Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8955 8956 [8957] 8958 8959 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005500 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134340 on: May 31, 2018, 03:45:37 am »

This might be anecdotal on my part, but I think the internet as a whole might be getting more mature and intelligent on average. There's quite a lot of good Youtube comments sections for example, though I'm sure I'll be doubly proven wrong.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134341 on: May 31, 2018, 04:27:39 am »

Maybe that process will be even faster if most forums would start banning immature people en masse. The internet will be pure at least. Outside of dedicated child sites, of course.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134342 on: May 31, 2018, 06:42:41 am »

This might be anecdotal on my part, but I think the internet as a whole might be getting more mature and intelligent on average. There's quite a lot of good Youtube comments sections for example, though I'm sure I'll be doubly proven wrong.
I think it's more just that we've gotten more used to it. Folks who have been using the internet long enough to remember what it was like in the "bad old days" have adapted to suit the monster. It's a combination of our changing into personalities that are more comfortable with the shit, and automatically filtering out the other shit that we don't want to deal with.

Also, Bay12 may have a lower incidence rate of flame wars, but holy hell do we have a lot of smugness and feelings of superiority... It's not quite SA, but still.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134343 on: May 31, 2018, 06:59:11 am »

Terminex commercial in passing. Have... are pest control companies tazing pests now? Like, knee sliding into the bathroom with a contact tazer in hand, has that become a thing someone actually does?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134344 on: May 31, 2018, 07:03:27 am »

I think it's more just that we've gotten more used to it. Folks who have been using the internet long enough to remember what it was like in the "bad old days" have adapted to suit the monster. It's a combination of our changing into personalities that are more comfortable with the shit, and automatically filtering out the other shit that we don't want to deal with.

Also, Bay12 may have a lower incidence rate of flame wars, but holy hell do we have a lot of smugness and feelings of superiority... It's not quite SA, but still.
And this superiority is in most cases true.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134345 on: May 31, 2018, 07:23:30 am »

It really isn't, and I'm saying this as someone who has lurked since 40d. Bay12's community has had a pretty poor reputation in the past, as a place where people on both boards had a massively unwarranted ego in viewing the forum as "teh smartest place online" and frequently mentioning it, whilst doing very little to earn such a title.

It was not something that was brought up daily, but practically every site I visited had a "DF seems cool but wtf is with the forums?". Even places that you wouldn't expect to have an investment in DF, like Newgrounds, mentioned it. And that isn't even going into the impression of an extreme circlejerk left by certain members of both the upper and lower boards.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:30:36 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134346 on: May 31, 2018, 07:24:03 am »

Well, for me at least. Dunno about everyone else. /s
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134347 on: May 31, 2018, 07:39:29 am »

Isolation is good. If we get maybe 2 newcomers that stick around per year, Toady has to do less moderation and can spend time on DF.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #134348 on: May 31, 2018, 08:16:08 am »

I was a poster back in 2014, the height of GamerGate. The usual end result of such a topic was usually a locked thread, tons of deleted posted, an angry toad, and bans for those posting in bad faith.

Things are quieter now.
Peaceful, even.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134349 on: May 31, 2018, 08:16:39 am »

Just searched myself in OOCQT and found it quite nostalgic.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134350 on: May 31, 2018, 08:29:13 am »

Oh man, you're right! It certainly is.
...Why do I quote Hans so often in this thread? :-X

I kinda miss my old RPG group now, though. Such bittersweet memories (and I only read the firstlast page of results!).   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134351 on: May 31, 2018, 08:40:48 am »

And now that our superiority has been established, it's time to eliminate the rest of the internet, leaving only the Bay12 Master Race.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134352 on: May 31, 2018, 08:41:35 am »

I have discovered the Damascus Goat. What an extraordinarily ugly and alien looking creature!
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134353 on: May 31, 2018, 08:44:35 am »

And now that our superiority has been established, it's time to eliminate the rest of the internet, leaving only the Bay12 Master Race.
Heh. Not to that extent. Nothing can match B12's stability, most other communities collapse within 5 years. Bay will turn 20 in about 3 years. Changing the subject, will we celebrate that? June 08, 2021, 12:01:01 AM.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #134354 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:33 am »

I have discovered the Damascus Goat. What an extraordinarily ugly and alien looking creature!

They're adorable what is wrong with you
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 8955 8956 [8957] 8958 8959 ... 10974