Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8405 8406 [8407] 8408 8409 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998440 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126090 on: August 29, 2017, 06:42:11 am »

...Even though milking does not hurt them
????????????
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126091 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:31 am »

Probably not. The religious restriction do not refer to bodyparts but species. Lab grown steaks will not be of any particular bodypart, but they will geneticaly be of a certain species.

Not so sure. The religious restriction of Hindu, yeah, you could be right. But Muslims don't not eat pork because it is of the species pig, they don't eat pork because the animal it comes from eats, and/or rolls around in it's own feces. It's simple. Any animal that eats it's own shit or rolls in it is 'halouf'. Lab grown bacon doesn't eat it's own shit, so it might actually be okay.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #126092 on: August 29, 2017, 07:32:33 am »

...Even though milking does not hurt them
????????????
for our viewers:
Yoink things milking animals is a form of oppression, Mathel doesn't.

The goat is curiously silent about the issue
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126093 on: August 29, 2017, 07:35:43 am »

Yoink things milking animals is a form of oppression

* Ultimuh facepalms.
* Ultimuh leaves thread.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #126094 on: August 29, 2017, 07:39:19 am »

Now. lets be honest about one thing here: Yoink kind of has a point. One that I dont agree with, but its internay consistent. Milk industry and meat industry are linked because cows need regular pregnancies to keep making milk.  This doesnt mean that we shouldn't drink milk or est meat, but doesnt make it less real
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126095 on: August 29, 2017, 07:40:18 am »

milking critters has led to the biggest pair of tits per weight animal in the world
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126096 on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:20 am »

If y'all aren't aware of how the dairy industry works that is perfectly understandable, as I said in my previous post I was similarly unaware myself until not so long ago - I thought veganism was kinda silly, that for a cow to be a milker was probably no worse than a dreary desk job by human standards. As far as I was aware, milk was to cows as eggs are to chickens - the stuff's got to come out anyway, so why shouldn't a  human consume and enjoy it?

Turns out that is not the case at all. The truth of the matter is rather distasteful and I shan't go into details here (anyone who cares enough to be interested could surely find such facts with ease using the search engine of their choosing), but suffice to say if I hadn't quit my high school's agriculture classes at the earliest opportunity - before we were initiated into the dark arts of the dairy department - I imagine I would have jumped straight to veganism long before I even stopped eating meat in this timeline. :P

In other WTF news, last night I slept at a friend's place and one of the cats there chose to sleep on my legs. I had a series of very intense, dramatic dreams... this tends to happen whenever cats sleep next to me. It is very strange. Unfortunately I remembered even less of the dream(s) in question this time, thoug. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126097 on: August 29, 2017, 08:26:45 am »

Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
:P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126098 on: August 29, 2017, 08:39:09 am »

May I sig this?
The shield beats the sword.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #126099 on: August 29, 2017, 08:43:14 am »

This made me seriously WTF today if you're wondering.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126100 on: August 29, 2017, 08:47:39 am »

May I sig this?

Absolutely. :)

Not sure why. I was lightly teasing Yoink, and also bacon wrapped steak is delicious. And so is whole milk. I can drink a gallon of milk in two days.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #126101 on: August 29, 2017, 08:49:49 am »

Not sure why. I was lightly teasing Yoink, and also bacon wrapped steak is delicious. And so is whole milk. I can drink a gallon of milk in two days.

Oh I read that horribly wrong. I thought you said this:

Urge to drink milk while steak wrapped with bacon rising...

Somehow I just read over the word eating xD

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #126102 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:15 am »

Whole milk is, indeed, the business.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126103 on: August 29, 2017, 09:01:38 am »

I'll explain a little further:  This isn't some moral issue with hand-milking cows.  There's a lot of rather gruesome damage that sometimes occurs from industrial milking.  I get the impression that it's avoidable, and I'd like to believe most cruelty-free farms avoid overmilking and avoid the damaging practices.

I still drink milk though, in fact I'd kinda put all this out of my mind...  I still eat meat occasionally, so it's especially hard to imagine cutting out dairy.  What I ought to do is buy local, there's a farm nearby that I'm pretty sure wouldn't do anything like this.  I could find out, and be okay.  But I don't drink much milk, mostly eat cheap cheese, so it'd only help a little.

At least I can buy free-range eggs (but it's restrictive to avoid consuming industrial chicken meat).  It's all pretty frustrating...  I kinda hated the protagonist in Silent Running for being a food snob instead of just a preservationist.  Everyone was vegan in that movie, he just wanted veggies instead of cruelty-free paste lol.  I don't care about eating animals, or their population levels, I just hate that we force animals to live in truly nightmarish conditions.  They'd absolutely be better off dead.  Yet I often support factory farms by buying cheap.

Heh I could do that as a kid, now it takes me about a week to drink a half gallon.  Probably since I treat it like a snack instead of a regular meal-item.

Also the window guy came back into my apartment unscheduled but I DGaF anymore, he saw some mess, whatever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #126104 on: August 29, 2017, 09:05:50 am »

Yeh cows get aids and they make more malk thats why they hsve antibiotics in der fod its yummy.
I like pork milk cause it taste like milky ham
TL;DR i used to be a vegan like you till i couldnt function properly
××××××××××××××××××
Pages: 1 ... 8405 8406 [8407] 8408 8409 ... 10974