Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8661 8662 [8663] 8664 8665 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13144431 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129930 on: January 14, 2018, 08:48:40 pm »

Don't worry. Virtually all portable propane heaters put out very low levels of CO, as they are intended for indoor use. It is possible for them to be dangerous, but the danger is minor unless they are really high output.

Or you have little ventilation. A normal house should be fine.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129931 on: January 14, 2018, 08:50:15 pm »

Isn't a diner a subset of fast food place, though?
I guess mainly I just counted it alongside the others due to how recognisable it is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129932 on: January 14, 2018, 08:53:01 pm »

My stepdad is running a propane heater in the basement to keep the pipes from freezing. He also cannot find his carbon monoxide detector.

There are reasonably cheap wires he could buy to do that without the chance of poisoning your family. Home Depot or whatever should have them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129933 on: January 14, 2018, 09:06:29 pm »

Isn't a diner a subset of fast food place, though?
I guess mainly I just counted it alongside the others due to how recognisable it is.

No. A diner is a traditional "waitress takes your order, brings you your food on a real plate instead of in a paper wrapper, you eat it with real utensils instead of your hands or disposables, then you get the check and pay" restaurant. They're considered to be lower-end, and focus entirely on cheap but filling working-class food, but they're not fast food.

"Fast Food" is "pay up-front, collect your food at a counter, unwrap it and use the wrapper as a plate".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129934 on: January 14, 2018, 09:42:00 pm »

I noticed a Golden Corral near my new location just yesterday and was thinking of trying it, how funny.

WTF:  I attended a local Ingress meetup with my dad and had a decent time.  Did some... bleh... networking.
Some people were also very rude, accidentally.  I played it cool, and the mild anger feels *very* pleasant.  Mmm, warm thoughts with none of the regretful actions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129935 on: January 14, 2018, 09:49:27 pm »

People still play Ingress?!

I thought Pokemon Go completely took over.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129936 on: January 14, 2018, 10:26:25 pm »

A few people there do play GO, due to GO stops being a subset of Ingress portals.  But even they dripped with derision, heh.
That's not the rudeness I was talking about (though one person openly scorned the Wonderful stats, max-CP-for-me chikorita I caught).  That was just amusing irony.  "Ohoho, a children's card game?  How unlike our very serious game where the only PVP is literally based on refreshing a shitty UI faster!"

Honestly...  Ingress has a flat-out amazing community, but the game itself is garbage now.  Innovative when it started, but completely resting on its obsolete laurels.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129937 on: January 15, 2018, 08:16:36 am »

Though I don't know how enjoyable it would be to eat there nowadays... back then I was only vegetarian, and there were plenty of potato salads and meat-free pasta dishes to choose from. Now it would probably be a nightmare, haha.
I'm pretty sure golden corral's buffet lineup has been largely unchanged since... basically ever. It's rare joints like that in the US have much of a shakeup in offerings, outside a few things that rotate throughout the week and maybe a couple others that are seasonal or somethin'. Basically, anything you ate once you'd probably be able to eat again, even if it's been like a decade. Or two. Or more. Place more or less has the same friggin' bread rolls they did in the 90s, last I ate at one. Which has been a few years cause I kinda' hate eating buffet, but eh.

Most country buffet type things tend to have plenty of non-meat options, though. Most buffet type things in general, stateside. Hell, usually there's more variation there than there is with meat, both due to customer inclination and cost. Folks like their meat but most like their sides pretty heavily, too, and the restaurant would really love it if you ate less of the generally (much) more expensive meat.

Your biggest conceptual problem as a vegetarian would probably be stuff cooked with meat. Greens cooked with ham or bacon for flavor more than to be ate, that sort of thing. McDonald's fries kinda' stuff.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:18:12 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129938 on: January 15, 2018, 09:53:53 am »

looks like we got a bot again.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #129939 on: January 15, 2018, 09:54:51 am »

Though I don't know how enjoyable it would be to eat there nowadays... back then I was only vegetarian, and there were plenty of potato salads and meat-free pasta dishes to choose from. Now it would probably be a nightmare, haha.
I'm pretty sure golden corral's buffet lineup has been largely unchanged since... basically ever. It's rare joints like that in the US have much of a shakeup in offerings, outside a few things that rotate throughout the week and maybe a couple others that are seasonal or somethin'. Basically, anything you ate once you'd probably be able to eat again, even if it's been like a decade. Or two. Or more. Place more or less has the same friggin' bread rolls they did in the 90s, last I ate at one. Which has been a few years cause I kinda' hate eating buffet, but eh.

Most country buffet type things tend to have plenty of non-meat options, though. Most buffet type things in general, stateside. Hell, usually there's more variation there than there is with meat, both due to customer inclination and cost. Folks like their meat but most like their sides pretty heavily, too, and the restaurant would really love it if you ate less of the generally (much) more expensive meat.

Your biggest conceptual problem as a vegetarian would probably be stuff cooked with meat. Greens cooked with ham or bacon for flavor more than to be ate, that sort of thing. McDonald's fries kinda' stuff.

I think Yoink moved to Vega at some point, more than GC changing their line up.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129940 on: January 15, 2018, 10:16:14 am »

Holy shit.  Temperature was warm all weekend, even at night.  Now it is suddenly fucking cold.
...  Good thing I was being a dumb shit last night.  Cause I would have woken up half frozen and on my way to a cold or something.  Stayed awake long enough to feel the temperature shift and thrown on extra layers.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129941 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:26 am »

looks like we got a bot again.

At least it's not one of those rampant ones.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129942 on: January 15, 2018, 01:31:58 pm »

Saw some interesting valentines the other day.  They were cards that came with little 45 records of random love songs and such.  Another place had the usual assortment of obnoxiously large plush animals, which for whatever reason included giant llamas.  Which must work as upon seeing them I thought "Love Llamas".  Either that or Will Wright siezed control of the valentine's day market.

Either way the discovery's rather ephemeral.  If social lives could be geography I'd be some rock in the Pacific.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129943 on: January 15, 2018, 05:43:09 pm »

CCleaner, made by Piriform, has the abilty to delete an old windows installation.

I tried this twice today.

Both times, Explorer.exe shut off suddenly and I ultimately had to wind up resetting my computer.

If that sounds like it was irritating, it's because it was.

Thing is, I remember selecting the option before and never having any problems like that...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129944 on: January 15, 2018, 05:58:03 pm »

Can you not delete old windows installations through windows itself?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8661 8662 [8663] 8664 8665 ... 10980