Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8963 8964 [8965] 8966 8967 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997390 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134460 on: June 02, 2018, 09:14:27 pm »

It’s dumb in the sense that it’s just incredibly silly and weird, which is not inherently a bad thing. I personally like it a lot.
Black lives matter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134462 on: June 02, 2018, 09:44:51 pm »

Hatred, which is basically a modern successor to Postal 1. Was briefly removed from Steam before being reinstated by gaben himself
Still not available here in Australia. Man, I live in a shithole. :'(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134463 on: June 03, 2018, 02:00:28 am »

Hatred, which is basically a modern successor to Postal 1. Was briefly removed from Steam before being reinstated by gaben himself
Still not available here in Australia. Man, I live in a shithole. :'(   
It actually is, via legal loophole you can purchase it from their site without issue. The game, however, I'd say is a 6.5/10 at best, coupling some very good maps and design choices with ideas unarguably much worse. It's not the broken game it was on release, but it's not worth purchasing full price IMO. The dev team was very active and responsive and fixed some issues literally just an hour after I reported them.

I still love it, though. I haven't seen destruction and fire physics on par with it since Far Cry 2 or Red Faction.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #134464 on: June 03, 2018, 04:17:04 am »

I mean physics doesn’t make a game bro. I’ve played games for 28 of my 31 years, so it’s totes gameplay *+ story that do it for me

I’m also super duper drunk at this point. Grains of salt etc.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #134465 on: June 03, 2018, 04:20:10 am »

Games are wonderfully about lots and lots of things so I think you can have a good game based off of physics, story, mood, gameplay, variability, progression, punchy shooting, punchy punching, multiplayer, player trolling, or any combination of those things.

(Of course my favorites are the ones that combine mood, story, and player trolling juuuuust right. Too bad you can almost certainly only experience such a thing properly one time...)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:21:46 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134466 on: June 03, 2018, 04:34:28 am »

Are there any other good player trolling games side from Undertale and The Stanley Parable?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134467 on: June 03, 2018, 04:35:28 am »

The Underground Man .
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #134468 on: June 03, 2018, 05:08:42 am »

Are there any other good player trolling games side from Undertale and The Stanley Parable?
doki doki~

In a different vein, maybe Demon's Souls or something.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134469 on: June 03, 2018, 05:18:21 am »

Does MGS2 count?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #134470 on: June 03, 2018, 05:19:58 am »

VERY yes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134471 on: June 03, 2018, 05:27:33 am »

I read that and decided I should get the Stanley Parable to play at some point, so I went to Steam to put it on my wishlist, except I couldn't because it's already in my library. I guess that's what having 360 Steam games that I haven't even played does.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #134472 on: June 03, 2018, 05:34:05 am »

Heh, I need to remember that I have Oxenfree on my gog account.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134473 on: June 03, 2018, 05:38:10 am »

I have several things on my account that I just don't have the rig to play. I bought Witcher 3 (on sale, admittedly) after getting pissed off with several indie games with kinda shitty devteams, so I decided to support a devteam that's actually been really cool towards their customer base.

...but beyond the warm glow of moral superiority, I haven't personally gotten anything out of the deal. Consumerism is weird.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134474 on: June 03, 2018, 08:27:30 am »

I have several things on my account that I just don't have the rig to play. I bought Witcher 3 (on sale, admittedly) after getting pissed off with several indie games with kinda shitty devteams, so I decided to support a devteam that's actually been really cool towards their customer base.

...but beyond the warm glow of moral superiority, I haven't personally gotten anything out of the deal. Consumerism is weird.
Consider it an investment. Someday you will get a beefy rig that can run Witcher 3, and by then most if not all of the worst bugs will have been ironed out. Maybe even a free expansion or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8963 8964 [8965] 8966 8967 ... 10973