Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8801 8802 [8803] 8804 8805 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995829 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132030 on: March 24, 2018, 09:30:52 pm »

Mostly the quoting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132031 on: March 24, 2018, 09:58:16 pm »

A lot of old users have left or been banned. MAGMAMAAAAAAAAAN was banned after saying a joke that went something along the lines of "You're either a very lucky 13 year old or a very lucky child molester, I wish you luck either way."
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #132032 on: March 24, 2018, 10:01:26 pm »

Jesus, I came here to post about my nervous cat, didn't bother looking at the thread, and it turns out I just dumped some cat-related stuff in the middle of a small forum drama that I have literally no idea about even though I went through the thread of it.

All I can tell thus far is Tir and spin have had a falling out.

EDIT: Also, just had a look, seems Maximumzero's (spin's name reminded me) not been online for a few months, now.

Does growing older always come with a feeling that everything is slipping beyond what you're used to and you're steadily feeling slightly more uncomfortable because what was once, if not your rock, at least a stable part of your life, turns out to be very unstable? Because it feels like this forum's steadily vanishing into the hole of "Who the fuck ARE you people!? I don't remember you lot! Where the fuck's the guy that always said "MAAAAAAAAAGMAAAAAAAAAAAA!" gone!?"

'Sup, newbie. Yes, that is normal. No, I don't know who the fuck these people are either, or why they won't get off our lawn. They do make entertaining noises if you poke them for long enough with a controversy stick, though.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132033 on: March 24, 2018, 10:12:53 pm »

Does growing older always come with a feeling that everything is slipping beyond what you're used to and you're steadily feeling slightly more uncomfortable because what was once, if not your rock, at least a stable part of your life, turns out to be very unstable? Because it feels like this forum's steadily vanishing into the hole of "Who the fuck ARE you people!? I don't remember you lot! Where the fuck's the guy that always said "MAAAAAAAAAGMAAAAAAAAAAAA!" gone!?"
I can't remember the last time I've really felt as though something was a "stable part of my life".
Not that my life changes frequently or is particularly unstable or anything, just... I rarely ever seem to get to the point where things/people matter a great deal to me, or vice versa. Man, this is some Sad thread-level shit, I don't know why I'm posting it.

Bit of a WTF: my sinuses are incredibly blocked thanks to this cold, primarily on the right side. My right ear is my good ear. Damnit.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #132034 on: March 24, 2018, 10:13:27 pm »

Dude, you're less than a year forum-older than me, you don't get to call me a newbie. Only people a whole year or older get that honour.

You know, I'm trying to think of who else has vanished without being banned (I knew... magma man... Necro, was it? was banned, since that caused a bit of a ruckus)

Vector, Girlinhat... I feel like there are a lot others I know, but I've forgotten.

I do remember my VERY short lived Sims 3 LP where Vector and MZ's sims kept flirting. Which was unfortunate because IIRC MZ said his wife or GF had issues with him, and apparently accused him of being in a relationship with Vector.

I knew you when you were Fapsquire second-class, so don't give me lip.

I miss Vector. Cool person, on a lot of levels. Don't think we actually interacted, but she had some dynamite explanations in the math thread iirc. Ameripol ate a lot of the folks I liked, due to tempers or strong beliefs. Didn't agree with many of them, but I respect conviction and fire- which isn't usually great for getting along with people in the long run. Miss a bunch of people from the RTD subforum- even TolyK. I miss adwarf's constant new forum games...

Damnit man, now you've got me nostalgic.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132035 on: March 24, 2018, 10:15:08 pm »

You know, while we're on the subject of old goings-on, anyone else remember how I wound up with the "Fapmaster Supreme" nickname?

I remember being so embarrassed about that. It's now one of the things I trot out as my proper "Welcome to the internet" moment.

No I don't. Though I was on hiatus from here for a while, so, it may have been then.

As for vector, didn't they change their name to gunner-chan?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132036 on: March 24, 2018, 10:17:36 pm »

Of course I remember the fapping incident. You inspired my greatest RTD, remember?

Edit: ...And got me my first warning. :))   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:23:44 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132037 on: March 24, 2018, 10:18:42 pm »

As for vector, didn't they change their name to gunner-chan?

Nope, that was Janet.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132038 on: March 24, 2018, 10:19:33 pm »

Driving down a town road on a fateful Friday night. The air is thick and humid when all of a sudden two deer approach the road. we lock eyes and then they run straight down the road. I made chase and speed up to them. Deer number one turned and hit Deer number 2 knocking them both down with a heavy thud. The deer both got up and glared at me knowing I had ruined their night I proceeded to leave them be and we went our separate ways. WTF

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132039 on: March 24, 2018, 10:24:56 pm »

Driving down a town road on a fateful Friday night. The air is thick and humid when all of a sudden two deer approach the road. we lock eyes and then they run straight down the road. I made chase and speed up to them. Deer number one turned and hit Deer number 2 knocking them both down with a heavy thud. The deer both got up and glared at me knowing I had ruined their night I proceeded to leave them be and we went our separate ways. WTF

Not sure why exactly you'd speed up to catch up to them?

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132040 on: March 24, 2018, 10:26:14 pm »

I mean how many people can say they followed two deer down a highly populated road?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132041 on: March 24, 2018, 10:27:29 pm »

I mean, why wouldn't you
deer do funny things, so I'd want to keep up with them to see what they do. :P

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132042 on: March 24, 2018, 10:28:44 pm »

I mean, why wouldn't you
deer do funny things, so I'd want to keep up with them to see what they do. :P
You my friend have a very deep understanding of life. Deer are magnificent  :-*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #132043 on: March 24, 2018, 10:30:38 pm »

All I can tell thus far is Tir and spin have had a falling out.
Oh no we're all cool o_o Stuff is settled. :P
It's miscommunication + stress :'( and I'm totally sorry for the jumpyjumps.

I will suck all the old people into a hole of nostalgia, with blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the blackjack and the hookers! Ah, screw the whole damn thing.

PRE-EDIT: That was Janet that became Gunner-Chan. I also remember their temporary LSP ban protest.

PRE-EDIT2: Don't recall that RTD. What was it?

I remember that forum game someone made where we were a pair of sentient speedos.

EDIT: Should I make a "Nostalgic going-ons" thread or something so we don't clog up the WTF thread?
lawastooshort on the forum game maybe? :V I do recall he was awesome with humor that way!
Also Girlinhat is still active :P She is busy being awesome with DF code magic and other stuffs.

Dude, you're less than a year forum-older than me, you don't get to call me a newbie. Only people a whole year or older get that honour.

You know, I'm trying to think of who else has vanished without being banned (I knew... magma man... Necro, was it? was banned, since that caused a bit of a ruckus)

Vector, Girlinhat... I feel like there are a lot others I know, but I've forgotten.

I do remember my VERY short lived Sims 3 LP where Vector and MZ's sims kept flirting. Which was unfortunate because IIRC MZ said his wife or GF had issues with him, and apparently accused him of being in a relationship with Vector.

I knew you when you were Fapsquire second-class, so don't give me lip.

I miss Vector. Cool person, on a lot of levels. Don't think we actually interacted, but she had some dynamite explanations in the math thread iirc. Ameripol ate a lot of the folks I liked, due to tempers or strong beliefs. Didn't agree with many of them, but I respect conviction and fire- which isn't usually great for getting along with people in the long run. Miss a bunch of people from the RTD subforum- even TolyK. I miss adwarf's constant new forum games...

Damnit man, now you've got me nostalgic.
Adwarf is still alive on the bay12lb discord :P He's just busy and stuff but he has ideas for games as far as I've heard. Vector is busy being awesome in their life though! Haven't heard from them lately but I really do wish them well.

Also you can kinda PM the folks you miss--that's how I've been keeping 60% track of others lately! :P

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132044 on: March 24, 2018, 10:48:59 pm »

Oh no we're all cool o_o Stuff is settled. :P
It's miscommunication + stress :'( and I'm totally sorry for the jumpyjumps.
(yeah, can confirm, apologies were traded, everything is fine)
(actually, the whole time zone thing was probably for the best, because I feel like I was more angry about it this morning than necessary and by the time we could actually talk I'd settled into a more "yeah it was probably just a miscommunication" mindset)
(so I guess that's a benefit to being 12hrs apart from somebody, haha)
((... yeah, I know I can be a bit short-tempered. But on the other hand, once the initial anger subsides, I forgive things really easily. So it's not all bad, right? :\ ))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:59:33 pm by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 8801 8802 [8803] 8804 8805 ... 10973