't in the 1950s anymore where you invite the boss over for dinner in order to get a raise and having an opinion was considered faux pas.

ESPECIALLY since there is so much push towards "Consequences for dissenting opinion" and that our lives are a lot more public... And we can't just recork it.

---
---

On a less dark note...

Apparently companies that constantly churn out highly profitable but low critical acclaim works (as well as are generally poor to their employees) seem to end up getting difficulty with recruitment.

I didn't really think of that...

---
---

Finally now this IS on Sharia Law but BEFORE YOU RUN! I am not talking about the whole thing, nor do I want to. Only on one section of it that is just so puzzling to me.

Which is that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's.

The reason that is so weird is because in a sort of evidence based law system such a law makes little-no sense because there is no "value" of evidence and a sort of binary True, Untrue. Certainly one could doubt the evidence presented and who presented it but that isn't gathered by a sort of judgement of the person's gender but on the validity of it.

Yet what is also SOO fascinating about this one rule in Sharia Law is I feel like I can backtrack it and get a good feel for the justice system that would have implemented it.

It would probably be a "Guilty until proven innocent" system where the court cases often boil down to a SORT OF discourse (He said, She said... though gender is irrelevant here) with less focus on hard evidence. My inexperience tells me that such a system would also include Doubt Punishments, because a system without a strong idea of innocence and guilt POSSIBLY would include lesser punishments for cases with reasonable doubt, OR in the worst case scenario allow reasonable doubt to enact a guilty verdict (as was ALSO the case)

Finally it would also suggest to me a high level of corruption within the Judge's ranks... They are made to act more upon their opinions on how they "Feel" about people. This invites, persuasion.

I wonder how far off I am... I am basing this off VERY little experience. I mean I could judge it based on the ENTIRE law, but I wanted to see how much I could dig myself into a hole based on one law.

---
---

I want to do a Case Study on Diablo 3... In how the Market affected the game.

I mean they basically bent its design towards the market. Even the final difficulty mode was entirely market driven.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:17:36 am by Neonivek »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125307 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:59 am »

Don't you have a thread for your musings? :p

You went from somewhat erroneous stuff employment law (I live in a "Right to Work" state, which basically means I can be fired without notice, but also quit without notice. Imbalanced power, but eh, US hates employees) 'cause really, anywhere you go you can be fired for any reason so long as the ostensible reason you get fired is legal, and it's pretty simple for an employee to set you up to do something you're not s'posed to. Health and safety rules at my job are impossible to follow and actually do what I'm s'posed to do, for example.

From that onto enployment at some companies, to Sharia Law, after that I stopped reading. Diablo 3 came up at the end. I'm not sure how all these link...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125308 on: August 12, 2017, 06:56:27 am »

I don't have anything strong for my musing thread right now.

I want to keep it relatively controversy free. At least as much as possible.

The "Fired for ideological differences" was me correcting something I said on WTF before, the Company thing was just a small thing, Sharia law I decided was too controversial and would spiral out of control, and the Diablo 3 would be better if I had something solid for my musing thread.

And right now I feel sick, I am incredibly sleepy, and I have a headache that is only BARELY fended off by aspirin I took... and I can't sleep...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125309 on: August 12, 2017, 08:48:29 am »

Like, conversations?
One liner mutterings?
Out loud musings?
Internal thinking?

i got into a fistfight with myself once

i lost

Okay tyler durden
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8352 8353 [8354] 8355 8356 ... 10974