Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8859 8860 [8861] 8862 8863 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995368 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132900 on: April 20, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »

Forgot today was 4/20 until the cute cashier at the supermarket wished me a happy one.

I told her I didn't know anything about it, but wished her a good night.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132901 on: April 20, 2018, 06:39:07 pm »

Why do all the cute cashiers celebrate Hitler's birthday?  Sigh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #132902 on: April 20, 2018, 07:05:59 pm »

No no no, they're celebrating the anniversary of Columbine, silly
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132903 on: April 20, 2018, 07:08:10 pm »

Why do all the cute cashiers celebrate Hitler's birthday?  Sigh.
Wait. WHAT?!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132905 on: April 20, 2018, 07:20:13 pm »

Look far back enough in history and you'll find a terrible persons birthday for just about every day of the year.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132906 on: April 20, 2018, 07:28:50 pm »

Hitler Apologist says what?
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132907 on: April 20, 2018, 07:32:35 pm »

Yeah smj, how dare you suggest it’s alright for Hitler to have a birthday just because other dictators and genocidal fuckheads have birthdays.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132908 on: April 20, 2018, 07:33:51 pm »

... Megaman X8, why do your robots scream as they die...?

Watching the first bit of a TAS to see if I cared to watch more and. Not sure if I was hearing right. But I was. Some of the robot enemies were, in fact, emitting death cries as they exploded.

Like. It makes some sense since a lot of the stuff you murder in the X series games actually are by and large as intelligent et al as any human, but. Still.

E: Though that does make me have the thought. If I ever design killbots in the future, make them emit the screams of dying children when attacked (alongside whatever other sonic based dickery can be included).

Bonus points for including on the fly data sifting to personalize the wailing based on whoever's attacking. I don't think anyone's actually tried to leverage metadata and whatnot to make a battlefield more of a hell, yet, and it strikes me that could be a thing in the future.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:42:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132909 on: April 20, 2018, 07:39:36 pm »

Screaming robots as they explode makes about as much sense as them emitting a bunch of vocal error messages as they power down slowly (then explode), so enh.

In fact, It makes sense they would broadcast their failure in some way, so that whatever governs or commands them could be updated.  And being programed to actually fear death is an oddly human thing to do.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132910 on: April 20, 2018, 08:00:14 pm »

yea.  Today is hitler's birthday

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/court-bans-alcohol-neo-nazi-rock-festival-germany-54607691
Haha that's pretty cool. Any news on how it went? What time is it in that part of the world? I want to know how many antifa protestors got stomped.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132911 on: April 20, 2018, 08:11:12 pm »

Screaming robots as they explode makes about as much sense as them emitting a bunch of vocal error messages as they power down slowly (then explode), so enh.

In fact, It makes sense they would broadcast their failure in some way, so that whatever governs or commands them could be updated.  And being programed to actually fear death is an oddly human thing to do.

Adding in self-preservation protocols makes sense for something which can't be thrown at the enemy like so much cannonfodder. Although self preservation could also include running away, which is no fun in a video game.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132912 on: April 20, 2018, 09:37:47 pm »

I almost kicked and punched someone into hospital today. Still a bit shaky, even 12h later.
I was biking home, and in front of me biked a girl age, dunno, 15-17?
Suddenly an elderly man jump onto the bicylcle path and starts screaming at the girl that she should stop, and let people cross the street (which is bullshit, because there's no official pedestrian crossing there), and within half a second, the girl didn't even have time to respond or react, this retarded buttfuck punches the girl off her bike in front of the car traffic lane. He like, punched her full in the face, and she went completely flat, stuck under her bike.

I was biking 2m behind her, and saw it happen.
I jumped of my bike and went full kungfu rage on the man. I didn't hit him, I managed to restrain my fists and feet half a millimeter in front of his nose, but damn, it was close. if the rage with which I kicked had hit him I fear I would now have not been typing on this forum, but instead sitting in a cell awaiting manslaughter charges. I luckily was still (barely) in control of myself enough to not hit him, but just give him the scare of his life and chase him off.

Note, it was an elderly man, around age 70, but not a weak elderly. It was like, a 1.90m guy built like someone who has been a marine for most of his life, and had just recently lost the battle between muscle and blubber. But holy fuck, what the bluthering fuck is wrong with people? Why the gutfuck would someone just kick a child off her bike, for no fucking reason at all?
Still mad. Fuck me, I won't let someone beat a child off her bike. I'd do the same next time.

I did go to the police and reported the guy for attempted manslaughter. If the oncoming car hadn't hit the brake fully, this girl would have been dead, crushed by a car. Sadly the girl herself fled the scene. Can't blame her. First she gets punched off her bike, then she witnesses a ranting raving hippie assailing her assailant.

What I did learn today is that apparently if I am confronted with a fight/freeze/flee situation, I fight. Good to know.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132913 on: April 20, 2018, 10:10:24 pm »

O.O Geeze man.......

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132914 on: April 20, 2018, 10:59:32 pm »

Your friendly neighbourhood hippyman?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8859 8860 [8861] 8862 8863 ... 10973