Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8919 8920 [8921] 8922 8923 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196523 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133800 on: May 14, 2018, 06:50:50 pm »

Old MAN Spice, maybe :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133801 on: May 14, 2018, 07:43:37 pm »

Gods no Its just a cheap unscented brand.

But it seriously makes no fucking sense to me, its just stupid. People tell me i smell bad and then the opposite, its not like ive done anything different.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133802 on: May 14, 2018, 07:52:20 pm »

So an old woman looking for booze told me that i smell good. This conflicts heavily with previous customer complaints. I am not sure how to process this. She also made it sound kinda creepy. Why are women my age repulsed by me or wont even look me in the eye and then i get old women saying shit like this completely seriously.
Eh, don't worry. I get compliments from the elderly all the time. Your fashion sense is just stuck in a bygone era.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133803 on: May 14, 2018, 09:07:23 pm »

Just normal stick deodorant...

Old Spice?

Can confirm, I use Old Spice Classic and get compliments very frequently because of it. It's a pleasant smell without being overpowering.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #133804 on: May 15, 2018, 02:36:48 am »

You stink like a man. Little girls dont like real man smell thats why the old birds wanna nest on you.
And before you ask. Its despair, regret and B.O

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #133805 on: May 15, 2018, 03:00:17 am »

Just normal stick deodorant...

Old Spice?

Can confirm, I use Old Spice Classic and get compliments very frequently because of it. It's a pleasant smell without being overpowering.

Just avoid Wolfthorn. Most of their scents are pretty good, but Wolfthorn smells more like Moon-moon got drunk after gorging himself on fermented oranges and then vomited on a starburst.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #133806 on: May 15, 2018, 03:18:34 am »

Wolfthorn is basically elderflower kicked up to 11 which makes it awesome. I use the shower gel tho which makes it a bit less overpowering. Combined with the whitewater deodorant it makes for a pretty good combo, barely have to use the fancy colognes I've gotten as gifts over the years (except that one silver shadow altitude thing from davidoff which I'm almost out of at this point because it smells fucking sublime)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133807 on: May 15, 2018, 03:32:25 am »

Heh, reminds me of something I heard, a friend of a friend's brother (I did meet them) apparently bought this stuff that was meant to be male pheremone spray that you put on because it makes girls attracted to you. Except it was derived from pig testosterone apparently (since you can't harvest human testicles), my friend commented that it made the guy smell like a piece of bacon. Albeit sexy bacon, I guess.

EDIT: btw story checks out, pig-testicle pheremone cologne for dudes is a thing.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:36:07 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133808 on: May 15, 2018, 04:08:42 am »

I ended up having a good day today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133809 on: May 15, 2018, 04:13:44 am »

Funny thing about Wolfthorn, I tend to think that it's a bit on the extreme side, but my girlfriend loves whenever I use it. I normally go for the pure sport, as it's still decent without being quite as heady as Dogpoke.

Old Spice is also pretty much the only non-aluminum deodorant I can use where it doesn't require 2-3 reapplications over the course of a day. I've always been a bit "aromatic", and pretty much the only thing before that would stop me from smelling like a nuclear gym locker was the vinegar treatment, which, y'know... Leaves you smelling like vinegar instead.

And yes, we tried out Old Spice because of the marketing campaign and the clever text on the sticks. Non-dumbass advertising really works.

Yoink, was it the breakfast that did it? I bet it was breakfast.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133810 on: May 15, 2018, 04:42:25 am »

Wolfthorn is basically elderflower kicked up to 11 which makes it awesome. I use the shower gel tho which makes it a bit less overpowering. Combined with the whitewater deodorant it makes for a pretty good combo, barely have to use the fancy colognes I've gotten as gifts over the years (except that one silver shadow altitude thing from davidoff which I'm almost out of at this point because it smells fucking sublime)

...But elderflower smells like cat piss...

pretty much the only thing before that would stop me from smelling like a nuclear gym locker was the vinegar treatment, which, y'know... Leaves you smelling like vinegar instead.

I've nver heard of this vinegar treatment. What is it?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #133811 on: May 15, 2018, 04:46:02 am »

I've nver heard of this vinegar treatment. What is it?
I imagine you soak your armpit and other smelly bits in vinegar. Which does the trick, but leaves you smelling of vinegar.

Here's a little trick though: limes. Get yourself a lime, cut it in half and rub one of those halves on yer stinkin' armpits. Actually works. Just make sure you are not in direct sunlight when doing it and that you wipe the area properly, lime juice burns are annoying. And you'll still have half a lime left to consume.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133812 on: May 15, 2018, 04:51:10 am »

Is that a Brazillian lime or a real lime?
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133813 on: May 15, 2018, 04:58:53 am »

Basically, the acid content just kills off the odor-causing bacteria, and then it masks whatever smell might remain. Don't even need to soak, just wash the area with a quick splash of vinegar. Smart people apparently do it in the shower so they can rinse off properly right after, and even use it in their hair (acts as a conditioner), but that requires time, effort, and the realization that maybe you can't actually smell the vinegar after a while and have been walking around all day reeking of acid.

And if you're one of those people who shaves their armpits, don't apply lime juice to the area right afterwards... Or if you do, y'know... Be prepared.

Vinegar also works pretty well with smelly socks/shoes for the same reasons. Although if it's just a pair of sneakers, you can use the miraculous trick of tossing them in the washing machine (low heat, or it'll melt some of the plastic off). Old sneakers end up positively glowing once they come out.

Not great for their integrity, but if it's an old pair you were planning on getting rid of anyways, it'll spruce them up something fierce.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #133814 on: May 15, 2018, 05:51:11 am »

Not sure what kind of elderflower you have over there but the ones here have a sweet-ish smell with hints of earthiness. They make for excellent juice too, especially for the summer months.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 8919 8920 [8921] 8922 8923 ... 10984