Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8885 8886 [8887] 8888 8889 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13148695 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133290 on: April 30, 2018, 08:31:43 am »

Looking up my account balance, the website decided to default to Spanish for some reason.

Also, did the price of RAM jump up recently? Looking to fill the two empty slots in my motherboard, and the prices I'm seeing are more than twice what I remember paying for the same memory boards. PRE-EDIT: Actually, I can't seem to find the same model RAM I've got, so I'd probably have to replace the ones I've got if I wanted to upgrade.

PRE-EDIT2: Wait, I looked it up on Amazon based on information I got from the CPU-Z utility. Found a similar, if not(but probably not) the same model... and recommendations for gay erotica. Glad I was searching first with my browser in incognito mode, and not signed into Amazon.

Must've been "RAMmed in the Butt by Oligopolistic Price Collusion" by Chuck Tingle, an instant classic in "hardware".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133291 on: April 30, 2018, 08:34:37 am »

Looking up my account balance, the website decided to default to Spanish for some reason.

Also, did the price of RAM jump up recently? Looking to fill the two empty slots in my motherboard, and the prices I'm seeing are more than twice what I remember paying for the same memory boards. PRE-EDIT: Actually, I can't seem to find the same model RAM I've got, so I'd probably have to replace the ones I've got if I wanted to upgrade.

PRE-EDIT2: Wait, I looked it up on Amazon based on information I got from the CPU-Z utility. Found a similar, if not(but probably not) the same model... and recommendations for gay erotica. Glad I was searching first with my browser in incognito mode, and not signed into Amazon.

Must've been "RAMmed in the Butt by Oligopolistic Price Collusion" by Chuck Tingle, an instant classic in "hardware".

There are no floppies here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133292 on: April 30, 2018, 08:47:37 am »

If you need help translating spanish for tour bank I could help.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133293 on: April 30, 2018, 09:12:40 am »

New issue, it seems that whenever Steam decides to download/update anything, it has to effectively cripple everything else. Even Steam itself, excepting the downloads page. Just had to crash-exit 7 Days to Die because of it.

Not necessary, there was an easily visible option to switch it back to English. Just not sure why it switched to Spanish all of a sudden.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133294 on: April 30, 2018, 09:27:55 am »

And if you also need your account number and password translated into Norwegian, I can help with that!

In other WTF news, The Independent ran a story about two guys being found "tied to a bench and covered in paint", and how the cops were frowning on this kind of vigilantism.

I thought "hehe, okay, this should be entertaining", and then a few lines into the story it nonchalantly adds: "[they] were also kicked and beaten with iron bars after being captured".

The fuck? That's a bit more extreme than tying the guys up for the police to find. It's not that I'm surprised by humanity doing something like that, but I do kinda take issue with how that aspect was handled by the piece's author.

Also, since the article doesn't mention it, the two were apparently in breach of parole after having been released from prison for, among other things, multiple counts of sexual assault on minors. Figured as much, as that tends to be a common agonist for vigilantism.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133295 on: April 30, 2018, 10:00:30 am »

And if you also need your account number and password translated into Norwegian, I can help with that!

In other WTF news, The Independent ran a story about two guys being found "tied to a bench and covered in paint", and how the cops were frowning on this kind of vigilantism.

I thought "hehe, okay, this should be entertaining", and then a few lines into the story it nonchalantly adds: "[they] were also kicked and beaten with iron bars after being captured".

The fuck? That's a bit more extreme than tying the guys up for the police to find. It's not that I'm surprised by humanity doing something like that, but I do kinda take issue with how that aspect was handled by the piece's author.

Also, since the article doesn't mention it, the two were apparently in breach of parole after having been released from prison for, among other things, multiple counts of sexual assault on minors. Figured as much, as that tends to be a common agonist for vigilantism.
I'm caught between objecting to the treatment and broader consequences of it and absolutely not feeling sorry for them.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133296 on: April 30, 2018, 10:52:38 am »

And then of course there's the separation of calves from their mothers at birth. Even at dairies where the male calves aren't promptly slaughtered, taking calves of either sex from their parent is extremely upsetting for both parties. That's probably the "mooing" you say you hear some nights, in fact - must be calving time. :'(
Although, you'd be surprised at how often the mother simply abandons the calf and doesn't give a damn.
Now that I have you here as the local bovine expert: I've noticed weird differences between cow meat and milk in the continent, in Great Britain, and in Ireland.

When I was in London 2 years ago the milk tasted weird to me. Something between "grass" and "paint" in taste, and yes I know thats a weird analogy. Anyway it tasted strange and I know it wasnt just me because a friend of mine told me the same thing.

Anyhow, fastforward a year and I arrive to Ireland, and the milk, once again, tastes different. In particular: it seems to me that it's far thicker than I'd expect and it tastes almost sour. It's different from both continental milk and Great Britain's milk. Moreover, I find that meat is also fattier than I would expect.

Is there any difference in the breeds involved?
No, not so much concerning the breeds I'd say. For the fatty meat there are set standards to be met - perhaps they're different in England and the Republic. As for the milk tasting different, I'll admit to being baffled. Same breed used, same standards as far as I'm aware. The only thing I can think of is perhaps a difference in grass/nutrition.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133297 on: April 30, 2018, 10:58:56 am »

I hear that diet can effect milk quality a lot. I remember somone once telling me that if you feed a cow apples, then it will taste sweeter.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133298 on: April 30, 2018, 11:52:35 am »

Makes sense. Pork fed on corn tastes awful

Im stuck in a difficult transitiinary period here. Boss doesnt want us authorizing the pumps for anyone not part of local government services anymore because people have been writing bad checks. Customers feel entitled to whatever they ask for, so they dont like that i ask who theyre working for or for a debit or credit card to be run beforehand to make sure we get paid. Including alcohol. Locals think if i ask one of them for id they dont have then they can walk away and their friend/family can buy it for them, or the word of their family and friends is as valid as id. Which is blatantly wrong, but theyll keep it up until my supervisor acquiesses. Not my fault, not my problem. Presumably theyll just hire a new supervisor if anything comes of it. Then theres people who want alcohol or whatever and expect me to recognize them right off the bat just because other employees do. Ive been here literally 3 months people. And propane tanks. They expire for a fucking reason, they need to be inspected to make sure theyre still safe to use. I aint gonna fill expired tanks.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:05:56 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #133299 on: April 30, 2018, 12:02:50 pm »

What about corn that is fed pork?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133300 on: April 30, 2018, 12:05:46 pm »

Probably be well fertilised.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133301 on: April 30, 2018, 12:12:18 pm »

Makes sense. Pork fed on corn tastes awful
Movie idea:
McDonald brothers as tortured heroes in possession of the secret knowledge of humanity being treated by aliens as a luxurious, free-range buffet.
They embark on a perilous quest to sneakily change people's diets to unhealthy junk, so that the aliens look for culinary stimulation elsewhere.
The film ends as their morbidly obese compatriots start rolling out their disability scooters, and the plans for the first MD restaurant in North Korea are underway - Maurice is seen standing at his brother's empty grave (who died kidnapped and consumed by aliens), emphatically declaring mission accomplished through bitter tears.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133302 on: April 30, 2018, 12:15:08 pm »

Came here to drop a thought, wondering why people keep downloading my mediocre models. Someone's persistently emailing me to sell them on some site.

Get reminded of an economics teacher I had who absolutely despised farmers.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133303 on: April 30, 2018, 12:20:30 pm »

While that sounds interesting, remember that wagyu beef doesn't exactly come from the healthiest cow lifestyles.

Although, I don't believe human flesh marbles quite as beautifully as wagyu, so you'd probably end up with separate layers of muscle and fat. This could allow for the extraction, rendering, and use of human fat oils.

So, rather than dissuading the aliens, we'd just provide them with an extra source of income and materials through the Mickey D whaling business.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133304 on: April 30, 2018, 12:27:56 pm »

Mickey D whaling business.
So sailing your space ship to McDonalds to harpoon morbidly obese people and render them into oil?
Pages: 1 ... 8885 8886 [8887] 8888 8889 ... 10980