Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8953 8954 [8955] 8956 8957 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13152217 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134310 on: May 30, 2018, 05:18:10 pm »

I consider Obama to be the first of many black presidents.  Not a "Token black man."
(I mean, seriously--the country elected him TWICE. With a HUGE turnout at his inauguration. The country is ready for black presidents. )

Kinda like Jackie Robinson was the first of many black baseball stars. Not a token black man.

I resent that you decry Obama as a token black man.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:22:35 pm by wierd »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #134311 on: May 30, 2018, 05:22:06 pm »

Because Rome got theirs already? I guess you could throw shit at the Pope about it if you wanted to, but I don't see even His Holiness having the power to mend whatever sins the Romans committed in your interpretation.

The Donatio Constantini was a forgery and you know it.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134312 on: May 30, 2018, 05:32:42 pm »

All else being fair, 1/6th of presidents would be expected to be black. So, you'd expect 16 years of black rule per century, or another black president around 2050 or so.

In fact what you should be looking forward to is the inevitable Gonzalez presidential dynasty.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134313 on: May 30, 2018, 05:35:23 pm »

We could have a Nuyen, or a Sato, it's all the same to me, as long as they guy conducts his office with proper candor.

Our current orange idiot is doing no such thing. A disgrace to orange americans all over.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134314 on: May 30, 2018, 05:37:51 pm »

I consider Obama to be the first of many black presidents.  Not a "Token black man."
(I mean, seriously--the country elected him TWICE. With a HUGE turnout at his inauguration. The country is ready for black presidents. )

Kinda like Jackie Robinson was the first of many black baseball stars. Not a token black man.

I resent that you decry Obama as a token black man.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Obama being a black president of the US some time ago is pretty cool and unequivocally a Very Good Thing, but absolutely not a broader indication that things are good. In a by now very long and storied history of US Presidents he's the one black dude that's made it up to this august company that notably includes a whole bunch of slavers and a shitton of racists among which a fucking ethnic Dutchman is an aberration, flanked by Bush on one end and Trump on the other, and this I feel to not be a picture that inspires immediate confidence.

Diversification, broadly speaking, tends to be a good thing indeed, but a culture should strive to do even better rather than risk becoming complacent, no?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134315 on: May 30, 2018, 05:41:19 pm »

Ethnic Dutchman? Which President would that be?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134316 on: May 30, 2018, 05:46:06 pm »

Martin Van Buren! Still a natural-born citizen, mind you, but also one who spoke Dutch as a first language.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134317 on: May 30, 2018, 05:48:56 pm »

The skin color and cultural background of the president are immaterial to me. What I care about is how well he conducts his affairs, and his office.

This feeling is not something unique to myself.  The reason our orange idiot was elected, was through a vain hope that he would upset the monied pseudo-aristrocracy of this country. (see also "Drain the swamp"-- despite it being swampier than ever, and I doubt they will ever get the spanish moss out of the whitehouse carpets.) He has a historically low approval rating. They could run just about any sensible person against him, and win by a landslide in 2 years.

If anything, I would say our orange idiot is just what this country needs right now.  We need to be reminded (as a country) that our officials need to not be laughing stocks, and need to take the business of the presidency very seriously. 

If the next person to bat can offer legitimate track records of integrity, being a stickler for obeying and enforcing all of the rules, even on themself (especially on themself-- which is one the big reasons I did not want Hillary, and wanted Sanders instead...) and makes a good effort to reform campaign finance away from huge super PACs and pals, I would vote for them with such intensity that the stylus would gougue the damn machine, and break in two. They could be green for all I care.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134318 on: May 30, 2018, 05:54:38 pm »

Martin Van Buren! Still a natural-born citizen, mind you, but also one who spoke Dutch as a first language.

And here I thought you were making a Trump joke.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134319 on: May 30, 2018, 05:59:18 pm »

I dont think ANY ethnicity wants to claim trump.

Hell, even qualifying as "a New Yorker" is hard for him to do. Seen how NewYorkers deride his choices of pizzerias, and methods of eating said pizzas?

In fact, I am not entirely sure what ethnicity you could ascribe to him, aside from "Obnoxious white american."  He's like THE CLICHE of THAT. :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134320 on: May 30, 2018, 06:04:57 pm »

Related: I made a meme thing a while back where it was like when a pokemon evolved, but it was obnoxious orange into trump.

I consider this to be his ethnicity.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:08:08 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #134321 on: May 30, 2018, 07:58:58 pm »

We’ve had, what, four pages (default ppp master race) of discussion about sexism and racism and you’ve all been sensible and mature and not revolving into flaming each other.

You disappoint me, B12.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #134322 on: May 30, 2018, 08:46:34 pm »

In fact, I am not entirely sure what ethnicity you could ascribe to him, aside from "Obnoxious orange american."  He's like THE CLICHE of THAT. :P

ftfy
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134323 on: May 30, 2018, 08:53:59 pm »

New WTF: one of my favourite GMs turns out to be... kind of a massive twat. :'(   

In other WTF: wow, how have I managed to be so time efficient this morning, despite feeling so poorly? Impressive. Managed to go do grocery shopping, buy a bunch of stuff vaguely calculated to help me get over this cold (such as tea and soup!), get home and drink some tea, then take a dump whilst polishing off a few more pages of my book, then have some breakfast and manage to track down and identify an album I remember buying and returning as a kid - something that had been bugging me for years.     
Now it's about time for me to head to my 1 o'clock appointment, so let's not ruin things now, heh.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134324 on: May 30, 2018, 09:58:57 pm »

We’ve had, what, four pages (default ppp master race) of discussion about sexism and racism and you’ve all been sensible and mature and not revolving into flaming each other.

You disappoint me, B12.
Bay12 is almost completely fireproof as far as forums go. In any other forum, this would lead to banhammers flying everywhere.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 8953 8954 [8955] 8956 8957 ... 10981