Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8819 8820 [8821] 8822 8823 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182749 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132300 on: April 04, 2018, 07:13:09 pm »

My microsoft edge seems to have some sort of corruption issue. I knew it was wonky with pdfs, but this is the first time I used it normally and I got this:
Pretty creepy. Any idea how to fix?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:50:42 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #132301 on: April 04, 2018, 07:19:08 pm »

It appears that your web browser is now simulating a new universe, displayed in ASCII. It's void right now, but wait a few weeks and those dots should be replaced with more complex terrain, and there'll be some dwarfs running about.

That or your edge decided to go for the vaporwave A E S T H E T I C.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:20:50 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132302 on: April 04, 2018, 07:20:50 pm »

Obviously you should stake your hard drive.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132303 on: April 04, 2018, 07:36:50 pm »

Ah yes, this is a common issue. To fix Microsoft Edge, it is recommended that you delete it, download a new browser, and never touch it ever again.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132304 on: April 04, 2018, 07:43:36 pm »

Kidding aside, it might be a lack of memory.  Firefox quirks up for me in similarly strange ways, when it tries too hard to juggle my many tabs.

I still recommend using an open-source web browser in this day and age, but that's unrelated.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132305 on: April 04, 2018, 09:09:12 pm »

Obviously you’re too good at solving these brain teasers and riddles, so your browser decided to make things a bit more challenging for you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132306 on: April 04, 2018, 10:07:15 pm »

Truly the height of fashion design is to simply crib an idea in its entirety from some designer in the distant past and be lauded for your creativity.

I just saw a guy walk into the airport wearing that jumper and had to google it.

Also is WWI~WWII really the distant past now? I know it's not very recent but distant past brings up images of Rome/Greece and the like to my mind.

My own WTF: Gmail's spam filter started to catch emails from Youtube after I apparently deleted one too many. Youtube. A company owned by Google. Which also operates Gmail. You think that Gmail would be a little smarter to pick out email messages from the company that owns it but apparently not.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132307 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:38 pm »

that looks like it is jpeg->DIB conversion issue of some kind. The regions with the snow are areas that jpeg would normally quantize heavily, due to the high uniformity of the area. Looks like a decoding issue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132308 on: April 04, 2018, 10:44:50 pm »

@USEC: interesting! I only read that one very brief article, which didn't have much in the way of actual information.
Also, oops, I kind of skimmed it and thought it said eighteenth/nineteenth century or somewhere thereabouts, not twentieth... that detail does change things a bit, although it still seems like a pretty wild idea for the WW2 era nonetheless.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132309 on: April 04, 2018, 11:28:13 pm »

Woah, that’s one of the few “communists of means” I know.
Not sure about modern fascism though, and how that’s meant to work.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #132310 on: April 04, 2018, 11:46:39 pm »

Quote from: The Times journalist Ben Macintyre on the Mitford Sisters
"and Pamela the unobtrusive poultry connoisseur."
and Pamela lived quietly in the country in a not-very-well-hidden lesbian relationship.

she ate chicks

Also is WWI~WWII really the distant past now? I know it's not very recent but distant past brings up images of Rome/Greece and the like to my mind.

I read it as "13th century Duke of Windsor" at first, instead of "13th Duke of Windsor".
Love, scriver~

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132311 on: April 05, 2018, 08:06:36 am »

@USEC: interesting! I only read that one very brief article, which didn't have much in the way of actual information.

Yeah. I did a bit of research on the Mitford sisters before and so was kinda annoyed at the lack of context and information in the article. They had some pretty interesting lives and were surprisingly involved with the politics of WWII. I thought that someone else might want to know about them too.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132312 on: April 05, 2018, 08:15:51 am »

I think its generally true of the '1%' in general that their lives are well-kept from, public eye.  Usually.

*shrug*
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132313 on: April 05, 2018, 01:01:14 pm »

CK2 is free for a limited time. Quite interesting. Last time they did this it was EU3.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132314 on: April 05, 2018, 01:26:55 pm »

Thanks for the heads up!
Is it any good barebones with no DLC?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 8819 8820 [8821] 8822 8823 ... 10983