Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8388 8389 [8390] 8391 8392 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996690 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125835 on: August 24, 2017, 03:06:40 pm »

CS instructor spends the entire lecture reading us his Twitter feed, which is basically just an RSS of popular news sites, and showing us videos of him singing songs instead of teaching us anything remotely useful.

w h y

Wax on wax off young grasshopper. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth.   Don't forget to breathe, very important.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #125836 on: August 24, 2017, 03:22:23 pm »

CS instructor spends the entire lecture reading us his Twitter feed, which is basically just an RSS of popular news sites, and showing us videos of him singing songs instead of teaching us anything remotely useful.

w h y

Wax on wax off young grasshopper. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth.   Don't forget to breathe, very important.
Do forget to breathe to end the pain and enter the
V O I D
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125837 on: August 24, 2017, 03:41:49 pm »

Ok here is something that was surprising (I'd put it in questions but they still don't know the difference between a Violent Protest and a Riot)

There is APPERANTLY something where people have calculated how much child support actually goes towards the child... and it suggests that most of child support goes towards the mother and not the child and in some extreme cases none.

What is this based on? this is surprising.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125838 on: August 24, 2017, 04:18:24 pm »

Ok here is something that was surprising (I'd put it in questions but they still don't know the difference between a Violent Protest and a Riot)

There is APPERANTLY something where people have calculated how much child support actually goes towards the child... and it suggests that most of child support goes towards the mother and not the child and in some extreme cases none.

What is this based on? this is surprising.
Really? People abusing the system to spend money on themselves surprises you?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #125839 on: August 24, 2017, 04:27:06 pm »

Unless the money is spent on crap like beauty treatments, booze, cigarettes, or similar; then there isn't much difference between "spending the money on the child" and "spending it on yourself". Anything that results in a better living standard, or makes it easier for the mother to get and/or keep a job benefits the child in question.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125840 on: August 24, 2017, 04:29:20 pm »

Is this child support from the other parent in cases where the parents have separated to ensure that both parents are contributing to the child's welfare, or child support received from the state to make up the difference for parents who can't reasonably afford to do so on their own?  I mean in either case it depends how they're calculating how much is spent on the child vs themselves, and whether it's a bad thing depends in part on whether the child's needs are being met before and after the support payment.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125841 on: August 24, 2017, 04:32:00 pm »

Is this child support from the other parent in cases where the parents have separated to ensure that both parents are contributing to the child's welfare, or child support received from the state to make up the difference for parents who can't reasonably afford to do so on their own?  I mean in either case it depends how they're calculating how much is spent on the child vs themselves, and whether it's a bad thing depends in part on whether the child's needs are being met before and after the support payment.

Separation and unmarried pregnancy.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125842 on: August 24, 2017, 05:28:36 pm »

Then yeah, it depends very much on how these calculations are being made.  I'm especially curious (and dubious) about the bit saying that in extreme cases none of the child support is going towards the child.  It seems to me that for that to be true then either a) no money at all (from either parent) is going towards the child, or b) the person making the statement has a pretty odd way of deciding how much of the money being spent on the child comes from the child support payment.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125843 on: August 24, 2017, 07:16:26 pm »

I imagine that things that the woman buys that benefit her solely

(wine, (new) car, manicure, dates, etc)  are counted in that.  I suppose its like using a college education stipend for a gaming laptop.

Is the argument that the money is going for the woman's own fashion sense, cigarettes, and comcast bill?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:19:02 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125844 on: August 24, 2017, 07:52:36 pm »

I feel bad for the guy who had to think of 50 boo puns for Luigi's mansion

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125845 on: August 24, 2017, 07:55:48 pm »

Some people actually like making puns, y'know. Even if they aren't very bood at it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125846 on: August 24, 2017, 07:57:34 pm »

Boo, awful attempt, though I guess you're getting into the spirit of things. Don't let the specter of your failure hang over you, try again.

Fakeedit: apparently James Bond ruined my ability to spell the word specter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125847 on: August 24, 2017, 08:02:00 pm »

Why yes, I was indeed talking aboot myself there :P

Puns may slay me, but my own punsmithing abilities remain rather ghastly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125848 on: August 24, 2017, 08:04:34 pm »

Much better, your ancestors will be proud.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #125849 on: August 24, 2017, 08:10:47 pm »

I've never been the best at ghost puns. I just can't get into the spirit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 8388 8389 [8390] 8391 8392 ... 10973