Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8694 8695 [8696] 8697 8698 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997956 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130425 on: January 31, 2018, 06:29:01 pm »

... mostly I just wonder why the doc was aware of your bandwidth consumption to begin with. Or I did, until I remembered you're in the hospital and probably nomming their line. Then it made sense!

Now I'm kinda' curious how often that's a discussion they have with inpatient folks. Also vaguely interested in what it takes to actually make them upset. There's obvious guesses, but they gotta' have some oddball stories tucked away somewhere. Hospitals always do, and one but hopes gerbils aren't involved that time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130426 on: January 31, 2018, 07:03:12 pm »

The high speed line is for brain scans, not rocket-riding magical girls
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #130427 on: January 31, 2018, 07:54:13 pm »

Unless said brain scan is to find the rocket-riding magical girls hiding inside all of our minds.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130428 on: January 31, 2018, 08:04:44 pm »

Did you say rocket sled riding magical girls?
Spoiler: Not just in Japan (click to show/hide)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130429 on: January 31, 2018, 08:12:11 pm »

That counts as obscure? Wizardry VII, isn't it?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130430 on: January 31, 2018, 09:54:33 pm »

Everyone I mention it to has no idea about it. That makes it fairly obscure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130431 on: January 31, 2018, 10:12:43 pm »

You say it’s called wizardry but there are no wizards in that party. Mages don’t count.

Also, why is there a priest if there’s a bishop?

Also also, it’s obviously Japan ‘cause there’s a ninja. And a samurai. You suck at anecdotal evidence.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #130432 on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:09 pm »

Wizardry VII was fun, I feel like such a dumbass leaving the save I had going (plus my portrait edits) on my old laptop.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130433 on: January 31, 2018, 10:43:14 pm »

I just love that the Priest is named Frieth.  It looks good in fixed-width font.
also "jetlagging" back 5 hours is so weird, even the next day.  I should really go to sleep 15 minutes ago so I don't get weirdly emotional at people again tomorrow.
While sober!  And in person!  Why do people share such raw emotions in actual proximity?  It was weird.
I missed the supermoon eclipse.  I was awake, but I was waiting on someone else to get ready - a very ironic reversal, for me.  (it was well below our treeline anyway)
I saw two pretty dawns, though, even through the trees.  Largely due to the trees, proud spires in parallax. 
Change is invigorating.  And life is so exhausting.

Some of my friends not only can't drive a stick, but didn't have their social security number drilled into their memory at an early age?
I kinda wonder if this influenced my opinion of illegal immigration.

Uru was a MMO puzzle game in the Myst canon, and somehow wasn't bad.  I have experienced such wonders, with presumably more to come.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130434 on: January 31, 2018, 10:46:19 pm »

Did you say rocket sled riding magical girls?
Spoiler: Not just in Japan (click to show/hide)

Wizardry VII looks a lot like Might and Magic 3/4/5. Even the somewhat goofy names for party members.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130435 on: January 31, 2018, 10:58:53 pm »

Wizardry, The Bards Tale, and Might And Magic were the Big Three in first-person turn-based dungeon crawlers back in the day. The Bard's Tale series died a quiet and mostly-unlamented death after the third game, while the other two continued to compete until M&M started to suck and Wizardry moved to Japan.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130436 on: January 31, 2018, 11:04:34 pm »

It's funny that The Bard's Tale was supposed to be called "Tales of the Unknown, volume 1: The Bard's Tale". e.g. it was only meant to be the subtitle for the first game, not the actual name of the series. So the plan was probably that any sequels would be like "tales of the unknown, volume 2: The Knight's tale" etc etc.

But then everyone just shortened that to "The Bard's Tale" so they stuck with that for marketing reasons.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:07:02 pm by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130437 on: January 31, 2018, 11:44:22 pm »

I was kinda sad to see Sirtech (the people that made the wizardry series) go poof after wiz8.

while it was a bit behind the times in technology and eyecandy for the era it came out, it is a pretty solid game. I've been playing it on my converted chromebook to  my great personal enjoyment. (the GOG version does well with WINE)

I heard that there was a "wizardry online" that came out recently, but I stay away from MMORPGs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130438 on: January 31, 2018, 11:49:15 pm »

Oh god, Vegans are going Antifa in Australia and storming restaurants to shame the meat eaters, with a promise to ramp it up until they stop all the bad people eating

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/im-not-going-to-stop-vegan-activist-leader-vows-to-ramp-up-restaurant-disruptions/news-story/6fc20ba67be81a200b633703faa9e407

btw. this is the place they stormed:

http://www.raresteakhouse.com.au/

Never heard of it before, I'm not a steakhouse person but now I'm hungry for steak and mashed potatoes from them. Streissand effect in full force.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:53:04 pm by Reelya »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130439 on: January 31, 2018, 11:49:24 pm »

Wizardry's not dead. Wizardry 8 was the last Sirtech game, but there's been something like forty Wizardry games made in Japan, although only 4 (Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land, Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, Wizardry Online and Wizrogue: Labyrinth of Wizardry) have English releases. There's probably fan translations for at least some of the rest.
Pages: 1 ... 8694 8695 [8696] 8697 8698 ... 10973