Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8695 8696 [8697] 8698 8699 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999961 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130440 on: February 01, 2018, 12:07:58 am »

Oh god, Vegans are going Antifa in Australia and storming restaurants to shame the meat eaters, with a promise to ramp it up until they stop all the bad people eating

That's pretty awesome! :D
Certainly seems a lot more effective than most of the protest methods I've seen (seriously, staging a peaceful hunger strike outside a slaughterhouse? Wtf is that going to achieve?). I can't help being annoyed by your antifa comparison, though...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #130441 on: February 01, 2018, 12:08:52 am »

Wizrogue: Labyrinth of Wizardry
That is an amazing name for a game.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130442 on: February 01, 2018, 12:10:12 am »

Those look like PETA activists, not activists against eating meat.

Not into steak myself though, and no it's not because morals or being vegan or anything.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #130443 on: February 01, 2018, 12:44:37 am »

Oh god, Vegans are going Antifa in Australia and storming restaurants to shame the meat eaters, with a promise to ramp it up until they stop all the bad people eating

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/im-not-going-to-stop-vegan-activist-leader-vows-to-ramp-up-restaurant-disruptions/news-story/6fc20ba67be81a200b633703faa9e407

btw. this is the place they stormed:

http://www.raresteakhouse.com.au/

Never heard of it before, I'm not a steakhouse person but now I'm hungry for steak and mashed potatoes from them. Streissand effect in full force.

Isn't that known as disturbance of the peace in legal terms
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130444 on: February 01, 2018, 01:00:14 am »

Isn't that known as disturbance of the peace in legal terms
It's also trespassing, but Australia is a third-world country where the law no longer functions

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130445 on: February 01, 2018, 03:26:13 am »

While on the topic of Japan....

Seriously. Look at that spacesuit, and the insignia on it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130446 on: February 01, 2018, 03:35:02 am »

We're they trying to make the book look creepy?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #130447 on: February 01, 2018, 03:36:37 am »

. Also vaguely interested in what it takes to actually make them upset. .
Last time I got angry with a patient it was after five minutes of screaming for something that wasn't important to begin with, and most certainly wasn't my fault.  Notably said person wasn't even my patient.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:38:23 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130448 on: February 01, 2018, 03:43:13 am »

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/im-not-going-to-stop-vegan-activist-leader-vows-to-ramp-up-restaurant-disruptions/news-story/6fc20ba67be81a200b633703faa9e407

btw. this is the place they stormed:

http://www.raresteakhouse.com.au/

Never heard of it before, I'm not a steakhouse person but now I'm hungry for steak and mashed potatoes from them. Streissand effect in full force.
Bah, don't see animal rights getting any better from actions that do nothing but annoy and alienate from the public. Go to a supermarket to protest, don't go disturb people who might have saved up a few months to take their family to a restaurant.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130449 on: February 01, 2018, 03:46:19 am »

. Also vaguely interested in what it takes to actually make them upset. .
Last time I got angry with a patient it was after five minutes of screaming for something that wasn't important to begin with, and most certainly wasn't my fault.  Notably said person wasn't even my patient.

You should try working in a nursing home.  Sadly, I cannot share the horror stories I have borne witness to.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130450 on: February 01, 2018, 03:56:08 am »

In an ultimate victory for the radical feminists, women are being banned from sports.

Yesterday, debate erupted in the UK to get rid of the Walk-On Girls (girls accompanying darters to the stage).
Today, Formula 1 decided to get rid of the Grid Girls.
It is expected that basketball / football cheerleaders are next to be scrapped.

It is expected that in 2020, women will be removed from all work related positions, so they can safely do the dishes at home, free from prying men's eyes.

Good job, feminists!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:02:58 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130451 on: February 01, 2018, 05:15:58 am »

Like Scientology, Raelian writing is really a gullibility filter. e.g. they don't want to time-waste with mentally competent people so they front-load with statements like this:

That was to change on December 13, 1973, when, on his way to work, he had the UFO encounter that transformed his life forever

Seriously, the bar can never get low enough for gullible idiots. At least L. Ron Hubbard lied a lot about traveling through the orient and discovering the secrets of the tibetan mystics etc, to claim where he got his "wisdom". Rael just says "I was going to work one day and you'll never guess what happened ... " and people buy into it.

Basically, that's his entire religion: "one day on the way to work, aliens contacted me and told me to build a 'temple' and whoever believeth in the aliens and worship at the temple, lo, when the aliens return, you'll be taken up in the UFO to get eternal life through high-tech science. Oh BTW, the aliens said you should have lots of sex with me in the meantime".
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:30:40 am by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #130452 on: February 01, 2018, 06:04:40 am »

TBH the way I hear it Raelianism is pretty much an excuse to do orgies to begin with.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130453 on: February 01, 2018, 06:18:12 am »

Too much Abrahamic religion baggage for me there, to bother with the orgies. For example, they wanted land in Israel to build their temple, but that got knocked back, partly because they use the swastika as part of their iconography.

Isn't Israel crowded enough as the Holy Land for enough religions already? They don't need another one. Why not say the aliens are coming back to Tahiti or somewhere?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130454 on: February 01, 2018, 07:46:03 am »

Cool Runnings is racist? Well then.

I also rather like the vegan lady’s response to criticism from other vegans:

“They’re fake vegans trolling our Facebook page.”

Awesome.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8695 8696 [8697] 8698 8699 ... 10974