Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8981 8982 [8983] 8984 8985 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995951 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134730 on: June 11, 2018, 11:41:05 am »

Every time I start thinking public transit isn't that bad, the universe conspires to prove me wrong.

I'm guessing the guy was either very inebriated or not mentally well, but me and my friends got harassed Saturday night by the asshole. He was just mumbling to himself when we first walked up to the stop, but after my friend had a coughing fit and I asked if he was okay, the crazy guy said 'I bet you're in love with him, you gay faggot bitch'.

We ignored him, but he got up in my friend's face, stuck his fingers just short of poking my friend in the eye, then looked at me and called me a 'blond haired blue eyed aryan faggot'. He then called one of my friends a gay Jimi Hendrix, and said I was going to get tracks on my face. Then he walked into the middle of the road and started flipping off cars that passed by.

After a few close calls and some pissed off drivers yelling at him, he walked back to the sidewalk and lifted his shirt, asking us to lick his nipples. He then grabbed me, shoved my face into his chest, and kissed me on the head. We just fucking ran after that.

Is... Is this not how you flirt?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134731 on: June 11, 2018, 11:48:51 am »

that man on the dope son.  that dust.  He smell sickly sweet?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #134732 on: June 11, 2018, 12:24:39 pm »

Could have called the police, even. Thats sexual harassment and assault on top of public intoxication and whatever it is for endangering motorists and self. Make the drunks their own problem.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134733 on: June 11, 2018, 12:25:45 pm »

that man on the dope son.  that dust.  He smell sickly sweet?

+1 Yeah that ain't alcohol, that's someone on the drugs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134734 on: June 11, 2018, 12:49:02 pm »

Either way yeah, that's terrifying and you would be justified to call the police.  The guy was threatening, harassing, and a threat to himself too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #134735 on: June 11, 2018, 05:27:17 pm »

No kidding. Hope you made it out alright on the whole, since that situation sounds like it was a bit fucked up indeed.

Own personal WTF. Driving back on the interstate today, light sprinkles. Nothing serious. I go brake my car after the in front of me begins to slow down. Happens daily enough. Up ahead, someone else is swerving into the curb lane, probably because they didn't. Cue behind me two more cars doing the same thing, followed by the penultimate jeep flying up over the curb and up onto the grassy hill on the side of the road.

Thankfully, I didn't observe any damage and two other cars pulled over; presumably to either contact medical services and/or help the driver and make sure certain they were ok. Drivers though... Drivers need to be a lot more careful. Myself included, but... Yeah. Shit.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:30:21 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134736 on: June 11, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »

Shite. They actually did it. Grandma has a kindle now. Grandma that doesn't like to read instructions and still has trouble figuring out the microwave's basic functionality after better than a year and a half. That has difficulty with pressing buttons on appliances.

Family, when this person has problems with this thing, I'm dumping the mess on you fucks. I premeditated this shit. Her kindle's registered. Mine hasn't been and won't be, and is an older model besides. I've got an excuse and I'm going to be using it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #134737 on: June 12, 2018, 12:34:26 am »

You know that blue clorox bleach stuff you can put in a toilet to clean it?  My roommate (who's name is not on the lease mind you) bought a tablet and put it in the toilet... water tank thing.  So now instead of having a toilet that fills with water I have a toilet that fills with bleach + water.  All the time.

I just... why?  The bathroom smells like bleach all the time which is disgusting and can't be healthy.  A quick google search reveals that in most toilets those products will corrode components in the water tank and no plumber recommends you use them.  And of course if it breaks its not THEM that has to explain that to the landlord.  This is the dumbest thing but I'm actually fucking furious right now.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134738 on: June 12, 2018, 12:37:09 am »

So why not just take it out?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134739 on: June 12, 2018, 01:18:42 am »

That's... that's fair.  I was going to try and catch them in person to talk about it but better to ask forgiveness than permission.  Especially since its bothering me this much...

Double edit: NVM I am blind and apparently judgemental
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:55:57 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134740 on: June 12, 2018, 01:26:39 am »

Aren't there tablets that are designed to be put inside the toilets water tank that don't use bleach?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134741 on: June 12, 2018, 01:31:24 am »

Maybe?  I didn't even know these things existed until today.  The particular brand my roommate got is called "bleaches and blue."

Edit: Okay I got rid of it.  But seriously, the product is a generic version of this.  Almost every single recent review says that the internal components of the toilet dissolved within 2-3 weeks, even if they put it in multiple toilets.  The remainder report that the tablet shrinks and then gets sucked into the pipes and clog them.  I have no idea how the product has a 4.5 star rating, probably fuckery since its on clorox's own website.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:01:27 am by EnigmaticHat »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134742 on: June 12, 2018, 02:06:52 am »

Some of the dropin tablets are used to control hard water deposits, and are basically just salt.

In this case though, it sounds like your typical sanitation type dropin.  Bear in mind, that marketers have pressured a LOT to be able to call all kinds of things "bleach", not just sodium hypochlorate. It could well be one of those other kinds of "bleach". Depending on what actually happens to be in that tablet it might be benign.

*fake-edit--- found ingredients

https://www.thecloroxcompany.com/en-us/what-were-made-of/ingredients-inside/clorox/clorox-automatic-toilet-bowl-cleaner-bleach-blue-rain-clean-scent-44600301761/

Contains no hypochlorates. Like, AT ALL.

What it does contain is Dichlorodimethyl Hydantoin.  As the description says, it releases halogen bleach. This is where the bleach smell is coming from. This could arguably be worse than actual sodium hypo, as the resulting released product could actually be more reactive.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134743 on: June 12, 2018, 02:18:49 am »

Going to be honest, chemistry is not my strong subject.  I'm cautious around bleach because I know someone who literally, not-an-internet-joke drank bleach.  Don't like even the fumes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134744 on: June 12, 2018, 02:29:31 am »

Typical liquid bleach is sodium hypochlorite. 

That is: NaOCl

Or, Salt (NaCl) + Radical Oxygen (O).  When it comes into contact with a suitable electron accepting material, that oxygen bolts like a spooked horse, and reacts with vengeance.   The instability of the compound is also why bleach loses its potency when you leave the lid off. (the radical oxygen escapes into the air, leaving salt water behind.)

In the case of what is in that tablet--- It's a bit bigger of a molecule.
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/15925748#section=Top

When dissolved in water, it hydrolizes, and releases the bound chlorine atoms. It releases radical chlorine, rather than radical oxygen, like hypochlorite.

Chlorine in aqueous solution binds readily to a number of substances, including most metals found in fixtures, forming soluble salts that then wash away.

Pages: 1 ... 8981 8982 [8983] 8984 8985 ... 10973