Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8607 8608 [8609] 8610 8611 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184106 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129120 on: December 02, 2017, 10:09:15 am »

Yeah, every time I hear about a hurricane or flood I shrug and say something about idiots who live on a floodplain/coast and go on my way. What kind of idiots live in an area that gets periodic predictable disasters?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129121 on: December 02, 2017, 10:30:16 am »

Another WTF: Either the A.I in civ 6 is way better than the A.I in civ 5, or it gets to cheat a lot earlier, seriously, while I'm working on my first settler they are on at least their third, and this is only on the second difficulty, (then again, my main strategy in civ 5 (building up one city and found very few, and then taking everyone over in the mid-late game stage when I'm way far ahead in tech and military units) doesn't work in civ 6)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129122 on: December 02, 2017, 10:41:01 am »

Another WTF: Either the A.I in civ 6 is way better than the A.I in civ 5, or it gets to cheat a lot earlier, seriously, while I'm working on my first settler they are on at least their third, and this is only on the second difficulty, (then again, my main strategy in civ 5 (building up one city and found very few, and then taking everyone over in the mid-late game stage when I'm way far ahead in tech and military units) doesn't work in civ 6)
There's a map reveal code for Civ 6's ~ console, maybe you can use that to see turn by turn exactly what the enemy AI is doing.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #129123 on: December 02, 2017, 11:03:45 am »

Yeah, every time I hear about a hurricane or flood I shrug and say something about idiots who live on a floodplain/coast and go on my way. What kind of idiots live in an area that gets periodic predictable disasters?

"Florida Man"
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129124 on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:58 am »

"Florida Man"

You rubes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_earthquakes_in_California
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129125 on: December 02, 2017, 11:26:43 am »

been using social dating apps.

ive had several hits, a few conversations, 2-3 girls attempting to hook up for the night, and 2 girls last night trying to enjoy their night.

but i did not go.  to either..
why?

i think i may be insecure.  about my job and social skills.

girl was smoking hot Australian too.  or at least the pics were hot.  like upscale model hot.

i want to talk about it but I haven't told any meatsack friends about my using the dating apps.  so i guess i cant discuss my insecurities either . . .
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:30:35 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129126 on: December 02, 2017, 12:13:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:24:49 pm by JoshuaFH »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129127 on: December 02, 2017, 01:21:19 pm »

"Florida Man"

You rubes.

Those are technically periodic, but as far as current scientific methodology goes, unpredictable. We can say theyre going to happen, eventually, probably, this fault over here hasnt slipped in a few years and those two plates are still moving, but thats about as accurate as it gets.

Now, hurricanes not only give advance warning but occur on a reasonably reliable annual basis. Floods too, to a degree.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #129128 on: December 02, 2017, 01:26:07 pm »

Insure the hell out of everything and go on holiday during death-season.

Simples :P.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129129 on: December 02, 2017, 01:57:17 pm »

There's a map reveal code for Civ 6's ~ console, maybe you can use that to see turn by turn exactly what the enemy AI is doing.
I can confirm the a.i is cheating on second difficulty, like maybe 6 turns after founding capital, Spain had a scout, and then got another like 2 turns later

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129130 on: December 02, 2017, 02:04:38 pm »

Insure the hell out of everything and go on holiday during death-season.

Simples :P.

But you have no money for holidays because you’reninsurng the hell out of everything, and those premiums go up during/after death season, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129131 on: December 02, 2017, 02:12:40 pm »

While processing returns at work I got what may have been the strangest item I've ever seen. Someone managed to get a short book of their own Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic type thing sold through Amazon. It was riddled with typos, poorly expanded pixelated art from cards and promo material and the blurb on the back was basically something a socially awkward person would write about themselves to try and bolster their confidence.

The customer comment was that it was riddled with typos. Well duh, it probably had no editor of any kind.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129132 on: December 02, 2017, 02:51:30 pm »

"Florida Man"

You rubes.

Those are technically periodic, but as far as current scientific methodology goes, unpredictable. We can say theyre going to happen, eventually, probably, this fault over here hasnt slipped in a few years and those two plates are still moving, but thats about as accurate as it gets.

Now, hurricanes not only give advance warning but occur on a reasonably reliable annual basis. Floods too, to a degree.

So just to compile:

"Earthquakes are absolutely going to happen, and they've been happening for generations, but people who live in disaster zones are illogical. Earthquake-land is different though because the disasters are not only assured (we are actively watching tectonic plates move under our feet) but do not provide enough advance warning to evacuate."

From this, I can only assume that, by the current forum definition, anyone who lives anywhere except Wisconsin is insane.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129133 on: December 02, 2017, 03:09:53 pm »

"Florida Man"

You rubes.

So just to compile:

"Earthquakes are absolutely going to happen, and they've been happening for generations, but people who live in disaster zones are illogical. Earthquake-land is different though because the disasters are not only assured (we are actively watching tectonic plates move under our feet) but do not provide enough advance warning to evacuate."

From this, I can only assume that, by the current forum definition, anyone who lives anywhere except Wisconsin is insane.
yes

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129134 on: December 02, 2017, 05:37:42 pm »

No, Michigan counts too. We had an earthquake about a year ago, but it was far too weak to damage anything and it was the only one I ever felt in my life. Other than that, tornados are possible but very rare.

Frankly, our area is one of the safest places to live in the world as far as natural disasters are concerned.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 8607 8608 [8609] 8610 8611 ... 10983