Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8854 8855 [8856] 8857 8858 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12951288 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132825 on: April 19, 2018, 11:53:28 am »

I don't want to link to it, but I just saw a song titled "Quack like a Duck by G.O.A.T. and your M.O.M." which I'm pretty sure wins the WTF thread. You can find it yourself but Warning: Hillybilly Jesus Christ and his flapping speedo'd dong is present throughout entirety of video.
Oh, I remember that! I didn't recognise the name, but the warning you included unearthed some disturbing memories.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132826 on: April 19, 2018, 04:52:25 pm »

About a week ago, the store manager banned the use of earbuds/headphones while working; previously we could use one ear to listen to music while we work. The reason for it was someone in one of the Canada stores losing an arm in a baling machine, because the person right next to them had both earbuds in, and supposedly couldn't hear them screaming for help. The story sounds like bullshit; I'm not saying it didn't happen, in fact I totally believe it did, especially given our store's adherence to safety policies, it's just the circumstances described sound very sketchy.

That's not what the problem is. It's just that people took his allowance of people listening to a low-volume music player at their station as "blast it as loud as possible". Today I asked the manager to tell them to turn it down. His response to that is to turn off the store radio(taking away not only the music, but announcements, pages, etc.), and has them turn it up even more. I'm not even joking here, it was so loud that I, more than halfway across the building and wearing noise-reducing earmuffs, could not even concentrate on what I was doing. Oh, and I had a migraine and a possible minor ear infection.

Almost forgot(due to sonic concussion), I was accosted by a customer while I was working. Said customer barged into the back area where I work, past the closed double-doors that both say "Employees only past this point", past the half-dozen or so other employees he could have gone to(or at least, they should have stopped him), bee-lining right for me for some reason.

Eh, the name isn't a WTF. The scope of what she did is terrifying, though. I'm actually surprised she got off with so little punishment.
It's pretty usual fare for police forces, even if her job was to just pick up calls. A slap on the wrist and a scolding is what she got, basically.

Maybe I can get her a job where I work, because being 100% counterproductive is exactly the talent we look for in our employees.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132827 on: April 19, 2018, 04:58:08 pm »

Employees? She's clearly management material!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132828 on: April 19, 2018, 04:58:54 pm »

I have to ask where it is you work . . .

perhaps you can find more suitable arrangements?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132829 on: April 19, 2018, 07:42:03 pm »

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

An interesting perspective.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132830 on: April 19, 2018, 09:30:09 pm »

Youtube has sent me this video of a stuck, living buffalo getting nommed on by a hyena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DAx0rMCn08

umm in case it needs it, yea this is graphic.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132831 on: April 19, 2018, 09:53:33 pm »

gristlely
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132832 on: April 19, 2018, 09:55:39 pm »

Nature is brutal and cruel and gives no shits, no surprise there. It's just us humans that find it disturbing.

The birds.

The birds are glowing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this is serious

(large)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure I can dumpster this lens unless I really need some fuzzy aberrations. Or maybe it's the 2x teleconverter. Who knows?

?  Looks like overexposure maybe, the other white objects in the pictures also appear to be glowing. Also really bad focus.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132833 on: April 19, 2018, 10:25:54 pm »

One of my friends tried to get me to watch an anime.  My first anime in ages,  I think the last I saw was Cowboy Bebop.  I promised I would watch the first 5 episodes and give my thoughts. 

This anime is about a centaur.   In a school.  With imps and angels, and some weird horned people with tails.  The first scene was the centaur girl kissing an imp (who at first I thought was a boy but is in fact a girl) in a rehearsal for a play.   What have I gotten myself into, should I make sure I delete my browser history after watching this?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132834 on: April 19, 2018, 10:42:44 pm »

Jeez, that sounds like a bad one to to recommend to someone who isn't fully acclimated to the indulgent absurdity totally-folklore-references in many anime.

I haven't watched much anime recently, but if you liked Cowboy Bebop (like I did) you might like Trigun.  The story of a lighthearted pacifist outlaw with a mysterious past, and the insurance agents who attempt to keep him out of trouble.  The level of weirdness-for-the-sake of weirdness is very low, and it's a neat lost-tech steampunk setting.

And because I *am* acclimated, I would love to know the name of the anime you saw.  You kinda had me at centaurs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132835 on: April 19, 2018, 10:49:06 pm »

Centaur No Nayami.  Apparently "A Centaur's life" I only saw the first episode, donno what insanity it gets into, so be warned.  Will look into trigun, I saw it advertised way back when but never got around to watching more than bits and pieces.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #132836 on: April 19, 2018, 10:56:20 pm »

Centaur No Nayami.  Apparently "A Centaur's life" I only saw the first episode, donno what insanity it gets into, so be warned.  Will look into trigun, I saw it advertised way back when but never got around to watching more than bits and pieces.

Centaurs life is a spinoff of a hentai harem series, monster musume. Delet your history by association if nothing else
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132837 on: April 19, 2018, 11:35:23 pm »

Japan never really thinks these things through...

(I mean, for starters, this girl would have to literally eat like a horse to keep a body that size going-- Additionally, the brain/body ratio is going to be all whack with a body like that so she is gonna be about as smart as a bag of rocks, because most of her brain would be used to produce the signals needed just to move that huge body around-- then you have the total unwieldiness of a body like that; Just think about it-- even at a full torso twist and arm extension, she wont be able to reach her hind feet, or wipe her own butt.  Speaking of this latter, do you have any idea how absurd it would be to expect a toucas that big to sit on a toilet? Honestly japan--- I know you have weirdess as a social identifier, but this is just odd even by your standards.)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132838 on: April 19, 2018, 11:48:51 pm »

Japan never really thinks these things through...

(I mean, for starters, this girl would have to literally eat like a horse to keep a body that size going-- Additionally, the brain/body ratio is going to be all whack with a body like that so she is gonna be about as smart as a bag of rocks, because most of her brain would be used to produce the signals needed just to move that huge body around-- then you have the total unwieldiness of a body like that; Just think about it-- even at a full torso twist and arm extension, she wont be able to reach her hind feet, or wipe her own butt.  Speaking of this latter, do you have any idea how absurd it would be to expect a toucas that big to sit on a toilet? Honestly japan--- I know you have weirdess as a social identifier, but this is just odd even by your standards.)

To be perfectly fair, all of those apply pretty much to any centaur.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132839 on: April 19, 2018, 11:52:13 pm »

And here I am disappointed that the centaur is a silly innocent well-endowed yet humble girl.  That character can be great, but I don't generally like stories where they're the lead.

Also more than a little disappointed that the centaur is female, and no males in sight, bah.  And that imp's a girl?  Tiny prepubescent girl love interest?  Yeah, this is hitting all sorts of "nope" checkmarks.

There were some amusing moments in EP1 though, to be fair.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8854 8855 [8856] 8857 8858 ... 10970