Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8980 8981 [8982] 8983 8984 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999049 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134715 on: June 11, 2018, 02:35:53 am »

https://www.amazon.com/Zenimax-Media-Inc-Special-Edition/dp/B07D6STSX8

...They did it. They actually DID IT. The absolute goddamn MADMEN did it.

That is Skyrim. On Alexa. The fuck, Bethesda? It's not even COSTLY! It's free! Free!

And there's Actual Stuff!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #134716 on: June 11, 2018, 02:42:56 am »

Best. Publicity Stunt. Ever.

Well, maybe not ever, but it is pretty awesome. (Damn, I almost wish I had an echo right now.)

I thought the video was hilarious, but they made an actual skill which cranks it up to 11 so to speak.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134717 on: June 11, 2018, 03:07:15 am »

It used to be just a home assistant, but then it took an arrow to the knee.

*watches the vid

How is he still moving while carrying 400 wheels of cheese? Those things weigh 4lbs each!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:45:29 am by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134718 on: June 11, 2018, 03:56:38 am »

You know, this makes me wonder why there aren't more "Text adventures" ports to things like Alexa and Echo.

There were several classics, like PlanetFall, Crystal Cave Adventure, and pals, back in the early days of computer gaming.  They are now so old that hip kids would have never played them. They seem perfect for these devices in hind-sight.

-------

I just had a REALLY SILLY idea occur to me just now.  The fact that I even had it is a WTF, but the thought itself is also pure WTF.

Ok, some months ago I mentioned that I had repurposed an old WD MyCloud NAS, into a small ARM based headless linux box. OK-- There exists a port of dosbox that has some extra functionality. "Dosbox-x"  One of those features is straight up NE2000 emulation/packet passthrough. This means old DOS based software can talk to the fake NE2000 it provides, and those packets will go out onto the wire using the TUN/TAP driver on Linux.

OK-- So, what happens if you use Dosbox-X to run some moldy old network directory software... Like Netware 4?  Would it even run?

Why am I even wondering this? 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:24:20 am by wierd »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134719 on: June 11, 2018, 07:06:36 am »

And on top of that, they named it "Very Special Edition"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #134720 on: June 11, 2018, 07:08:24 am »

How is he still moving while carrying 400 wheels of cheese? Those things weigh 4lbs each!

Godmode is one helluva drug.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134721 on: June 11, 2018, 07:12:34 am »

The plant that was growing inside my house, straight from the wall's baseboard has returned.
This time I gave it some light, and allowed it to grow a few days, to properly determine it.
Apparently it's not my prime suspect, the japanese knotweed.
Instead it's a black locust tree (Robinia pseudoacacia, of which a 20m tall specimen is growing about 20m away from my house.
I read up on it, and apparently it's roots can extend up to 80m away from the tree underground, and the roots can spawn new clone trees.
So instead of some nasty shrubbery, I have a nasty tree growing from my wall
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134722 on: June 11, 2018, 07:17:51 am »

Congrats.

Use some weed killer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134723 on: June 11, 2018, 07:18:53 am »

The plant that was growing inside my house, straight from the wall's baseboard has returned.
This time I gave it some light, and allowed it to grow a few days, to properly determine it.
Apparently it's not my prime suspect, the japanese knotweed.
Instead it's a black locust tree (Robinia pseudoacacia, of which a 20m tall specimen is growing about 20m away from my house.
I read up on it, and apparently it's roots can extend up to 80m away from the tree underground, and the roots can spawn new clone trees.
So instead of some nasty shrubbery, I have a nasty tree growing from my wall

Does this mean you're now living in a treehouse? Childhood dream FULFILLED!

Congrats.

Use some weed killer.

*tree killer

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134724 on: June 11, 2018, 07:20:29 am »

Technically I am already living in a tree house. Maybe not a treehouse. But a tree house.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134725 on: June 11, 2018, 07:42:02 am »

Technically I am already living in a tree house. Maybe not a treehouse. But a tree house.

#JustScandiThings

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134726 on: June 11, 2018, 08:15:29 am »

As all heavy elements in the universe were made in supernova explosions long ago, i.e stars dying, your house is made out of dead stars. So is the keyboard this was typed on. So was the human that typed this message. So it's not a tree house, it's a star house. :P
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134727 on: June 11, 2018, 08:17:34 am »

As all heavy elements in the universe were made in supernova explosions long ago, i.e stars dying, your house is made out of dead stars. So is the keyboard this was typed on. So was the human that typed this message. So it's not a tree house, it's a star house. :P

Incoming announcement: President Trump enacts tariffs on stars for producing metal and taking American jobs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134728 on: June 11, 2018, 08:42:37 am »

Hey it would still be the most interested a US president have been in the kosmos for decades!
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134729 on: June 11, 2018, 11:30:58 am »

Every time I start thinking public transit isn't that bad, the universe conspires to prove me wrong.

I'm guessing the guy was either very inebriated or not mentally well, but me and my friends got harassed Saturday night by the asshole. He was just mumbling to himself when we first walked up to the stop, but after my friend had a coughing fit and I asked if he was okay, the crazy guy said 'I bet you're in love with him, you gay faggot bitch'.

We ignored him, but he got up in my friend's face, stuck his fingers just short of poking my friend in the eye, then looked at me and called me a 'blond haired blue eyed aryan faggot'. He then called one of my friends a gay Jimi Hendrix, and said I was going to get tracks on my face. Then he walked into the middle of the road and started flipping off cars that passed by.

After a few close calls and some pissed off drivers yelling at him, he walked back to the sidewalk and lifted his shirt, asking us to lick his nipples. He then grabbed me, shoved my face into his chest, and kissed me on the head. We just fucking ran after that.
Pages: 1 ... 8980 8981 [8982] 8983 8984 ... 10974