Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8853 8854 [8855] 8856 8857 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12951082 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132810 on: April 18, 2018, 07:53:27 pm »

How am I the last one to know about Pokemon Red in minecraft everyone already knows about this.

I'm all WTF'd out man.

I didn't know, but I'm not surprised.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132811 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:37 pm »

How am I the last one to know about Pokemon Red in minecraft everyone already knows about this.

I'm all WTF'd out man.

I'm going to name my Jolteon after you, SMJ.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132812 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:25 pm »

Also not something that can be easily or accurately self-diagnosed. Talk to a pro, let them make an evaluation. It's hilariously easy to find mental conditions that "match exactly" what you're going through, only to find out that those words in the article mean something completely different to a trained professional.

And even on the off-chance that is what you're going through, that's definitely not a diagnosis that's going to get better by itself. It helps to get help.

Yes. I know. Unfortunately, last time I tried to talk to a doctor I immediately went into people pleaser mode and just said the meds were great even though there have been side effects and I'm not taking them properly. And my wife is just stressing me out. Anytime I bring it up its go to a doctor and I shut down emotionally and just agree even though I don't want to go. I just fucking don't. And I think I don't want to because I'm afraid and suppressing it. I don't know.

If you're comfortable with the idea of consulting a doctor, write everything out ahead of time and hand it to them when you get there. This could bypass your people-pleaser instinct.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132813 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:40 pm »

I'm all WTF'd out man.

I'm going to name my Jolteon after you, SMJ.

lol.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132814 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »

Yes. I know. Unfortunately, last time I tried to talk to a doctor I immediately went into people pleaser mode and just said the meds were great even though there have been side effects and I'm not taking them properly. And my wife is just stressing me out. Anytime I bring it up its go to a doctor and I shut down emotionally and just agree even though I don't want to go. I just fucking don't. And I think I don't want to because I'm afraid and suppressing it. I don't know.
I actually know exactly what you mean. I went to a doctor about potential BLPD and it took me about five minutes to say “what’s with all the questions?”
Trust issues are a potential symptom, but in my case it turns out i’m just a skeptical, emotionally stunted dude.
Can’t hurt to just go in, say what happened recently and try to answer the questions as they come.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132815 on: April 18, 2018, 10:42:16 pm »

Depending on where you are, a doctor’s visit is cocking expensive. Being told something is wrong is even more expensive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #132816 on: April 18, 2018, 11:14:34 pm »

Funny thing, I asked my therapist on time why she reckoned people don't like going to the doctor when it won't make a difference, and in fact can only help, and the answer she gave me was pretty much "People don't like knowing something's wrong. Once they know it, they can't ignore it any more"

'Can only help'

Oh, my sides, they be splitting. Remind me to tell you sometime about the foot infection my sister's mother in law got, and the doctors put a cast on it and told her everything was fine it until the damn thing practically rotted off. I'd rather be treated by a vet than a doctor any day of the week.

Not all docs are soulless idiots who prescribe shit you don't need for conditions you don't have because it might line their pockets, but they exist.

If you need to go, you need to go, but 'can only help' is a fairy tale.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132817 on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:05 pm »

Also 'Once they know it, they can't ignore it' is another point i'd love to push back against.
I'm constantly aware of many plights which I can and should fix, and I no longer even feel like a piece of shit for not fixing them- I just don't.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132818 on: April 19, 2018, 03:04:31 am »

I'm all WTF'd out man.

At this point, I would've expected that someone had built a computer in Minecraft that played Pokémon Red.

Pokémon Redstone, to be exact.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132819 on: April 19, 2018, 04:09:43 am »

I don't want to link to it, but I just saw a song titled "Quack like a Duck by G.O.A.T. and your M.O.M." which I'm pretty sure wins the WTF thread. You can find it yourself but Warning: Hillybilly Jesus Christ and his flapping speedo'd dong is present throughout entirety of video.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132820 on: April 19, 2018, 05:18:00 am »

Thats where they first center too!!!  It's like an angry little bird!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132821 on: April 19, 2018, 09:52:44 am »

Slowbeef played Chou Aniki and Sakura Spirit at the same time (neither SFW, though not explicit either).  I fell asleep 15 minutes in despite the completely discordant music tracks, and slept soundly.

I may be desensitized to surreal homoerotic Japanese shooters.

Edit:  "Bang for my buck, if I was a gay man I'd feel ripped off"
(also yes I'm counting Touhou.  Samurai Zombie Nation is more of a stretch.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:57:39 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132822 on: April 19, 2018, 10:59:18 am »

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-43822504

There are multiple "wut"s to be had here. One is the gravity of her crime. Another is the reason she gave for doing it.

The third is her name.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132823 on: April 19, 2018, 11:25:43 am »

Eh, the name isn't a WTF. The scope of what she did is terrifying, though. I'm actually surprised she got off with so little punishment.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #132824 on: April 19, 2018, 11:30:46 am »

Eh, the name isn't a WTF. The scope of what she did is terrifying, though. I'm actually surprised she got off with so little punishment.
It's pretty usual fare for police forces, even if her job was to just pick up calls. A slap on the wrist and a scolding is what she got, basically.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 8853 8854 [8855] 8856 8857 ... 10970