Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8664 8665 [8666] 8667 8668 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171389 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129975 on: January 17, 2018, 01:51:51 am »

Sadly, for people in timbuktu like me, it means lots of driving. (I tried for awhile, but it wore off quick.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #129976 on: January 17, 2018, 02:03:24 am »

Yeah, it really only works if you live in cities.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129977 on: January 17, 2018, 02:04:56 am »

Yeah, it's absolutely unbalanced for people living in less than the densest-populated areas.  I just spent 4 years in a decently urban place, and it was a massive disadvantage compared to the denser area I came from.  There was a struggling Ingress community, and people played GO, but there was no GO community. 

And the actual rural area surrounding was basically dead, obviously. 
I still remember repeatedly driving through this one town between home and old-home, which was always pure Resistance in Ingress.  I'd knock down some portals, and half an hour later get thanked by the local players for the free XP I'd given them.  Openly mocking the one local Enlightened player.  Idiots, they hopefully gave up a while ago.  I just drove through after a certain point.

Point is, Niantic really doesn't bother to make the games even playable for rural players, much less fair.  It's frankly remarkable how little they care about that.  Their vision is that points of interest should be in urban areas, and that's still how the games work.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129978 on: January 17, 2018, 02:30:18 am »

Ok, for an actual WTF---

Apparently, "Tide Pod Challenge" is totally a thing.

See people, this is what happens when you prevent nature from culling the stupid-- she finds a way to make them kill themselves instead.
How about this for the next one, you morons--- The Busy Highway challenge!!  Just stand out in the middle of a 4 lane highway at rush hour as long as you can!

*Boggles*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129979 on: January 17, 2018, 02:33:58 am »

Implying that highway chicken isn't generations older than tide pods.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129980 on: January 17, 2018, 02:34:26 am »

Everything old is new again!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129981 on: January 17, 2018, 02:43:11 am »

Implying that highway chicken isn't generations older than tide pods.
It's amazing how many people wander into roadways, specifically turning their backs on oncoming traffic and casually making their way at an angle that prolongs their time in the lane.

Often they have the right of way legally, and generally I'm fine with them having the right of way.
But the cyclist and pedestrian in me just boggles, watching them.  How can they trust cars that much?

Here's the thing:  I salute those brave souls.  If nobody exercises the rights of pedestrians and cyclists, those rights will be forgotten and lost.
But I would join a dozen more Critical Mass rides before I'd dare turn my back on a single oncoming car like that, alone.  The balls on these people!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129982 on: January 17, 2018, 02:45:16 am »

Personally, I employ dominance stares whenever crossing an intersection on foot.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129983 on: January 17, 2018, 02:51:53 am »

Shit, I have actually been run over WITH THE WALK SIGNAL ON, IN A CROSSWALK, MORE THAN ONCE.

It is usually the "Red sports car" asshole who insists that he must blast around the corner on the red light without looking, because if he had to actually stop and then turn like he is supposed to, his testicles would shrivel and fall off--- or something.

Seriously though, Yeah. TWICE.  TWICE!!

(Mutters inaudibly about dumbfucks.)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129984 on: January 17, 2018, 03:01:51 am »

Exactly!  Intersections are the scariest place to walk, and my friends agree with this - forget the "walk" signal, people will turn-right-on-red without really checking.

The safest place to walk is definitely in a long stretch.  Since we're conscientious, we walk along until it's clear, but honestly...  I get why certain people just stride into such stretches without right-of-way, knowing that people will slow down.
It's much safer than following the rules, and using an intersection's crosswalk.

Crosswalks:  Only for when the traffic's too thick to jaywalk.  And even then, fix your eyes on those in the turn lane.  If they don't see you, be prepared!
She/they

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #129985 on: January 17, 2018, 03:08:02 am »

Shit, I have actually been run over WITH THE WALK SIGNAL ON, IN A CROSSWALK, MORE THAN ONCE.

It is usually the "Red sports car" asshole who insists that he must blast around the corner on the red light without looking, because if he had to actually stop and then turn like he is supposed to, his testicles would shrivel and fall off--- or something.

Seriously though, Yeah. TWICE.  TWICE!!

(Mutters inaudibly about dumbfucks.)
That's a lot of times to be run over.  Were they serious accidents?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129986 on: January 17, 2018, 03:21:41 am »

I have been run over 4 times. Once I admit to being my fault (but in my defense, I was 4.)  The other times?  MORONS. MORONS ALL OVER.

That one time was actually serious (concussion and hospital stay)--- the others I got off with just bumps and bruising with some road rash. (And in one instance, a damaged bicycle wheel) Not the point though-- DUMBASSES in their fucking red sports cars high on their own damn testosterone, cant be arsed to STOP, LOOK, THEN TURN-- No, they have to just BLAST around that corner, for "Reasons."

But I digress. 

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129987 on: January 17, 2018, 03:35:29 am »

Hardly a digression. Having lived in a smallish towncity of ~25,000 folks, I tend to jaywalk a lot. A lot of it is hustling across during periods of light traffic, but in winter I tend to be almost run over a few times during the first few snowfalls. College student drivers and internationals not used to the snow, after all.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129988 on: January 17, 2018, 03:39:25 am »

Yoink is in the Hemisphere Down Under, so I doubt cold is what did him in.
What about dry?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #129989 on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:53 am »

My word, I just remembered an occasion some seventeen odd years ago. A man in a Moomin suit had done the 'Lie down on major motorway, get out of the way of traffic' dare. He had failed at the latter part, and had been killed. I remember it, for the newspapers ran the story (for it must have been a rather slow week), and one of them carried the bombastic head-line 'THE MOOMIN SUIT BECAME A DEATH TRAP', which sounded quite interesting. I thought, quite reasonably, that this meant there was a horrible, dangerous design flaw in some Moomin suits, and that some poor Finnish children's TV actor or somesuch had asphyxiated and died on set.

I did not expect it to be code for 'Man kills himself in exceedingly stupid way'.

Personally, I employ dominance stares whenever crossing an intersection on foot.

I tend to hurry along, and try to not hold up the traffic. Until they blare the horn or rush the engine as to hurry me up. Then, I slow down, look around me to take in the beautiful scenery, fish out my tobacco, light up and finally shamble out of the way. As it happens, when people in motor-cars rush me along, it feels as if all time and worry simply pours off my shoulders, and I have all the time in creation, and nothing is worth doing hastily. I particularly like to do so when there is someone elderly who is desperately moving full-steam to get out of the way of Mr. Late Lars's Ferrari.

I have been run over 4 times. Once I admit to being my fault (but in my defense, I was 4.)  The other times?  MORONS. MORONS ALL OVER.

That one time was actually serious (concussion and hospital stay)--- the others I got off with just bumps and bruising with some road rash. (And in one instance, a damaged bicycle wheel) Not the point though-- DUMBASSES in their fucking red sports cars high on their own damn testosterone, cant be arsed to STOP, LOOK, THEN TURN-- No, they have to just BLAST around that corner, for "Reasons."

But I digress. 

That particular species is common here, as well. There is a nice, long, wide street at the end of which sits my house. Good, reliable old brick is the dominant material here. It is apprently quite irresistable to blast through at flank speed, and listen to that engine work, and make sure half of the parish does so too.

The Main Motherfouler in this particular case drives a yellow Lammbogini, rather than a red one, but the difference in colouring is also the main one. There is his (presumably) friend and fellow motor enthusiast, who drives what appears to be an Audi, painted in gold polish, so that it looks like it has been wrapped in golden fudge paper. It is ridiculous. He is a bit more careful, but nonetheless, one must be watchful when the motoring season comes.

The raggare, on the other hand. Oh! They come each summer, in their vintage, titanic American cars, and slowly rolls through the city, having a lovely time. I like them, for when they crawl down the road in their hulking cars, it stops the sports car Mr. Toad's Wild Ride re-enactors dead in their track. They behave in traffic, their cars looks pleasant, and they are having a wonderful time. It is a good day in spring, when one hears the old V8's come rumbling, accompanied by faint Rockabilly in the distance... It is like when the wagtails returns, and spring is, as they say, go.

Pages: 1 ... 8664 8665 [8666] 8667 8668 ... 10983