Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8939 8940 [8941] 8942 8943 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13144181 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134100 on: May 27, 2018, 01:46:34 pm »

I just saw a Amish kid with light-up up roller skates zipping down the side of the highway.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134101 on: May 27, 2018, 01:55:45 pm »

I just saw a Amish kid with light-up up roller skates zipping down the side of the highway.
He needed to get home by sixish.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134102 on: May 27, 2018, 03:06:41 pm »

The Amish are not opposed to technology. They are just selective about it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #134104 on: May 27, 2018, 03:19:23 pm »

I wonder if there's any Amish denomination that holds to that all technology up to the 80's is allowed. Walking around with their walkmen and crop tops and super hairsprayed hair and cocaine.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134105 on: May 27, 2018, 03:31:07 pm »

So the Amish are long-haired hippies? Granted, that hair tends to be on their chins, but same difference.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #134106 on: May 28, 2018, 12:32:21 am »

So the Amish are long-haired hippies? Granted, that hair tends to be on their chins, but same difference.

You talk like there is one monolithic "Amish" group, there is not. Some are pretty wild, others are very strict.

Also, there are some groups that are sometimes called "Amish" by ignorant "worldly" people that are actually something completely different, like Wengers or other old order Mennonite groups.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134107 on: May 28, 2018, 12:38:45 am »

Urgh. My fingers get so extremely dry at work, turning the pages of a book becomes positively torturous! Why? I'm not sure, it's very strange, the only reason I can think of is the cheap soap in the bathroom here - I wash my hands quite often, what with all the donated goods I have to sort through.
Maybe I should start bringing my own hand soap to use. That seems ridiculous, though. Perhaps it'd be a better idea just to start moisturising my trash-tier skin in general.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #134108 on: May 28, 2018, 02:16:20 am »

man, the forum games board is so well organized now. I remember back in the day it was fuckin anarchy over there.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134109 on: May 28, 2018, 02:23:21 am »

Urgh. My fingers get so extremely dry at work, turning the pages of a book becomes positively torturous! Why? I'm not sure, it's very strange, the only reason I can think of is the cheap soap in the bathroom here - I wash my hands quite often, what with all the donated goods I have to sort through.
Maybe I should start bringing my own hand soap to use. That seems ridiculous, though. Perhaps it'd be a better idea just to start moisturising my trash-tier skin in general.
Soap can potentially sap all the moisture out of your hands by virtue of just doing what soap is supposed to do; removing the dirt and oils from your hands.

Just take a little squirt of lotion or skin oil afterwards and you should be good to go.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134110 on: May 28, 2018, 03:37:56 am »

Oh  boi.

New New Job.  This one is a direct promotion of the last, which was a tangential promotion.  I guess yay?
Ive changed more employeers in 2018 so far than I have in the previous past 5 years . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134111 on: May 28, 2018, 03:42:54 am »

Ok, I am not terribly superstitious or anything, BUT--

At this facility, pretty much EVERY resident that reaches end of life/extreme dementia reports seeing a little boy and a little girl enter their rooms and playing/running down the hall.

Now, I remind you that this is from people who are no longer in their right minds, and so cannot report a complex narrative.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #134112 on: May 28, 2018, 04:47:51 am »

Clearly, you must tell them to ask for their names the next time they see them, then have them engrave slabs as a workshop activity.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #134113 on: May 28, 2018, 05:56:52 am »

Clearly, you must tell them to ask for their names the next time they see them, then have them engrave slabs as a workshop activity.
I only got the reference at the last portion :P

But you're not alone there wierd! We've got ALL MANNERS OF STORIES LIKE THAT here in the Philippines--consistent ones, with consistent details from people who have never met or had any association, primary or secondary (through others), with each other. It's pretty cool that in response to these, we've developed a culture of respect at that. :))

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134114 on: May 28, 2018, 06:08:47 am »

One of the more interesting theories is about magnetic fields and ghost hauntings.

http://www.indiana.edu/~brain/magnetic-fields-in-haunted-houses/
For example, Laythe and Owen (2013) found that spikes in electromagnetic/ geomagnetic field activity in a haunted house with no electricity were associated with video- and audio-recorded anomalous events (e.g., human-shaped shadows or audio voices of children who were not present).

... which might help people who think they're going mad to rest assured that there are explanations for this stuff. Some "hauntings" have in fact been linked to faulty wiring in some cases.
Pages: 1 ... 8939 8940 [8941] 8942 8943 ... 10980