Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8660 8661 [8662] 8663 8664 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997689 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129915 on: January 13, 2018, 06:14:21 am »

IIRC Chinese tanks are already in the Chinese version of the game, think I remember seeing someone on YT do a showcase. Also WT installs unwanted/unneeded update software secretly that not only you can't get rid of but it stays installed after you remove the game, forcing you to look for it manually and delete the files in question.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129916 on: January 13, 2018, 09:18:46 pm »

I disabled right clicking for my drawing tablet pen, but my computer doesn't seem to care. It's making drawing a real pain in the ass, since the held-time to activate right click seems to be instant.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129917 on: January 14, 2018, 03:12:57 am »

Had dinner at golden corral (bc i can) and i get seated behind a woman with two horrid little gremlins. The first projectile vomitted in my direction when she picked it up and the other is coughing everywhere, screaming and banging silverware together and keeps staring at me. It is generally a disconcerting experience overall. But they let me switch tables, which was awesome because it got me a little further from them. I left the waiter all my change, even though it added up to a fairly meager tip
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129918 on: January 14, 2018, 03:18:09 am »

I dont eat at Golden Corral.  Horrible screaming gremlins are indeed the reason, but not because they are screamers.  No.

IT IS BECAUSE THOSE HORRIBLE BAGS OF FLESH THAT SPAWNED THEM WONT KEEP THEIR SPAWN'S HANDS OFF THE FOOD.

Goodness.. that came out harsher than I expected.  Basically, the little ill conceived nuisances to civilized society run around, pick their noses, scratch their asses, cough, touch god only knows what--- and then--- scamper, run around all over the place like they ate a whole bag of cocaine, and generally touch, lick, and in general contaminate all of the food items on the buffet.

Their parents, too mortally drained from constant exposure to this hell they have conjured forth with their loins, are powerless to prevent this tragedy.

That for some reason the Golden Corral seems to be so frequently afflicted, I simply refuse to go.  Horrible unsupervised children + Buffet == "No thanks."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129919 on: January 14, 2018, 10:58:35 am »

I'm just not a huge fan of their food.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #129920 on: January 14, 2018, 11:33:41 am »

I'm just not a huge fan of food.
Damn breatharian. Too good for our humble victuals?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129921 on: January 14, 2018, 11:41:18 am »

Way to reach into their mouth and erase their words, unbidden, from existence.

Or something like that, I haven’t yet properly woken.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129922 on: January 14, 2018, 12:20:41 pm »

Way to reach into their mouth and erase their words, unbidden, from existence.

Or something like that, I haven’t yet properly woken.
It's more eloquent than I usually manage.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129923 on: January 14, 2018, 08:15:19 pm »

I ate at Golden Corral once! It was rather nice, although there was indeed one trailer trash couple accompanied by their spawn, having a vicious argument in the entrance as we left. Buuuuut then that really just added to the experience for me, being a massive tourist and all.

Also our (extremely nice) waitress was from Texas and said y'all at least once, so I was able to cross that off my list of things to do in the States. :D
Though I don't know how enjoyable it would be to eat there nowadays... back then I was only vegetarian, and there were plenty of potato salads and meat-free pasta dishes to choose from. Now it would probably be a nightmare, haha.

...Does Golden Corral count as a "classic US fast food chain"? Because I was actually pretty bummed that I didn't find a chance to eat at any such places (like Denny's or Taco Bell or some shit) while I was over there, but maybe GC counts as a Southwestern version.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129924 on: January 14, 2018, 08:19:39 pm »

...Does Golden Corral count as a "classic US fast food chain"?

If it does, I don't want it to.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129925 on: January 14, 2018, 08:20:32 pm »

I'm reasonably certain it doesn't count.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129926 on: January 14, 2018, 08:25:09 pm »

Golden Corral isn't a fast food chain, it's a buffet chain. Denny's isn't a fast food chain either. If there's no drive-through it isn't fast food, generally.

My own Golden Corral experience is that my family got all sorts of free meals there because of a business association, until the salmonella crisis hit. Then things...wrapped up pretty quickly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129927 on: January 14, 2018, 08:27:46 pm »

My stepdad is running a propane heater in the basement to keep the pipes from freezing. He also cannot find his carbon monoxide detector.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129928 on: January 14, 2018, 08:42:55 pm »

If there's no drive-through it isn't fast food, generally.
I'll have to disagree with you there, there are plenty of chains around that lack drive-thrus in some locations, or forego them entirely. The Denny's I've seen in comic books, film and other media is definitely a fast food joint.
You're right about GC not really counting as fast food, though. Dang.
Next time I visit I might just make a tour of the country's fast food places, maybe just photographing them if they lack vegan options. It'll be a sort of pilgrimage, with those new Amy's restaurants as Mecca, of course. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129929 on: January 14, 2018, 08:45:22 pm »

Denny's is a diner, not a fast food joint. Fast food joints require you to unwrap your food, and don't provide plates or silverware.

My stepdad is running a propane heater in the basement to keep the pipes from freezing. He also cannot find his carbon monoxide detector.

Don't worry. Virtually all portable propane heaters put out very low levels of CO, as they are intended for indoor use. It is possible for them to be dangerous, but the danger is minor unless they are really high output.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 8660 8661 [8662] 8663 8664 ... 10973