Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8700 8701 [8702] 8703 8704 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998704 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130515 on: February 01, 2018, 08:34:59 pm »

Oh right, for actual WTF yet on-topic material, I did once see a couple of amusing debates over whether vegans could consume um...  Human materials.  Like biting fingernails!  And, you know, placentas.  And other stuff, use your imagination.

Yum, delicious human mucus.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130516 on: February 01, 2018, 08:41:01 pm »

Haven't been able to actually finish a multiplayer match in FighterZ in two days, despite numerous attempts, because the game either spontaneously disconnects you moments after entering a lobby for no reason, or disconnects you while you're in the middle of a match, again, for no reason. At this point I've collected over 100 screenshots (I think) that are literally nothing but pictures of connection errors.

The servers for this game are a fucking cruel joke and the "maintenance", in some strange twist of fate, actually managed to make it worse.

Except for the Xbox One version of the game, which is apparently A-OK now. Good for them I guess.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130517 on: February 01, 2018, 08:55:16 pm »

Oh right, for actual WTF yet on-topic material, I did once see a couple of amusing debates over whether vegans could consume um...  Human materials.  Like biting fingernails!  And, you know, placentas.  And other stuff, use your imagination.

Yum, delicious human mucus.

Vegans hate oral sex?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130518 on: February 01, 2018, 09:18:16 pm »

Kidding aside, the overwhelming consensus appeared to be "no, there's no harm being done".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130519 on: February 01, 2018, 11:06:14 pm »

Watching some gameplay of... pokken tournament dx, apparently. Switch intermittently 3D fighting game. All I can think is that this is the most evil looking pikachu I've ever seen in official material. Little yellow shit looks like it's there specifically to beat the everloving hell out of anything that can't run away fast enough, and thoroughly enjoying every sadism infused minute of it. It's like the only two facial modes the bastard has is rape and murder.

Even what seems to be its friggin' idle animation is a sort of "hey, watch how violently I'm about to fuck this thing's face" sort of expression. Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.

It's somewhere between uncanny and unsettling, with a degree of impressiveness directed both to whoever animated the apparently homicidal vermin and whoever convinced the project leads to let them go ahead with prison escapee pikachu, late of death row for the mass murder of dozens of intelligent beings, presumably only mostly non-human.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #130520 on: February 02, 2018, 12:21:11 am »

Pokemon just faint, so it's all good
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130521 on: February 02, 2018, 12:45:58 am »

I'm like 90% sure being unconscious around that particular pikachu isn't much if any better than just being dead. I've not seen many rodents expressing evil intent so clearly, and death is but one horror among a great many. Gods know lightning spitting rat is a combination allowing for a few not so easily achieved by more conventional means.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130522 on: February 02, 2018, 01:22:09 am »

While we're at it, we should GMO humans to make Vitamin C. Humans + chimps are some of the only mammals that lost the vitamin-C gene, because we eat so much fruit anyway, genetic drift did away with it. It's still there, but mutated. We can patch that, and turn it back on, using something like CRISPR to spread it. Which would be a massive boon to public health, but also reduce environmental strain: making sure everyone has a diet rich in nutrients is environmentally costly. We should make humans self-sufficient for all nutrients that we could make ourselves.

Yes we should. But not just Vitamin C. If we find the gene for producing it, we could make humans that can produce it. This includes all the other vitamins as well. Then we would only require energy, anything we have not found the gene for and material for making the stuff we need.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130523 on: February 02, 2018, 02:05:27 am »

If we find the gene for producing it, we could make humans that can produce it.
We already know genes responsible for the ability to secrete spider silk.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130524 on: February 02, 2018, 02:41:47 am »

Spider silk:

The problem is not expressing the protein. That was done decades ago.

The problem is that spider silk is also a mechanical process, and there is no substitute for the nano-structures inside the spider's spinneret. These structures apply special pressure on the protein, which locks the units together like a zipper, which is what gives the silk its unique properties.

We are getting better at producing cultured tissue though, so perhaps one day we can have a "sheet" of spider tissue that is just covered in spinnerets, that we can feed a nutrient solution to, and draw silk from, in a continuous process.  However, we are not there yet.

For vitamin C with the citrate cycle:

We would need the supporting metabolic pathway for that too, and depending on how long the human animal has drifted from having that ability, it may be more work than you realize to turn that pathway back on again. (and there might be secondary consequences from doing so too.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:43:33 am by wierd »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130525 on: February 02, 2018, 02:42:49 am »

I was just making a joke. :P

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130526 on: February 02, 2018, 02:46:39 am »

*raspberry*

{fine, plays along}

Spider-Man, Spider-Man,
His silk don't come from a can!
Spins a web, any size,
Rubs a nipple, out it flies!
Look Out!
Here comes the Spider-Man.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:52:07 am by wierd »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130527 on: February 02, 2018, 02:58:07 am »

Heh, I wasn't really going for Spider-Man specifically, but I see how it's the obvious train of thought.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130528 on: February 02, 2018, 03:56:52 am »

As a segue, reading the early Spiderman comics I learnt that Parker doesn't actually create web himself, he uses a super glue material squirted from bottles in his sleeves. Some later iterations of Spiderman apparently has it as a super power which makes more sense to me.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130529 on: February 02, 2018, 04:22:14 am »

I disagree. Shooting web from his hands is dumb. Maybe shot it from his butt if would be okay.

Spider-butt, spider-butt
Does whatever a spider butt does
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8700 8701 [8702] 8703 8704 ... 10974