Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8696 8697 [8698] 8699 8700 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998120 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130455 on: February 01, 2018, 07:47:09 am »

Seriously?

That's like, one of the all time greatest sports movies ever made. An overwhelmingly positive piece of work that I'd reccomend to anyone, anytime. So, what exactly do these objecting students find problematic about the movie? Are they of Jamaican descent and as such find it misrepresents their culture? Or are they some budding SJW that got outraged by the nerve of having funny talking black people in a movie?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130456 on: February 01, 2018, 07:50:10 am »

The No True Scottsman is strong with that one.

(Nevermind that there are numerous reasons why one may choose to be vegan, which range from "Meat tastes bad" to "meat is not very healthy for you", to "meat is unnecessary", to "the vast majority of food animals are kept in terrible conditions, so to avoid feeding a system of cruelty, I abstain completely" to "Animals are friends not food!" and a huge number of slots between those. Of course, all those other reasons for being vegan arent REAL veganism, only the last category is! Because reasons!!) /s

Cool Runnings:
Maybe they are germanic, and dont like the way the german team was portrayed? ;)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130457 on: February 01, 2018, 08:43:08 am »

Technically, being vegan for health reasons rather than ethical ones is more correctly known as being "plant-based".
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130458 on: February 01, 2018, 08:47:19 am »

TBH the way I hear it Raelianism is pretty much an excuse to do orgies to begin with.
So where does one sign up? Uh... Asking for a friend.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130459 on: February 01, 2018, 08:52:39 am »

You could always just create your own orgy cult. With blackjack and hookers!
More of them, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130460 on: February 01, 2018, 08:57:14 am »

... Riiiight. Create. As in... In the future. Because I 100% haven't done that... Yep!

* Descan hurriedly burns a small hill of pamphlets.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130461 on: February 01, 2018, 09:19:16 am »

The No True Scottsman is strong with that one.

(Nevermind that there are numerous reasons why one may choose to be vegan, which range from "Meat tastes bad" to "meat is not very healthy for you", to "meat is unnecessary", to "the vast majority of food animals are kept in terrible conditions, so to avoid feeding a system of cruelty, I abstain completely" to "Animals are friends not food!" and a huge number of slots between those. Of course, all those other reasons for being vegan arent REAL veganism, only the last category is! Because reasons!!) /s

Cool Runnings:
Maybe they are germanic, and dont like the way the german team was portrayed? ;)
Being vegan means not eating any animal based products, not just meat.
Not eating meat is vegetarian.

So every vegan is a vegetarian, but not every vegetarian is a vegan.

Either way, the last 2 reasons you noted would require something to be done about it. But what?

A) Releasing all food animals from captivity.
    To where?
     We would need to convert areas that produce food for them into areas that produce food for humans.

B) Mass slaughter.
      But that does not sound like a logical or ethical solution.

Also, some nutrients are difficult or impossible to get from plants. This would lead to increasing of prices of food supplements and people dying from food defficiencies.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130462 on: February 01, 2018, 09:22:05 am »

... Riiiight. Create. As in... In the future. Because I 100% haven't done that... Yep!

* Descan hurriedly burns a small hill of pamphlets.
* Rolan7 Scans a pamphlet.
Been there, got the avatar :P

And cool running isn't racist, but it's using stereotypes for humor. I can totally see that making someone uncomfortable (Yeah, maybe the Germans!), just show something else.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:58:38 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #130463 on: February 01, 2018, 09:30:53 am »

My mother thinks that vegans are the ones who eat vegetables AND dairy products, not vegetarians. The terminological fuck-ups like that irk me a bit, especially since my mother stubbornly believes that what she said is correct. She also believed that the German people are actually Aryans, but I corrected her on that a while ago. 
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130464 on: February 01, 2018, 11:42:50 am »

There's a book in one of the humble bundles entitled: 'Angry Man Pounded by the Fear of His Latent Gayness Over a Dinosaur Transitioning Into a Unicorn'
The synopsis reads:
'When Carl’s bro sends him photos of a hot and sexy unicorn, he cant help getting turned on. But when Carl discovers that the unicorn of his dreams was once reality star and athlete, Bort Jenkins, a former tyrannosaurus rex from the show Borting Up With The Dinosaurs, Carl’s whole world turns upside down.

Terrified that he may be dinosexual, conservative Carl is now thrown into a whirlwind of self-destruction, culminating in a literal encounter with his sexual identity fears.

Soon enough, Carl finds himself in a hot gay gangbang with his physically manifested bigotry. But will this extreme pounding be enough to help this Carl learn that real love takes many forms?'

(Looking at his (her?) other books in the bundle, Mr Chuck Thingle appears to be an author of some oddity)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:45:47 am by Il Palazzo »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130465 on: February 01, 2018, 12:01:14 pm »

Ah, Mr Thingle. Yes, he writes "satire," or claims to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notable for being nominated by the more right-wing/conventional side of the Hugo Awards nomination panel in a humourous critique to tedious pandering to identity politics and other pinko dross such as the inclusion of black female writers. Mr Thingle had the perfect response.

One wheel short of a wagon

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130466 on: February 01, 2018, 12:50:43 pm »

That is amazing.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130467 on: February 01, 2018, 01:01:06 pm »

Also, some nutrients are difficult or impossible to get from plants. This would lead to increasing of prices of food supplements and people dying from food defficiencies.
Er, no, we're not cats.
I'm actually a vegetarian and I only rarely eat eggs and dairy – all just because I don't like those things, not for stupid moral reasons – and I'm not even protein deficient or anemic, somehow, despite having made less than zero effort to balance my diet.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #130468 on: February 01, 2018, 01:48:38 pm »

Ah, Mr Thingle. Yes, he writes "satire," or claims to.

Notable for being nominated by the more right-wing/conventional side of the Hugo Awards nomination panel in a humourous critique to tedious pandering to identity politics and other pinko dross such as the inclusion of black female writers. Mr Thingle had the perfect response.

I remember two of Thingle's books appearing on "The Worst Things For Sale". One was "Hit in the butt by my own butt" and another was "Hit in the butt by covefe".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #130469 on: February 01, 2018, 01:50:37 pm »

According to his Wikipedia page, Chuck Tingle, is the author of...

Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt,
Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt",
Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt'",
Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt"'",
Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt'"'"
and finally
Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"'"'

What an interesting fellow
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 8696 8697 [8698] 8699 8700 ... 10973