Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8902 8903 [8904] 8905 8906 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13004214 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133545 on: May 07, 2018, 12:23:29 pm »

Lack of other practical options for housing I imagine. You can get stuck in a really bad situation if you don't have anywhere else to go.

This. The cheapest rent I've seen posted is around $1300 and up, way outside my budget even it if it did include utilities. Sure, there might be cheaper places, but I can't find them posted, probably don't include utilities, and they're probably not safe places to live.

I seriously do not understand how other people make similar to what I do and can afford to live they way they do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133546 on: May 07, 2018, 12:25:41 pm »

I seriously do not understand how other people make similar to what I do and can afford to live they way they do.
Rent control. It doesn't cost them as much because they bought into it while it was still cheap.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133547 on: May 07, 2018, 12:38:57 pm »

Rent control. It doesn't cost them as much because they bought into it while it was still cheap.
If you need any more help, just follow the lead of this plucky young lady who paid down her sizable student loan in just three years thanks to a healthy helping of grit and determination!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133548 on: May 07, 2018, 12:56:35 pm »

Welp, they did push me into changing the service. Amazing how their stories change, by the way. Like, mid-sentence even.

On the plus side, I did get pretty decent 2-year deal out of it, including faster internet, 1-year DVR, about 4x as many channels, a couple of free movie channels, below-package price, and reduced installation fee, and it's all in *my* name.

Unrelated(mostly), but the speaker of my phone gets really hot after while on a call.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133549 on: May 07, 2018, 01:00:39 pm »

Welp, they did push me into changing the service. Amazing how their stories change, by the way. Like, mid-sentence even.

On the plus side, I did get pretty decent 2-year deal out of it, including faster internet, 1-year DVR, about 4x as many channels, a couple of free movie channels, below-package price, and reduced installation fee, and it's all in *my* name.

Unrelated(mostly), but the speaker of my phone gets really hot after while on a call.

It can only be called a decent deal when they change out the malfunctioning Momsboyfriend unit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133550 on: May 07, 2018, 01:02:02 pm »

I cant be the only one that regularly gets nintendo64 games theme songs stuck in their head every day, right? Like, super mario64 or banjo kazooie or star wars: rogue squadron

Fuck rogue squadron was a fun game...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133551 on: May 07, 2018, 01:05:42 pm »

I literally hum Gruntilda's Lair at my cubicle once a week, and even add different inflections for different zones.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133552 on: May 07, 2018, 01:06:49 pm »

I cant be the only one that regularly gets nintendo64 games theme songs stuck in their head every day, right? Like, super mario64 or banjo kazooie or star wars: rogue squadron

Fuck rogue squadron was a fun game...

Whenever I listen to a youtube video that has some N64 music playing in the background, my instant first impression is always "What good taste in music". My demographic is being pandered to very hard.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133553 on: May 07, 2018, 01:09:32 pm »

If you need any more help, just follow the lead of this plucky young lady who paid down her sizable student loan in just three years thanks to a healthy helping of grit and determination!

Dear God. I can't believe someone wrote that with a straight face. I almost thought it was a joke, but no... it's real.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133554 on: May 07, 2018, 01:11:47 pm »

Dear God. I can't believe someone wrote that with a straight face. I almost thought it was a joke, but no... it's real.

She just pulled herself up by her bootstraps yes she did, no help from anyone except for every single thing she has being given or arranged by her family connections.

Related: http://www.somethingawful.com/news/millennial-hard-work/
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133555 on: May 07, 2018, 01:13:23 pm »

She didn't even need a college education to do that! She coulda just forgone the degree entirely and been $220,000 ahead!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133556 on: May 07, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »

If only we could all be her boyfriend...

Personally id just like an appartment or something with running water and electricity and the option to buy internet or cable tv.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133557 on: May 07, 2018, 01:22:52 pm »

That's actually even kinda downplaying it. Her mother didn't pull strings to get her a job, her mom owns the company she got a job at, and (supposedly) adjusted her wage to match what she was making in DC. The apartment was purchased at auction for 13,000 after the housing market crash (meaning it was kind of a freak chance that landed them the property so cheaply), so Ebony and her beau moved in there for a while before moving in with Ebony's grandparents who had a house just down the street, so that the apartment could be rented out full-time.

There's another article after the first one blew up in a storm of "hah, relatable!", where she goes about defending her position and explaining how hard she worked to get there.

Quote from: the second article
READER QUESTION: WHAT SUGGESTIONS DO YOU HAVE FOR PEOPLE THAT CAN’T MOVE IN WITH FAMILY AND DON’T HAVE A 2-INCOME HOUSEHOLD?

I definitely understand that not everyone is able to make the same sacrifices that my husband and I made.  However, below are some tips for people who can’t move in with their parents:

Fucking what

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133558 on: May 07, 2018, 01:29:28 pm »

They are completely disconnected from reality, incapable of understanding other peoples perspectives and situations. Dont expect them to make sense, youre giving them more credit than they deserve.
I make Spellcrafts!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133559 on: May 07, 2018, 01:32:35 pm »

The Attribution Bias is extremely strong with this one.
Pages: 1 ... 8902 8903 [8904] 8905 8906 ... 10974