Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8903 8904 [8905] 8906 8907 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995578 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133560 on: May 07, 2018, 02:20:22 pm »

I pretty much use this thread as the "Talk about random stuff that I don't think has a thread, or I'm just too lazy to find one, Thread". I hope no one minds.

Any way, first of all I can apparently cross jump able rivers in DF adv mode without going out of travel mode. Yay!!!
Also, it says drunken fistfights have been changed. Does anyone know how?

And now that I just though of it, if a melencholy dwarf gets bitten by a werewolf, would he just live suicidally depressed forever in a little room? Sound awful, if so.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:28:53 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133561 on: May 07, 2018, 03:06:51 pm »

And now that I just though of it, if a melencholy dwarf gets bitten by a werewolf, would he just live suicidally depressed forever in a little room? Sound awful, if so.

Well shit. Somebody tell my psychiatrist.
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #133562 on: May 07, 2018, 03:09:07 pm »

If you need any more help, just follow the lead of this plucky young lady who paid down her sizable student loan in just three years thanks to a healthy helping of grit and determination!

Dear God. I can't believe someone wrote that with a straight face. I almost thought it was a joke, but no... it's real.

She just pulled herself up by her bootstraps yes she did, no help from anyone except for every single thing she has being given or arranged by her family connections.

Related: http://www.somethingawful.com/news/millennial-hard-work/

Just a small loan of a million dollars
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #133563 on: May 07, 2018, 03:26:51 pm »

The easiest way to make enough money to buy property is to already own property.
Nope nothing fucked up about that.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133564 on: May 07, 2018, 03:33:05 pm »

Yes. Ive had that happen. Couldnt even toss things in with him to dispose of because even as a werewhatever he was too depressed to hurt anybody. I ended up just leaving him there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133565 on: May 07, 2018, 04:12:18 pm »

The cheapest rent I've seen posted is around $1300 and up, way outside my budget even it if it did include utilities.
Have you looked into sharehousing? There are generally websites, advertisements and/or social media groups for that.
I'm not saying to just jump blindly into some unknown housing situation with a bunch of strangers who may or may not be sane/able to pay rent, but if you at least put some feelers out the perfect place might pop up eventually. Doesn't hurt to look around, right? Well, unless your stepdad spies on your enquiries and hits the roof upon discovering that you were so much as considering moving out, I guess. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133566 on: May 07, 2018, 04:48:53 pm »

Lack of other practical options for housing I imagine. You can get stuck in a really bad situation if you don't have anywhere else to go.

This. The cheapest rent I've seen posted is around $1300 and up, way outside my budget even it if it did include utilities. Sure, there might be cheaper places, but I can't find them posted, probably don't include utilities, and they're probably not safe places to live.

I seriously do not understand how other people make similar to what I do and can afford to live they way they do.

Generally, there are a lot more places available to rent than there are advertised. For example, if you go by the print and online advertisements where I live, the average rent for a house is around $800+ monthly. If you walk around, you'll find plenty of similar opportunities for around $300-$400. Generally, the folks that advertise are the ones with a lot of property that are doing it as a business, while a lot of people that just want to put some extra property into use don't bother with an ad. This does mean that typical landlord duties aren't their top priority, but plenty of the more usual sort of landlord are pretty lackadasical anyway. Try going out and pounding the pavement - remember that you can take anything in your name with you.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133567 on: May 07, 2018, 04:59:30 pm »

Try going out and pounding the pavement - remember that you can take anything in your name with you.

I interpreted this as her going out and taking the internet service package for a walk. On a leash.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133568 on: May 07, 2018, 05:27:03 pm »

My point was that locking into a contract shouldn't prevent Akura from moving if the opportunity arises. Given the boundary issues that have been described, that seemed like a useful reminder.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133569 on: May 07, 2018, 05:37:15 pm »

Technically you can always go hit the road with a hammer and end up in jail. I hear they offer free food, utilities, and housing. All for the low, low price of a misdemeaner and resisting arrest on your criminal record.

But seriously, move in with some coworkers you trust or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133570 on: May 07, 2018, 06:29:11 pm »

I'm still getting some persistent emails. Ignoring them doesn't seem to be helping. I got two just today.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133571 on: May 07, 2018, 06:55:10 pm »

But seriously, move in with some coworkers you trust or something.
Doesn't Akura have some of the most awful coworkers of anyone on the forum?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133572 on: May 07, 2018, 07:18:09 pm »

In an unrelated WTF, I'm trying to buy renew my FFXIV subscription (something about it scratches an itch I have every so often, and they just had a free-play period that got me back into it), and the "buy time" page doesn't have the prices for the different options listed (besides the discounts for 90 or 180 day subscription periods, there is a slightly cheaper but more limited option that restricts your number of characters). This is kind of an important thing to tell somebody that you are trying to get money from.

I have to go to a completely different page to get the pricing information. Bad form, SE. Bad form.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133573 on: May 07, 2018, 09:01:30 pm »

You don't?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #133574 on: May 07, 2018, 09:04:52 pm »

So, I tried to fire up a game for some evening fun, and it immediately crashed. Tried again, same deal. Look at the list of recent downloads, and sure enough, Steam had just updated it.

I get all ready to fire off an irate bug report, but first I decided to check what the log says, just in case. Hmm... It is failing to create a DX11 context, so it falls back to DX9 but that fails too. Odd. Very odd.

On a hunch I try another game, and it crashes too, although it complains my graphics card does not support OpenGL 2.1 (which is absolutely ridiculous).

By this point warning bells are going off, so I check GeForce Experience, and sure enough: It is offering to install the drivers I had just installed yesterday. Apparently driver installation failed silently yesterday (after successfully uninstalling my current drivers), and when I started Experience today, it realized I didn't have any drivers installed at all and offered to install the ones I had downloaded last.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:06:26 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 8903 8904 [8905] 8906 8907 ... 10973