Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8754 8755 [8756] 8757 8758 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001811 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131325 on: March 07, 2018, 04:59:56 pm »

By ghoulish I meant the literal raising of a dead individual back to life to do one's bidding. Say, to act in a movie. :3
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131326 on: March 07, 2018, 05:26:32 pm »

Sorry this is long, but it's so relevant I can't resist: https://xkcd.com/1665/

I hadn't been to my hometown's wiki page before today, but I did occasionally browse the subreddit for my previous locale.
The subreddit for my current locale is... interesting and resonant!  A complaint about sports-obsession, someone my age looking for place to move in, and lots of hiking/biking stuff.  And just a lot of really interesting local things.
Sorry for selfquoting, but I did check out my town's Wikipedia page, and it was mostly an interesting discussion of certain issues.  The University which dominates our town, our status in the three-city area (which is an amusingly ambiguous statement in North Carolina), and some civil stuff about race.

Then I noticed that the discussion ended in 2008.  There was one more post in 2009, earnestly replied to in 2011.

That's the WTF.  The page itself has a continuing edit history, with its own intrigue, I just thought that was funny.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #131327 on: March 07, 2018, 07:03:44 pm »

For fun and giggles I had a look at my home town's wiki.
Given my local city is a town in all but name, I suppose I should just be impressed that it has a wikipedia entry. (Well, not really. Its historic role would always ensure it at least a mention.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armagh
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131328 on: March 07, 2018, 07:10:54 pm »

Weather forecast said 1-3 inches at most, maybe a little more further west.

We got a blizzard.

...I was also going to post about a Yugioh strategy I came up with today, but it was a shitty strategy that involves deck-summoning Exodia's pieces, and throwing them an opponent's Sword Hunter(which equips monsters it kills), and then using Giant Trunade to win. The least stupid part of the strategy is making sure you opponent has a Sword Hunter(Creature Swap is good, give them your Sword Hunter).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131329 on: March 07, 2018, 07:27:45 pm »

That could still work, actually.  You just need to believe in the heart of the cards.  Maybe fuse with a demigod.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #131330 on: March 07, 2018, 07:30:18 pm »

But what does Pot of Greed do?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131331 on: March 07, 2018, 07:50:08 pm »

I assume steals (temporarily anyway) some cards from your opponents deck?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131332 on: March 07, 2018, 08:05:44 pm »

Sure, that makes sense!

I'm bewildered about this one neighbor across the way.  They spent much of February on their pickup truck, doing very loud repairs and shining floodlights in my window at odd hours.  That's fine, seriously.  I was largely raised with a pile of bicycles, later mopeds, in various states of repair all up in our lawn.  HOAs can get rekt.

But just now the vehicle in question...  Beeped like a reversing garbage truck?  And then drove off!
I can only hope that they have restored the vehicle, and the piercing tone I heard was a one-off of unoiled joints on a maiden voyage.
She/they

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #131333 on: March 07, 2018, 08:15:16 pm »

I think it let's you draw more cards from your deck
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131334 on: March 07, 2018, 08:34:31 pm »

I think it let's you draw more cards from your deck

"Draw 2 cards."
That's literally the text of the card.

Also the strategy wouldn't exactly work, since zerg-rushing Sword Hunter with Exodia+limbs would hit you with over 10k damage, and I just learned that you can't use Waboku to block that since at some point they changed it so that not only does it stop damage, it stops your monsters from dying in battle as well(Sword Hunter needs to kill them for it to work).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131335 on: March 07, 2018, 08:42:52 pm »

A thought though, what would be the point of giving your opponent the ability to instakill you (AFAIK, Exodia stuff are top tier legendary artifact type cards, at least from what I've seen of the cartoon or something)? Unless maybe you had the ability to switch that Sword Hunter back to your side before the opponent had a chance to act on it.

Course, I know nothing about Yugioh CCG, so, I'm just being confused.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131336 on: March 07, 2018, 09:17:29 pm »

I just realized that A.  the first Spongebob movie is a retelling of the Odyssey, with the cyclops guard, a return to a taken over home, and intervention from god-like entities, and of course, the bag of winds that leaves the characters with it, exactly where they started... and B. The squeaky boots episode is literally just the tell tale heart, and the magic conch shell is a reference to Lord of the flies.... YouTube comments man

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131337 on: March 07, 2018, 10:02:35 pm »

A thought though, what would be the point of giving your opponent the ability to instakill you (AFAIK, Exodia stuff are top tier legendary artifact type cards, at least from what I've seen of the cartoon or something)? Unless maybe you had the ability to switch that Sword Hunter back to your side before the opponent had a chance to act on it.

Course, I know nothing about Yugioh CCG, so, I'm just being confused.

The trick is to play Giant Trunade, which sends all Spell cards on the field back to their owners' hands - the Exodia cards are equipped to Sword Hunter(who is opponent controlled, and I'm pretty sure the Exodia cards occupy their spell card zones), but you own them, so they're sent back to your hand.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #131338 on: March 07, 2018, 10:21:45 pm »

http://www.paletteswapninja.com/music/

This stuff is really quite good. (Mostly because it is hilarious)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:25:51 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131339 on: March 08, 2018, 12:25:38 am »

Efit; wrong button
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8754 8755 [8756] 8757 8758 ... 10974