Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8806 8807 [8808] 8809 8810 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996757 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132105 on: March 27, 2018, 10:18:58 pm »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132106 on: March 27, 2018, 10:26:19 pm »

When you find your ten year old main character in deadly battle with, and I quote, "acornholio", it's time to re-bury memories of bevis and butthead and stop playing for the night.

Popolocrois is the name of the game. This not long after I've murdered chipmunks squirrels brown mice for their nuts. What the hell are you doing, game.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132107 on: March 27, 2018, 10:28:30 pm »

I bizarrely feel that way about animated shorts.
And the old meme videos from places like Weebls Stuff. It exists in a sort of delusional haze.

Did I hear Weebl's Stuff?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132108 on: March 27, 2018, 11:45:25 pm »

Popolocrois is the name of the game. This not long after I've murdered chipmunks squirrels brown mice for their nuts. What the hell are you doing, game.
Oh man, I loved that game!
'Twas so long ago that I can barely remember it, but from what I recall it was a timeless mix of action, fantasy and a sort of storybook quality. Unfortunately, tragically, I never got to finish it, thanks to a freak accident: I was sitting in the passenger's seat of my mother's car, parked in this small town whilst she was in a cafe buying coffee.
I had just either finished a section of the game or given up on it in frustration, and was switching games. I was playing on PSP, and had just put the other game in and left Popolocrois's UMD (I think that's what they were called, it's been a while) on the dash for a moment when my mother opened the door and impatiently handed me the coffee.
As she circled the car to get in on the other side so we could continue our journey, I took a sip. That one, fateful sip. Those maniacs in that Landsborough cafe had a habit of making ridiculously hot coffee, but this was a whole new level even for them. That coffee was fucking boiling.
Having taken a decent spwig (somewhere between a sip and a swig), I naturally expelled it as quickly as possible before it could do permanent damage and burn out every nerve-ending and tastebud in my mouth, leaving me to live out my days in bland tastelessness - expelled it all over the dash. I wasn't so worried about the game's case, cover and instruction book being soaked with coffee, but the disc had been sitting there too, with the readable side facing up, no less.

Long story short, I tried various methods of cleaning the coffee out from inside that weird UMD case, but nothing worked. Not sure if I googled how to open A UMD case or not - I probably lacked the tools and know-how. Pretty sure I bent the case irreparably out of shape with my frantic attempts to squeeze a tissue around in there to dry the disc.

This was before I had Bay12 to vent to about such distressing occurrences, too, so I guess it must have just eaten away at me inside for quite some time, whenever I went to grab my PSP or tried to decide on a game to play.
Maybe someday I should emulate it, but it's just not the same.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132109 on: March 27, 2018, 11:51:09 pm »

Do you still have the UMD?

You can get replacement empty cases. :P  They can be popped apart, and the optical disc part can be cleaned and transplanted.

*Still has his PHAT PSP. Still works. Good stuff on vacation.
(Custom firmware, and a really huge SD card (Yes, I know it uses memorystick duo. There are adapters. I have a 256gb microSDcard inside an adapter. GOOD TIMES) with all my PSX collection and retrogames on it. Much fun to be had on roadtrips. Before somebody complains about piracy, look bros-- When I own the physical discs/cartridges, I fail to see how it is piracy. These are format shifted.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:06:32 am by wierd »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132110 on: March 28, 2018, 12:10:49 am »

[tragic snip]
If you do decide to go the emulation route, I recommend PPSSPP. It's been great for me so far.
Black lives matter.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132111 on: March 28, 2018, 01:02:24 am »

Auto-complete on my local bus planner thinks I want to go to California. I didn't realize they were running an amphibious bus service. Selecting it tells me that no bus services are currently running & a route map with 2 markers floating in empty space.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132112 on: March 28, 2018, 01:06:02 am »

Do you still have the UMD?
-helpfulsnip-
I do still have the UMD, somewhere in storage - however I no longer have a PSP. I will file this info away for possible future use nonetheless, though! Thanks.

I figured there would probably be replacement shells available somewhere, even if the format never really took off.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #132113 on: March 28, 2018, 05:19:54 am »

Wow, now we have an Asian spambot. Anyone can identify the language?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132114 on: March 28, 2018, 05:51:39 am »

Totally Korean bro.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #132115 on: March 28, 2018, 06:29:40 am »

Yep, Korean.

Seems like it's one of those betting sites, but the thing failed to post a link when replied.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132116 on: March 28, 2018, 06:32:50 am »

Link's in the thread title, tho'? Formatted to get around some of the more common address filters, even.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #132117 on: March 28, 2018, 07:37:18 am »

I was referring to how some of these wait for someone to reply, and, whatever the person replies, they reply with something like "yeah, it's awesome, come to www.totallyawesome.com.net.nz.fm.unreliable.gov play with us!".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132118 on: March 28, 2018, 07:47:14 am »

I clicked on that link
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #132119 on: March 28, 2018, 07:47:52 am »

It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 8806 8807 [8808] 8809 8810 ... 10973