Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8896 8897 [8898] 8899 8900 ... 9873

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5996504 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133455 on: May 09, 2018, 01:14:53 pm »

There’s a Chuck Tingle title in there somewhere.

Pounded in the Butt ‘til I birthed a root vegetable. Something like that.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Potato Lovechild Resulting from Pounding the Earth in the Butt
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133456 on: May 09, 2018, 01:26:08 pm »

Got an email today.
"Your package will arrive on the 8/5/2018".

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds speedrun again
    • View Profile
« Reply #133457 on: May 09, 2018, 01:26:33 pm »

Pounded in the Butt by my own Potato Lovechild Resulting from Pounding the Earth in the Butt
D'you think we can make some cash by selling the idea to Chuck Tingle?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #133459 on: May 09, 2018, 02:06:40 pm »

Got an email today.
"Your package will arrive on the 8/5/2018".

I mean... that could be august instead of may. MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY.

Still probably be a wtf due to how far off it would be, but it'd probably involve fewer chronospheres to manage possibility!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133460 on: May 09, 2018, 04:39:35 pm »

Maybe the Timecube has an answer!
Bad news for Timecube admirers

I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133461 on: May 09, 2018, 04:40:25 pm »

They made an anime called Batman Ninja. Batman is a samurai (somewhat confusingly).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #133462 on: May 09, 2018, 04:51:31 pm »

... I see the trailer, and can't help but think that looks like possibly the best thing to come out of the batman franchise in years, maybe ever. It looks absurd in the best of ways.

E: Jeez, the pedigree on that thing is actually pretty baller. Jojo, Kill la Kill, and Afro Samurai all have folks that worked on 'em contributing. No clue if I'll get around to watching it any time soon but it kinda' legit looks like it might be one of the best bits of batman media to hit a TV screen equivalent.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:07:23 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133463 on: May 09, 2018, 05:59:50 pm »

It has a low IMDB score, but is pretty high on rotten tomatoes. I'd assume that a lot of people have pre-decided that they don't like it.

Also, it's noteworthy that the English adaptors admit they completely rewrote all the dialogue so they're apparently like two different movies. That's the sort of thing that would be interesting to compare.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:06:45 pm by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133464 on: May 09, 2018, 06:05:26 pm »

I mean, that was a legendary result in the case of Ghost Stories, but I somehow doubt that Shinobatman is going to go the same direction.

I tried watching Samurai Pizza Cats as well, but it just didn't grab me like Ghost Stories did.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133465 on: May 09, 2018, 06:08:01 pm »

Let me clarify the ratings thing: the high ratings are from critics, low ratings are from average viewers.

Which is a similar pattern to e.g. The Last Jedi or something. But this time it can't be brushed off with "well it's fake reviews from alt-right people upset they made Batman a girl this time". The thing is, the alt-right are fairly heavily associated with using anime avatars, so I can't really see it being an alt-right backlash against Batman being made into an anime or anything. Trying to politicize "people didn't like <thing I like>" by implying people who didn't like it are closet Nazis is one of the current pathological ways to debate whether movies are any good.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:19:40 pm by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133466 on: May 09, 2018, 06:14:34 pm »

Well, that escalated quickly.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #133467 on: May 09, 2018, 06:17:18 pm »

Let me clarify the ratings thing: the high ratings are from critics, low ratings are from average viewers.

Which is a similar pattern to e.g. The Last Jedi or something. But this time it can't be brushed off with "well it's fake reviews from alt-right people upset they made Batman a girl this time". The thing is, the alt-right are fairly heavily associated with using anime avatars, so I can't really see it being an alt-right backlash against Batman being made into an anime or anything. Trying to politicize "people didn't like <thing I like>" by implying people who didn't like it are closet Nazis is one of the current pathological ways to debate whether movies are any good.

... What?

I feel like this is the reply to three pages of snarky conversation that exists only in an alternate dimension that I do not have access to.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133468 on: May 09, 2018, 06:21:12 pm »

Different thread, but i'm talking about the general thing where a movie gets good critical reviews but is heavily disliked by fans. Recently, those have attracted people wishing to push politics into the discussion, e.g the female Ghostbusters movie or The Last Jedi.

Batman Ninja follows the same pattern in terms of reviews (critical acclaim, heaily disliked by core fans), however there's no "angle" to hang that hook on. e.g. if someone had made a "female batman" anime, and it was disliked for the exact same reasons that Batman Ninja is disliked by average fans, then you'd have opportunist media jumping in and proclaiming all the fans to be sexist neckbeards. The only reason it's not going to happen with Batman Ninja one is because there's no angle to spin that around.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:24:50 pm by Reelya »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133469 on: May 09, 2018, 06:21:57 pm »

He's gonna go around telling people: 'Watashi wa Batoman desu.'
What a travesty. Almost makes me want to watch it.

There's just six critic reviews on RT so far. Too low a sample to count on as an aggregate. Of those, they mostly praise the bonkers idea and the gorgeous artwork, but there's little love for the plot.

From the trailer, it looks like a boringly typical anime fare, that takes itself way too seriously for how silly it is.
Pages: 1 ... 8896 8897 [8898] 8899 8900 ... 9873