Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8416 8417 [8418] 8419 8420 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997885 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126255 on: August 31, 2017, 11:48:07 am »

I used to drink pineapple juice regularly. Unfortunately it is expensive. Goes great with vodka though.
...How low would your salary have to be for juice to be expensive?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126256 on: August 31, 2017, 11:49:05 am »

That's it, I'm changing my time-travel wish fulfillment to going back to Canada in the 60s and killing whoever first put pineapple on pizza.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126257 on: August 31, 2017, 11:51:24 am »

But it's gooooooood
I used to drink pineapple juice regularly. Unfortunately it is expensive. Goes great with vodka though.
I don't recall seeing pineapple juice at the local mid-quality grocery store.  It might be a specialty item here in the States.  The elite, extra-expensive chain probably has it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #126258 on: August 31, 2017, 11:52:43 am »

...What.

Isn't it a normal ingredient in cocktails?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126259 on: August 31, 2017, 11:59:40 am »

But it's gooooooood
I don't recall seeing pineapple juice at the local mid-quality grocery store.  It might be a specialty item here in the States.  The elite, extra-expensive chain probably has it.
I don't know the chains in your area, but Walmart lists it at $2.77 a can on their website.

Besides, you can get the horrid stuff just by buying a can of pineapple chunks.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126260 on: August 31, 2017, 12:04:32 pm »

Walmart has *everything*, in a way.  I don't go there except for unusual stuff.  I'm sure it has juice of every fruit...  From the best offer, and covered in added sugar.

Local store might have pineapple juice.  Likely I didn't notice while scanning for my grocery list.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126261 on: August 31, 2017, 12:08:01 pm »

...What.

Isn't it a normal ingredient in cocktails?

Its pretty important in mai tais
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #126262 on: August 31, 2017, 01:22:42 pm »

I don't have anything against pineapple on pizza, but I've never tried and I don't feel any need to. Only fruit we need on pizza is TOMATO.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #126263 on: August 31, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »

What about bananas?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #126264 on: August 31, 2017, 01:25:58 pm »

...no?

Why would you do that?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126265 on: August 31, 2017, 01:26:51 pm »

My wife doesn't work, we just had a baby, and I am hourly at a grocery store. Anything that isn't, 'you will literally die without this', is too expensive.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #126266 on: August 31, 2017, 01:39:03 pm »

My heart goes out to you.  Its not easy to make that work these days.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126267 on: August 31, 2017, 01:46:33 pm »

I appreciate that. We are doing very well, all things considered. We just need to get a home loan but low credit. My wife is pretty stressed about it, but I am patient. Just gotta play the credit card and car loan game.

It helps that I am an assistant manager at a good company.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #126268 on: August 31, 2017, 01:51:27 pm »

That's good.  I'm also in retail currently but I'm at a company that doesn't promote from inside the company.  I don't know about your grocery store but here the difference between what a manager makes and what part time/entry level makes pretty huge.  Depending on how many hours the part time employee gets it can be more than double... fortunately for me I'm still getting some support from my parents.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126269 on: August 31, 2017, 02:04:00 pm »

Huh I also work in retail now (Dollar General) and I was just told, literally yesterday that I'm being put up for promotion to keyholder, after only about 3 months working there.
And that also came literally the day after my computer completely crapped out, and that the power supply kicking the bucket decided that 'you know what, I'm taking all of y'all with me' and expanded some capacitors on the motherboard too.  So it is quite welcome since I'm going to be dropping a relatively significant sum on a new computer.  I still won't be 'real' full time though, so it may not be a huge increase in pay.

I am also getting support from my mom, mostly because mom does not want to live alone, and doesn't want me to leave though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:06:22 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8416 8417 [8418] 8419 8420 ... 10973