Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8609 8610 [8611] 8612 8613 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167128 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129150 on: December 03, 2017, 08:36:40 pm »

Looks more 30s, 40s than 50s.

I was under the impression that the ones previous the most recent XCOM gamer were more around the beginning of the Cold War.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #129151 on: December 03, 2017, 08:37:33 pm »

Yeah, I quite liked the idea of the FPS with the black tar murderblobs and the big flying obelisks. They made a big mistake naming it XCOM, imo. It was a cool idea, but that just isn't what people want or expect from an X-Com game.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129152 on: December 03, 2017, 08:50:55 pm »

From the way GiglameshDespair described it, it sounds like they copied as much from XCOM as they could get away with. No idea what the IP status is on the XCOM franchise though.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #129153 on: December 03, 2017, 09:09:45 pm »

The Bureau is very changed from what it was earlier in development though.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129154 on: December 03, 2017, 09:45:25 pm »

My housemates' cat is currently wearing a cone about her head, to prevent tongue-based interference with her surgical stitches.
She is rather unhappy about this situation, and it seems that to take out her frustrations she decided to sneak into my room and pee on my doona. The first I learned of this was when, going to bed last night, I pulled said doona up over myself and was greeted by the overwhelming smell of cat piss.

Why, cat? Why?! I'm not the one who had you spayed! Dx
Now I guess I'll have to buy some sort of replacement doona/blanket or whatever, on top of all the other expenses that have already been stressing me out. Oh well. Poor cat. I hope she cheers up soon once she is free of her cone.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129155 on: December 03, 2017, 11:33:00 pm »

While waiting for the bus last night, there was a group of people there just talking. Some guy walks up to them and tells them to shut up, because his friends didn't want to hear them. Then points at no-one. He wasn't with anybody. They tell him to go away, and he does for a bit, talking to himself and just making random gestures.

Then when the group starts talking again, he walks back up to them and tells them to shut up again, saying he doesn't like the way their voices sound. After getting told to go away again, he instead moved practically shoulder-to-shoulder to one of them and continues mumbling to himself, occasionally gesturing at nothing or looking at one of them and telling them to 'shut the fuck up'.

He took the same bus as I did. Even though there were free seats, he stood right next to the bus driver, continuing to talk to himself and ignoring the bus driver's instructions to step back.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129156 on: December 03, 2017, 11:37:47 pm »

One GOPer basically said that the poor don't deserve tax cuts because they just spend it all on women and booze.

Seriously, the fuck? Is he *really* that deluded?

Some of them definetly are.

Edit: For context, it's Sen Grassley https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/03/grassley-tax-booze-women-movies-277764
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:58:34 pm by smjjames »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129157 on: December 04, 2017, 12:15:13 am »

You'd think, of the things you could lose, an ID would be the one that made it easiest for a government organisation to contact you.

Ah but you forget; if a task, no matter how trivial, isnt explicitly in the job description of a given department, they will not do it. This includes informing departments whose job it would be to perform this task. Tax dollars at work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129158 on: December 04, 2017, 12:26:58 am »

One GOPer basically said that the poor don't deserve tax cuts because they just spend it all on women and booze.

A surprisingly large amount of pollies are, yes. We had one in Australia who stated that high petrol prices don't affect poor people because they "can't afford cars and things".

While waiting for the bus last night, there was a group of people there just talking. Some guy walks up to them and tells them to shut up, because his friends didn't want to hear them. Then points at no-one. He wasn't with anybody. They tell him to go away, and he does for a bit, talking to himself and just making random gestures.

Then when the group starts talking again, he walks back up to them and tells them to shut up again, saying he doesn't like the way their voices sound. After getting told to go away again, he instead moved practically shoulder-to-shoulder to one of them and continues mumbling to himself, occasionally gesturing at nothing or looking at one of them and telling them to 'shut the fuck up'.

He took the same bus as I did. Even though there were free seats, he stood right next to the bus driver, continuing to talk to himself and ignoring the bus driver's instructions to step back.

Sounds like he was going through a very severe schizophrenic episode. Poor fella. They're pretty common on public transport where I am too, there's just not enough funding to support those people who need help.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129159 on: December 04, 2017, 01:56:52 am »

Did rental contract with roommate, kinda at his insistence.  Filling out the contract was fine, I'm just really uncomfortable about money matters >.>
But we did the contract and he showed me the money, and then...
he flipped the month's rent at me like a G

I have complicated, personal, family issues about money and here was my former (romantic nonsexual) crush flipping 20's at me with a goofy grin
Godsdamn, I continue to win at life I guess
As in, seeing a rain of 20's (even 20's which I need to deliver to a bank posthaste) just overloaded my circuits.  Humans are not equipped to handle a single step of an economy, unless it's stale numbers.

then the toilet overflowed again and I spent an hour twisting wastewater out of towels but shit's pretty great gotta say
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #129160 on: December 04, 2017, 02:24:02 am »

One of our deputies said that the people 'should eat less,' when he was asked on the radio about rising food prices in Russia. Oh, and that deputy once made a 'rousing speech' about how the Russian government is gonna protect the people against 'evil foreign forces'. The deputy is extremely rich, he has a fucking personal plane with a pilot and also an apartment in London. So much for defending Russia from EEEEVULL EU/NATO. Hypocritical female canines...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129161 on: December 04, 2017, 02:34:09 am »

"Let them eat pirozhki"?  ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #129162 on: December 04, 2017, 03:55:24 am »

Also politicians: "Spend more! Spending is the basis of the economy! Why aren't you spending more?!"
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #129163 on: December 04, 2017, 03:56:02 am »

"Let them eat pirozhki"?  ):
I myself prefer pelmeni, but a pirozhok, especially with potato puree in it, is also great. /off-topic

But yeah, our deputies are probably the most corrupt rich assholes on the planet. Armok knows what methods they use to earn such amounts of money.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129164 on: December 04, 2017, 03:59:16 am »

Cant be worse than South African officials. Really. The bar for "most corrupt" is set pretty damn high by those guys.
Pages: 1 ... 8609 8610 [8611] 8612 8613 ... 10983