Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8860 8861 [8862] 8863 8864 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996502 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132915 on: April 21, 2018, 02:55:17 am »

My Internet can't load Myth-Weavers properly, yet it downloads DOOM2016 at 7.6 and 8.1 MB/s (min and max, respectively). Oh, and also can't download Firefox.

*CABL sips some water, then slowly inhales and exhales.*

AAANGERYYYYY!!!!1
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132916 on: April 21, 2018, 03:00:16 am »

It is probably your browser, not the network connection itself.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #132917 on: April 21, 2018, 03:14:09 am »

It is probably your browser, not the network connection itself.

I know the drill, so I've already tried cleaning the cache. Didn't work. Folks on MW's Discord seem to access it with ease.[/s]

Nevermind, I pulled the router's power cable off the power socket and put it in after 15 seconds.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:55:48 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132918 on: April 21, 2018, 07:03:56 am »

Ahh yes, the Secret Technique, passed down from master to apprentice for generations... Good to see that our heritage is being respected.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132919 on: April 21, 2018, 08:41:21 am »

I just realized how many minor injuries my arms are covered in. Like four large abrasions with bruises, maybe twenty small cuts and puncture wounds. A few blood blisters on my fists and my perpetual broken knuckle. That's just current wounds. I have so many scars on my arms. Most are small and near invisible but now that I'm aware, I have tons of them.

Dunno why I just realized this. I guess I'm accident prone and absent minded. This is one time where pain tolerance is a bad thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #132920 on: April 21, 2018, 08:51:08 am »

Perhaps when you go to sleep, you're actually controlled by a split personality who happens to be a hardcore street fighter?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132921 on: April 21, 2018, 08:53:44 am »

I just realized how many minor injuries my arms are covered in. Like four large abrasions with bruises, maybe twenty small cuts and puncture wounds. A few blood blisters on my fists and my perpetual broken knuckle. That's just current wounds. I have so many scars on my arms. Most are small and near invisible but now that I'm aware, I have tons of them.

Dunno why I just realized this. I guess I'm accident prone and absent minded. This is one time where pain tolerance is a bad thing.

What the fuck are you doing?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132922 on: April 21, 2018, 08:54:40 am »

Rule no.1, you don't talk about fight club.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132923 on: April 21, 2018, 08:59:11 am »

I do have to apologize for the escessive use of four letter words. Let's just say that after the incident I self-medicated with alcohol and dancing the night away in a nightclub to get rid of the adrenaline hangover, and I was a bit drunk when posting.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132924 on: April 21, 2018, 09:43:48 am »

I'm imagining you posting it from your phone whilst swaying drunkenly on a dancefloor and I don't want you spoiling this mental image.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132925 on: April 21, 2018, 09:45:31 am »

I think the abrasions are from construction work with my father and most of the rest is from either wear and tear at work or rough housing with my dogs. But I'm pretty pain tolerant. My parents used to ask me all the time (and my wife still does) where or how I got a cut or bruise and I almost always didn't realize I had it til it was pointed out.

In fact I have a facial scar under my eye where I fell and got a big gash. I got up and walked into the living room, bleeding profusely. I said, 'Mom I think I hurt my face.' She wigged out and took me to the ER where they gave me five or so stitches without anesthetic because I needed to be able to feel my eye in case they stitched into it. And I just calmly watched them sew my face up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #132926 on: April 21, 2018, 09:57:39 am »

Being pain-tolerant is pretty nice, I recommend it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132927 on: April 21, 2018, 11:27:12 am »

Being pain-tolerant is pretty nice, I recommend it.

Well, I mean, up until the point where you chew your own lips off in your sleep.

I've got a teensy little scar after an altercation with a table during my youth... I was bouncing and chasing after a rubbery little ball (a skill I'd learned from the dog) shaped like a meteorite, and it had a tendency to be rather unpredictable in its ricochets. When it suddenly changed directions and flung itself under the table, I followed, only to be stopped by the sharp corner jamming itself into my hairline. I was about 9 at the time.

Not really feeling anything other than a slightly injured ego, I went back to my room to participate in the much safer activity of playing computer games. I noticed that I seemed to be sweating quite a bit, and had to keep stopping my forehead off while playing. Eventually I looked down at the white plastic lawn chair I was using as an office chair, and noticed that it was covered in blood, as was my hand.

I went to tell my mom, and (according to her), the first words out of my mouth were "boy, I've really done it this time...".

The doctor's office also apparently didn't quite trust the incident report of "chased after bouncing meteorite until he collided with the table", so some extra questioning was had.

My life is punctuated by alternating events of casually shaking off something that by all rights should have been quite painful, and getting incapacitated by minor injuries. My pain tolerance appears to be somewhat... unreliable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #132928 on: April 21, 2018, 01:13:27 pm »

I have like zero pain tolerance, i notice everything and whine a lot :c
And i keep cutting myself on blunt objects like the sides of counters and shit. Like, they might not be smooth but they dont have sharp edges or anything, so ive got cuts all over my arms all the time. Anyone else manage to do that?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132929 on: April 21, 2018, 01:17:28 pm »

I do that at work. I seem to very good at getting paper cuts from cardboard boxes on my fingers, scraping my arms on the edges of shelves, that kinda thing.

Also burned my arm on the oven last week, but then completely forgot about it and had a double take when I saw the blister before remembering.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8860 8861 [8862] 8863 8864 ... 10973