Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8788 8789 [8790] 8791 8792 ... 9780

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5812054 times)

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131835 on: March 24, 2018, 10:26:14 pm »

Driving down a town road on a fateful Friday night. The air is thick and humid when all of a sudden two deer approach the road. we lock eyes and then they run straight down the road. I made chase and speed up to them. Deer number one turned and hit Deer number 2 knocking them both down with a heavy thud. The deer both got up and glared at me knowing I had ruined their night I proceeded to leave them be and we went our separate ways. WTF

Not sure why exactly you'd speed up to catch up to them?
I mean how many people can say they followed two deer down a highly populated road?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131836 on: March 24, 2018, 10:27:29 pm »

I mean, why wouldn't you
deer do funny things, so I'd want to keep up with them to see what they do. :P

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131837 on: March 24, 2018, 10:28:44 pm »

I mean, why wouldn't you
deer do funny things, so I'd want to keep up with them to see what they do. :P
You my friend have a very deep understanding of life. Deer are magnificent  :-*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #131838 on: March 24, 2018, 10:30:38 pm »

All I can tell thus far is Tir and spin have had a falling out.
Oh no we're all cool o_o Stuff is settled. :P
It's miscommunication + stress :'( and I'm totally sorry for the jumpyjumps.

I will suck all the old people into a hole of nostalgia, with blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the blackjack and the hookers! Ah, screw the whole damn thing.

PRE-EDIT: That was Janet that became Gunner-Chan. I also remember their temporary LSP ban protest.

PRE-EDIT2: Don't recall that RTD. What was it?

I remember that forum game someone made where we were a pair of sentient speedos.

EDIT: Should I make a "Nostalgic going-ons" thread or something so we don't clog up the WTF thread?
lawastooshort on the forum game maybe? :V I do recall he was awesome with humor that way!
Also Girlinhat is still active :P She is busy being awesome with DF code magic and other stuffs.

Dude, you're less than a year forum-older than me, you don't get to call me a newbie. Only people a whole year or older get that honour.

You know, I'm trying to think of who else has vanished without being banned (I knew... magma man... Necro, was it? was banned, since that caused a bit of a ruckus)

Vector, Girlinhat... I feel like there are a lot others I know, but I've forgotten.

I do remember my VERY short lived Sims 3 LP where Vector and MZ's sims kept flirting. Which was unfortunate because IIRC MZ said his wife or GF had issues with him, and apparently accused him of being in a relationship with Vector.

I knew you when you were Fapsquire second-class, so don't give me lip.

I miss Vector. Cool person, on a lot of levels. Don't think we actually interacted, but she had some dynamite explanations in the math thread iirc. Ameripol ate a lot of the folks I liked, due to tempers or strong beliefs. Didn't agree with many of them, but I respect conviction and fire- which isn't usually great for getting along with people in the long run. Miss a bunch of people from the RTD subforum- even TolyK. I miss adwarf's constant new forum games...

Damnit man, now you've got me nostalgic.
Adwarf is still alive on the bay12lb discord :P He's just busy and stuff but he has ideas for games as far as I've heard. Vector is busy being awesome in their life though! Haven't heard from them lately but I really do wish them well.

Also you can kinda PM the folks you miss--that's how I've been keeping 60% track of others lately! :P
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131839 on: March 24, 2018, 10:48:59 pm »

Oh no we're all cool o_o Stuff is settled. :P
It's miscommunication + stress :'( and I'm totally sorry for the jumpyjumps.
(yeah, can confirm, apologies were traded, everything is fine)
(actually, the whole time zone thing was probably for the best, because I feel like I was more angry about it this morning than necessary and by the time we could actually talk I'd settled into a more "yeah it was probably just a miscommunication" mindset)
(so I guess that's a benefit to being 12hrs apart from somebody, haha)
((... yeah, I know I can be a bit short-tempered. But on the other hand, once the initial anger subsides, I forgive things really easily. So it's not all bad, right? :\ ))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:59:33 pm by Maximum Spin »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131840 on: March 25, 2018, 01:49:37 am »

nostalgic.
I remember during the summer of 2014 I was camping when the news of DF's 2014 update was first coming out, and I had nothing with me to play it on aside from my craptop which could barely run it. But it was worth it anyway because I got to experience "It was inevitable" becoming some huge meme which wasn't that funny but we all laughed at it anyway. There are still a handful of crazy people who still think it's funny. not me, nope.

I also remember that around that same time a Wyrm of the Gold persuasion and some other kid both got banned and I thought it was funny as fuck at the time for reasons that I cannot remember.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Abomination
    • View Profile
« Reply #131841 on: March 25, 2018, 01:57:13 am »

It was inevitable.
The path through hell is paved with bad intentions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131842 on: March 25, 2018, 03:58:06 am »

This blockage of the sinuses is really getting on my nerves.
Reckon I might do a line of chili P. to sort it out...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131843 on: March 25, 2018, 06:47:52 am »

You know, while we're on the subject of old goings-on, anyone else remember how I wound up with the "Fapmaster Supreme" nickname?

I remember being so embarrassed about that. It's now one of the things I trot out as my proper "Welcome to the internet" moment.

Scriver remembers. Probably one of the genuinely funniest moments on bay12. Love it forever.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131844 on: March 25, 2018, 07:46:06 am »

Jesus, I came here to post about my nervous cat, didn't bother looking at the thread, and it turns out I just dumped some cat-related stuff in the middle of a small forum drama that I have literally no idea about even though I went through the thread of it.

All I can tell thus far is Tir and spin have had a falling out.

EDIT: Also, just had a look, seems Maximumzero's (spin's name reminded me) not been online for a few months, now.

Does growing older always come with a feeling that everything is slipping beyond what you're used to and you're steadily feeling slightly more uncomfortable because what was once, if not your rock, at least a stable part of your life, turns out to be very unstable? Because it feels like this forum's steadily vanishing into the hole of "Who the fuck ARE you people!? I don't remember you lot! Where the fuck's the guy that always said "MAAAAAAAAAGMAAAAAAAAAAAA!" gone!?"

'Sup, newbie. Yes, that is normal. No, I don't know who the fuck these people are either, or why they won't get off our lawn. They do make entertaining noises if you poke them for long enough with a controversy stick, though.

Dude, you're less than a year forum-older than me, you don't get to call me a newbie. Only people a whole year or older get that honour.

Whatever you say, newbie.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131845 on: March 26, 2018, 01:35:25 am »

*Ahem*
Newbie.

Now to track down this thread I saw linked two days ago and forgot to reply to.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #131846 on: March 26, 2018, 06:33:37 pm »

And here I sit with my measly 5 years  :'(
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #131847 on: March 26, 2018, 06:44:42 pm »

Holy hell it's been six years

Where did six years go?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131848 on: March 26, 2018, 06:49:02 pm »

Have you checked the septic tank?

Tbh bay12 is the only aspect of my life/hobbies that hasnt gone to shit since i joined.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131849 on: March 26, 2018, 06:58:30 pm »

You know, while we're on the subject of old goings-on, anyone else remember how I wound up with the "Fapmaster Supreme" nickname?
Scriver remembers.

Spoiler: Scriver Remembers (click to show/hide)

Also, 7 years a dorf.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:05:45 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 8788 8789 [8790] 8791 8792 ... 9780