Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8894 8895 [8896] 8897 8898 ... 9873

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5996506 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133425 on: May 08, 2018, 08:35:49 am »

Beware the farmer's market. (20 minute long video, something I need to consider when buying from small stalls).

This isn't exactly surprising, and there are also things referred to as Farmer's Markets that... Have nothing to do with them.

Also, who picks up stuff from a stall that blatantly has the stickers and/or vacuum-packed plastic on the veggies and actually believes that it's from a local farm? At least the "Kent" people took the stickers off their blatantly supermarket-style veggies before putting them on display...

And yeah, ripeness is one of the really big contributors for fruits, and that's precisely why you get such a different experience from having a home-grown or at least local source where it can actually be picked while ripe, rather than before (or even earlier, if you prefer them a little green).

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133426 on: May 08, 2018, 12:45:29 pm »

THAT IS NOT A LEEK THAT IS HALF A LEEK WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #133427 on: May 08, 2018, 01:32:27 pm »

RE: Farmer's markets.

Most of the vendors at the one I worked at for a while bought at least half (sometimes all) of the stuff they sold. In some cases they sold stuff that was rejected for sale at grocery stores, but prettied up and with the worst bits sorted out.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133428 on: May 08, 2018, 01:33:51 pm »

To be fair itís the supermarkets that are encouraging the perfect fruit and veg thing. Ainít nothing wrong with a wonky potato.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #133429 on: May 08, 2018, 01:36:11 pm »

I should note that the stuff wasn't always rejected for looking bad, the rotten stuff was sorted out. Also, look closely at the "fresh" onions, sometimes the rotten outside layers are peeled off making them look shiny and fresh.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133430 on: May 08, 2018, 01:48:36 pm »

Just like you do with ogres; you peel the rotting layer of skin off and it looks as good as new!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #133431 on: May 08, 2018, 02:06:47 pm »

Just like you do with ogres; you peel the rotting layer of skin off and it looks as good as new!

this made me cri
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133432 on: May 08, 2018, 03:06:23 pm »

Reading it shreked me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133433 on: May 08, 2018, 03:23:33 pm »

There is a Swedish folk tale where an evil dragon prince is defeated by by peeling his layers off one by one until a human is found at the core.

This is because his mother the queen conceived him by eating an onion (because a wise old hag told her so) but omitted to peel it first. So all the bad onion layers had to be peeled away first.
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #133434 on: May 08, 2018, 03:34:54 pm »

There is a Swedish folk tale where an evil dragon prince is defeated by by peeling his layers off one by one until a human is found at the core.

This is because his mother the queen conceived him by eating an onion (because a wise old hag told her so) but omitted to peel it first. So all the bad onion layers had to be peeled away first.

Suddenly, I understand that one bit in Narnia now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • The brochure sure didn't mention any of this shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133435 on: May 08, 2018, 09:55:58 pm »

How do people come up with these ideas?

How do people get these stories and then pass them down to their kids until we get to this point?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133436 on: May 08, 2018, 09:56:55 pm »

How do people come up with these ideas?

How do people get these stories and then pass them down to their kids until we get to this point?

Oral history is the medieval equivalent to dank memes.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133437 on: May 08, 2018, 10:07:13 pm »

I feel like "peel the onion before you eat it, idiot" isn't something that normally requires a cautionary tale to instill in people, but then again, people from northern climates are known to value layers.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133438 on: May 08, 2018, 10:13:27 pm »

As you may see, I tried to change my avatar today.  I go to the profile settings, paste the URL into the textbox, but when I go to save changes it defaults back to "don't use an avatar".  It's unclear what I'm doing wrong.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • For better or worse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133439 on: May 08, 2018, 10:17:16 pm »

Remove the s in https. The forum doesn't like it but it should work just fine if you make it just http.
to EXPIRE alone, in the jaws of some BEAST; one ALIKE but far AWAY
a delicate MACHINE, finally BROKEN beyond last hope of REPAIR
FLUIDS escaping, becoming ONE
cold thereafter
Pages: 1 ... 8894 8895 [8896] 8897 8898 ... 9873