Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8948 8949 [8950] 8951 8952 ... 9974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5635919 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • It floats you
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134235 on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:09 pm »

Wizardry VII was fun, I feel like such a dumbass leaving the save I had going (plus my portrait edits) on my old laptop.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #134236 on: January 31, 2018, 10:43:14 pm »

I just love that the Priest is named Frieth.  It looks good in fixed-width font.
also "jetlagging" back 5 hours is so weird, even the next day.  I should really go to sleep 15 minutes ago so I don't get weirdly emotional at people again tomorrow.
While sober!  And in person!  Why do people share such raw emotions in actual proximity?  It was weird.
I missed the supermoon eclipse.  I was awake, but I was waiting on someone else to get ready - a very ironic reversal, for me.  (it was well below our treeline anyway)
I saw two pretty dawns, though, even through the trees.  Largely due to the trees, proud spires in parallax. 
Change is invigorating.  And life is so exhausting.

Some of my friends not only can't drive a stick, but didn't have their social security number drilled into their memory at an early age?
I kinda wonder if this influenced my opinion of illegal immigration.

Uru was a MMO puzzle game in the Myst canon, and somehow wasn't bad.  I have experienced such wonders, with presumably more to come.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134237 on: January 31, 2018, 10:46:19 pm »

The high speed line is for brain scans, not rocket-riding magical girls

Did you say rocket sled riding magical girls?
Spoiler: Not just in Japan (click to show/hide)

Wizardry VII looks a lot like Might and Magic 3/4/5. Even the somewhat goofy names for party members.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #134238 on: January 31, 2018, 10:58:53 pm »

Wizardry, The Bards Tale, and Might And Magic were the Big Three in first-person turn-based dungeon crawlers back in the day. The Bard's Tale series died a quiet and mostly-unlamented death after the third game, while the other two continued to compete until M&M started to suck and Wizardry moved to Japan.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134239 on: January 31, 2018, 11:04:34 pm »

It's funny that The Bard's Tale was supposed to be called "Tales of the Unknown, volume 1: The Bard's Tale". e.g. it was only meant to be the subtitle for the first game, not the actual name of the series. So the plan was probably that any sequels would be like "tales of the unknown, volume 2: The Knight's tale" etc etc.

But then everyone just shortened that to "The Bard's Tale" so they stuck with that for marketing reasons.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:07:02 pm by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134240 on: January 31, 2018, 11:44:22 pm »

I was kinda sad to see Sirtech (the people that made the wizardry series) go poof after wiz8.

while it was a bit behind the times in technology and eyecandy for the era it came out, it is a pretty solid game. I've been playing it on my converted chromebook to  my great personal enjoyment. (the GOG version does well with WINE)

I heard that there was a "wizardry online" that came out recently, but I stay away from MMORPGs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134241 on: January 31, 2018, 11:49:15 pm »

Oh god, Vegans are going Antifa in Australia and storming restaurants to shame the meat eaters, with a promise to ramp it up until they stop all the bad people eating

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/im-not-going-to-stop-vegan-activist-leader-vows-to-ramp-up-restaurant-disruptions/news-story/6fc20ba67be81a200b633703faa9e407

btw. this is the place they stormed:

http://www.raresteakhouse.com.au/

Never heard of it before, I'm not a steakhouse person but now I'm hungry for steak and mashed potatoes from them. Streissand effect in full force.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:53:04 pm by Reelya »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #134242 on: January 31, 2018, 11:49:24 pm »

Wizardry's not dead. Wizardry 8 was the last Sirtech game, but there's been something like forty Wizardry games made in Japan, although only 4 (Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land, Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, Wizardry Online and Wizrogue: Labyrinth of Wizardry) have English releases. There's probably fan translations for at least some of the rest.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134243 on: February 01, 2018, 12:07:58 am »

Oh god, Vegans are going Antifa in Australia and storming restaurants to shame the meat eaters, with a promise to ramp it up until they stop all the bad people eating

That's pretty awesome! :D
Certainly seems a lot more effective than most of the protest methods I've seen (seriously, staging a peaceful hunger strike outside a slaughterhouse? Wtf is that going to achieve?). I can't help being annoyed by your antifa comparison, though...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Think I'll go where it suits me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134244 on: February 01, 2018, 12:08:52 am »

Wizrogue: Labyrinth of Wizardry
That is an amazing name for a game.
The only way. To let go, and catch hold again when you're done. If you miss, there's no floor, no nothing.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134245 on: February 01, 2018, 12:10:12 am »

Those look like PETA activists, not activists against eating meat.

Not into steak myself though, and no it's not because morals or being vegan or anything.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #134246 on: February 01, 2018, 12:44:37 am »

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/im-not-going-to-stop-vegan-activist-leader-vows-to-ramp-up-restaurant-disruptions/news-story/6fc20ba67be81a200b633703faa9e407

btw. this is the place they stormed:

http://www.raresteakhouse.com.au/

Never heard of it before, I'm not a steakhouse person but now I'm hungry for steak and mashed potatoes from them. Streissand effect in full force.

Isn't that known as disturbance of the peace in legal terms
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134247 on: February 01, 2018, 01:00:14 am »

Isn't that known as disturbance of the peace in legal terms
It's also trespassing, but Australia is a third-world country where the law no longer functions

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134248 on: February 01, 2018, 03:26:13 am »

While on the topic of Japan....

Seriously. Look at that spacesuit, and the insignia on it.

Japa

• Bay Watcher
  • Spoopy time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134249 on: February 01, 2018, 03:35:02 am »

We're they trying to make the book look creepy?

Pages: 1 ... 8948 8949 [8950] 8951 8952 ... 9974