Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8799 8800 [8801] 8802 8803 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001327 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132000 on: March 24, 2018, 11:17:03 am »

A BLOODY CARGO POD LANDED ON MY MUFFALO   

Was it bloody before landing?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #132001 on: March 24, 2018, 11:18:12 am »

Yes, but only for the very last moment.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132002 on: March 24, 2018, 11:23:13 am »

Funnily enough it was full of yorkie skin. Like, a bulk amount.
I'm trying to imagine some interplanetary boutique handbag/accessories store selling only goods made from flayed puppers.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132003 on: March 24, 2018, 11:27:15 am »

If they exist, it'd make sense they'd have their cargo pods aim for the fluffiest thing in their landing zone just on general principles.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132004 on: March 24, 2018, 11:28:44 am »

DoS2 is comparable in quality to Neverwinter Nights 2. It is (nearly) flawless.

Oh god, someone else loves NWN2! I thought I was the only one!

Waaaat it's like the definitive game of the genre! Anyway Divinity 2 is top-notch is the point.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132005 on: March 24, 2018, 11:33:49 am »

Pretty sure much of NWN2 got panned fairly hard, actually, though I forget the details. It did alright but there was a hefty bucket of criticism dumped on it. First one was better received, iirc. Something along those lines, anyway.

D:OS 2 is indeed pretty damn great, though, from what I've seen. It might not be as good as everyone says it is 'cause gods know hype can get crazy, but it's definitely one of the better entries for its design niche, past or present.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132006 on: March 24, 2018, 11:35:35 am »

Waaaat it's like the definitive game of the genre! Anyway Divinity 2 is top-notch is the point.

I wouldn't say it's the definitive game myself and the OC in particular has more than a few issues, but I'm terribly fond of it regardless due to it being my entry point into cRPGs as a genre, plus Mask of the Betrayer has some incredibly good stuff in it to compensate.

In unrelated news, have an indictment detailing some stupendous amusement park villainy. It's over forty pages long but a heck of a ride throughout.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132007 on: March 24, 2018, 01:23:14 pm »

In unrelated news, have an indictment detailing some stupendous amusement park villainy. It's over forty pages long but a heck of a ride throughout.

Jesus Christ, that's horrifying.

You would think there would be some government or third party inspections for amusement park rides, if anything.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #132008 on: March 24, 2018, 01:35:35 pm »

Ah yes, Schlillterbahn and the super slide that decapitated some politician's kid
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132009 on: March 24, 2018, 02:13:27 pm »

Actually, there IS, but they actively avoided it and apparently there was a cover-up on previous incidents.

That's horrifying indeed.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132010 on: March 24, 2018, 02:20:32 pm »

It also kind of begs the question of 'if it wasn't a politicians kid, would they still be in trouble?' Obviously the answer would be yes since a death would prompt an investigation regardless, but they were able to escape scruitiny for years.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132011 on: March 24, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »

There were serious injuries like partial blindness, even.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132012 on: March 24, 2018, 02:28:06 pm »

And the document said that injuries started being reported almost immediately. I can see an investigation also happening that looks into how they managed to avoid scruitiny since that's a pretty big crack to fall through.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132013 on: March 24, 2018, 04:14:30 pm »

Funnily enough it was full of yorkie skin. Like, a bulk amount.
I'm trying to imagine some interplanetary boutique handbag/accessories store selling only goods made from flayed puppers.   
Hah, I've been playing Rimworld too the past few days. Getting myself hyped up for the 1.0 release.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132014 on: March 24, 2018, 04:48:11 pm »

M: "We want to follow this industry standard specification when developing our products".
E: "Ok, the standard says we need to do X, Y, Z."
M: "Ugh, that's a lot of work.  Can we pick and choose the parts we want?"
E:  :o

Seriously - why is this a debate? I can see having debates about "do we really want to do it then, given our resources, etc." but saying "We want to say we follow it but we don't want to actually follow it..." ugh.
Dont get me started on that.  I used to be an industrial draftsman. There is a widely published and very useful standard created by the ASME. It clearly specifies how to define datum structures, make dimensional callouts on the sheet, and how to properly project the views, amongst other things. It is very handy, and works great--- when people fucking follow it.

Oh good. I was having a small inner crisis at work today wondering if it's just the store I work where people are entirely incapable of performing the specific steps their jobs require - including using standards that are supposed to be on printouts at each and every person's station - or if it's just universal. I guess it's just universal. Not that I'm trying to compare min-wage thrift store processing to engineering design.

Is it also universal that people go out of their way to be complete assholes to everyone else? Because that's also becoming more and more of a problem at my job.

Also, wierd, just curious but when you say "plane", do you mean a mathematical plane or one that flies? I'm having slight difficulty wrapping my head around it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 8799 8800 [8801] 8802 8803 ... 10974