Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8840 8841 [8842] 8843 8844 ... 9857

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5975702 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132615 on: April 18, 2018, 06:10:24 pm »

Somebody made Pokemon Red in minecraft.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #132616 on: April 18, 2018, 07:40:34 pm »

The positive side of this is that I've been able to turn it off and on ever since! So whenever I need to look reeeally intelligent and stable, I can just flip on Ol' Twitchy to complete the effect.

Flawless disguise
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132617 on: April 18, 2018, 07:47:17 pm »

How am I the last one to know about Pokemon Red in minecraft everyone already knows about this.

I'm all WTF'd out man.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132618 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:29 pm »

Also not something that can be easily or accurately self-diagnosed. Talk to a pro, let them make an evaluation. It's hilariously easy to find mental conditions that "match exactly" what you're going through, only to find out that those words in the article mean something completely different to a trained professional.

And even on the off-chance that is what you're going through, that's definitely not a diagnosis that's going to get better by itself. It helps to get help.

Yes. I know. Unfortunately, last time I tried to talk to a doctor I immediately went into people pleaser mode and just said the meds were great even though there have been side effects and I'm not taking them properly. And my wife is just stressing me out. Anytime I bring it up its go to a doctor and I shut down emotionally and just agree even though I don't want to go. I just fucking don't. And I think I don't want to because I'm afraid and suppressing it. I don't know.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132619 on: April 18, 2018, 07:53:27 pm »

How am I the last one to know about Pokemon Red in minecraft everyone already knows about this.

I'm all WTF'd out man.

I didn't know, but I'm not surprised.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132620 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:37 pm »

I'm all WTF'd out man.

I'm going to name my Jolteon after you, SMJ.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132621 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:25 pm »

Also not something that can be easily or accurately self-diagnosed. Talk to a pro, let them make an evaluation. It's hilariously easy to find mental conditions that "match exactly" what you're going through, only to find out that those words in the article mean something completely different to a trained professional.

And even on the off-chance that is what you're going through, that's definitely not a diagnosis that's going to get better by itself. It helps to get help.

Yes. I know. Unfortunately, last time I tried to talk to a doctor I immediately went into people pleaser mode and just said the meds were great even though there have been side effects and I'm not taking them properly. And my wife is just stressing me out. Anytime I bring it up its go to a doctor and I shut down emotionally and just agree even though I don't want to go. I just fucking don't. And I think I don't want to because I'm afraid and suppressing it. I don't know.

If you're comfortable with the idea of consulting a doctor, write everything out ahead of time and hand it to them when you get there. This could bypass your people-pleaser instinct.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132622 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:40 pm »

I'm all WTF'd out man.

I'm going to name my Jolteon after you, SMJ.

lol.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132623 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »

I actually know exactly what you mean. I went to a doctor about potential BLPD and it took me about five minutes to say “what’s with all the questions?”
Trust issues are a potential symptom, but in my case it turns out i’m just a skeptical, emotionally stunted dude.
Can’t hurt to just go in, say what happened recently and try to answer the questions as they come.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132624 on: April 18, 2018, 10:42:16 pm »

Depending on where you are, a doctor’s visit is cocking expensive. Being told something is wrong is even more expensive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #132625 on: April 18, 2018, 11:14:34 pm »

Funny thing, I asked my therapist on time why she reckoned people don't like going to the doctor when it won't make a difference, and in fact can only help, and the answer she gave me was pretty much "People don't like knowing something's wrong. Once they know it, they can't ignore it any more"

'Can only help'

Oh, my sides, they be splitting. Remind me to tell you sometime about the foot infection my sister's mother in law got, and the doctors put a cast on it and told her everything was fine it until the damn thing practically rotted off. I'd rather be treated by a vet than a doctor any day of the week.

Not all docs are soulless idiots who prescribe shit you don't need for conditions you don't have because it might line their pockets, but they exist.

If you need to go, you need to go, but 'can only help' is a fairy tale.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132626 on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:05 pm »

Also 'Once they know it, they can't ignore it' is another point i'd love to push back against.
I'm constantly aware of many plights which I can and should fix, and I no longer even feel like a piece of shit for not fixing them- I just don't.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132627 on: April 19, 2018, 03:04:31 am »

I'm all WTF'd out man.

At this point, I would've expected that someone had built a computer in Minecraft that played Pokémon Red.

Pokémon Redstone, to be exact.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132628 on: April 19, 2018, 04:09:43 am »

I don't want to link to it, but I just saw a song titled "Quack like a Duck by G.O.A.T. and your M.O.M." which I'm pretty sure wins the WTF thread. You can find it yourself but Warning: Hillybilly Jesus Christ and his flapping speedo'd dong is present throughout entirety of video.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #132629 on: April 19, 2018, 05:18:00 am »

Thats where they first center too!!!  It's like an angry little bird!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!
Pages: 1 ... 8840 8841 [8842] 8843 8844 ... 9857