Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8805 8806 [8807] 8808 8809 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998033 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132090 on: March 27, 2018, 05:02:25 pm »

Someone has been putting graffiti in the men's room at work, attacking in particular one of our workers who is a post-op trans(and liberals, but mostly trans people). They've done it before, and it's definitely the same person since the handwriting is exactly the same. The messages they're writing have been getting more and more extreme though as is the number of tags being written at a time. It's pretty worrying.

There's some possibility that it may be an employee doing this, but there's no evidence to that yet.

Ok, today someone spontaneously decided to tell me lots of stuff -in Polish-. Add this to my previous cases of Italian/French/Greek/German mistaken identity   I think this pretty much makes it official that I'm nondescript foreign, not otherwise specified.
Embrace your genericness. Become the perfect secret agent. Able to go anywhere without suspicion or disguise.

-Checks "Other" under ethnicity
-Writes "Other" on descriptive line

For some reason I read that as "Otter". Both times.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132091 on: March 27, 2018, 05:06:26 pm »

We redwall now, I guess.

At least the otters were generally pretty badass. Not the space marine badgers, but up there.

e: why do I remember those even exist
it's been well over a decade, nearly two, since I read a redwall book
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:09:32 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132092 on: March 27, 2018, 05:57:58 pm »

The Redwall books were the shit when I was a kid, though I remember they got somewhat formulaic after a while.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132093 on: March 27, 2018, 06:02:09 pm »

Did someone say Deltora quest?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132094 on: March 27, 2018, 06:30:51 pm »

The Redwall books were the shit when I was a kid, though I remember they got somewhat formulaic after a while.

They got formulaic about three books in.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #132095 on: March 27, 2018, 06:45:57 pm »

Did someone say Deltora quest?

That was some good shit.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #132096 on: March 27, 2018, 08:06:28 pm »

I read the first one and the sequel, and tried to read the first-in-chronological-order book after that, but quickly got confused and discovered afterward that my middle school library didn't have the third book in publication order.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132097 on: March 27, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »

Ah, Deltora Quest: The australian series that still inexplicably has an anime adaptation.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #132098 on: March 27, 2018, 08:46:56 pm »

Ah, Deltora Quest: The australian series that still inexplicably has an anime adaptation.

Wait, wasn't that the book where the kids gave a chemistry book to a bunch of chakram throwing alien elephants and thus inadvertently gave the bad guys the knowledge to create guns which they then used to shoot gods? And Arthur got a blood transfusion from a random girl in a very unsafe manner while Merlin watched?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132099 on: March 27, 2018, 08:55:03 pm »

No clue, but there's apparently a NDS game for it, too?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132100 on: March 27, 2018, 09:01:31 pm »

Deltora Quest is the series where three people are going around looking for gems that fit into a belt, isn't it? There was a second series with a similar premise but it's been ages since I read them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #132101 on: March 27, 2018, 09:02:34 pm »

Wait, wasn't that the book where the kids gave a chemistry book to a bunch of chakram throwing alien elephants and thus inadvertently gave the bad guys the knowledge to create guns which they then used to shoot gods? And Arthur got a blood transfusion from a random girl in a very unsafe manner while Merlin watched?

No? It's about a belt.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132102 on: March 27, 2018, 09:21:53 pm »

That's just making me think of "A Road Less Travelled By" or something like that. Turns out FTL travel is easy and we just missed the thing, the problem is it breaks reality to such a degree it can't be rationalised by any scientific method, so science tends to grind to a halt after it's discovered. Except on Earth. We never discovered it, so our science never ground to a halt. Some aliens come along, realise we don't have FTL travel, think "Oh boy, this'll be easy!" and invade. With muskets. They promptly get wrecked by our ballistic missiles and such, and we nab some of their ships to work out how they go FTL.

A neat idea, but it isn't Turtledove's best work.

On a different subject, I watched the new Roseanne earlier. Was far better than I was afraid it would be.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132103 on: March 27, 2018, 09:30:35 pm »

That's just making me think of "A Road Less Travelled By" or something like that. Turns out FTL travel is easy and we just missed the thing, the problem is it breaks reality to such a degree it can't be rationalised by any scientific method, so science tends to grind to a halt after it's discovered. Except on Earth. We never discovered it, so our science never ground to a halt. Some aliens come along, realise we don't have FTL travel, think "Oh boy, this'll be easy!" and invade. With muskets. They promptly get wrecked by our ballistic missiles and such, and we nab some of their ships to work out how they go FTL.

Is that the one where one of the member species only talks in ultrasonic and thus outside the range of everybody elses hearing and everybody else needs special translation for that species?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132104 on: March 27, 2018, 09:34:40 pm »

No? It's about a belt.
That name reminds me of some random books I found one day when I was looking for something nostalgic one day.

That was such a hazy memory, I'm not sure it's even real.
I bizarrely feel that way about animated shorts.

I do know the cat came back and 1300ccs is real, though. Both also very funny, and quite morbid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8805 8806 [8807] 8808 8809 ... 10973