Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9007 9008 [9009] 9010 9011 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997810 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135120 on: June 29, 2018, 09:56:31 pm »

I'm awake since thursday 5:00 am, at this point I think adrenaline took over neurotransmitters because I'm not even sleepy anymore. I wonder if we can sleep awake like dolphins, numbing parts of your brain at times so you can stay "awake" forever or something.

EDIT: ALso it's 11:00 pm of Friday here and I have a whole night shift today so there won't be sleep for at least 12 hours more.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:59:21 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #135121 on: June 29, 2018, 10:00:43 pm »

Nah, we can't and trying for too long likes to kill us. Day or two tends to feel like shit, but it's survivable without general concern. Want to say it's either less than a week or less than two without sleep that starts rolling the bones on fatal. Probably a good idea to get some rest.
My computer cannot run Space Engineers. And Minecrap plain sucks. Dwarf Fortress master race.
Minecraft can be fairly interesting once you hit it repeatedly with the modding hammer, so long as your computer can handle it. Mine can't, sadly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135122 on: June 29, 2018, 10:40:49 pm »

Nah, we can't and trying for too long likes to kill us. Day or two tends to feel like shit, but it's survivable without general concern. Want to say it's either less than a week or less than two without sleep that starts rolling the bones on fatal. Probably a good idea to get some rest.
My computer cannot run Space Engineers. And Minecrap plain sucks. Dwarf Fortress master race.
Minecraft can be fairly interesting once you hit it repeatedly with the modding hammer, so long as your computer can handle it. Mine can't, sadly.

For a short while I spiced up minecraft using Industrialcraft, which allowed you to build machine and form little assembly lines for certain things.

Then I realized Factorio existed which does the whole gimmick better and actually gives you a point to build all that crap.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135123 on: June 29, 2018, 10:57:08 pm »

And DF will get moving fortress parts (conveyor belts among other things) in about 10 years.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #135124 on: June 29, 2018, 11:20:22 pm »

For a short while I spiced up minecraft using Industrialcraft, which allowed you to build machine and form little assembly lines for certain things.
If all you're running is one mod, you probably haven't hit it hard enough with the modding hammer yet :P also if all you have is the one and don't want to spend money on/"aquire" factorio, well...

... beyond that there's apparently custom built maps and whatnot that add goals and all that rot if you're looking for that sort of thing. Been a while since I muddled about with it much, but things were fairly sophisticated like... a year or two ago. Probably advanced even further since.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135125 on: June 29, 2018, 11:20:56 pm »

TIL that "my pocket gun doesn't need a safety because the trigger is hard to pull, and I like to walk around with a bullet in the chamber because what if I forget to cock my gun when I run into all of these active shooters" is an acceptable statement to a distressingly large number of people.

By the way, a child shot a sofa in my local Ikea because some concealed carry asshole didn't realize his loaded pistol slipped out of his pocket when he was testing the merchandise. Thought 1: What the fuck is wrong with you. Thought 2: That could have been so much worse. Now Ikea can sell the sofa as "pre-distressed" and mark it up.

Also TIL "pocket gun"

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #135126 on: June 30, 2018, 01:02:16 am »

You know what fits in your pocket, protects you from attackers, and doesn't fire bullets at random if you drop it?  Sand.

Like some kind of... pouch granules, perhaps?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #135127 on: June 30, 2018, 01:12:45 am »

You know what fits in your pocket, protects you from attackers, and doesn't fire bullets at random if you drop it?  Sand.

Like some kind of... pouch granules, perhaps?

I don't think you should bring sand to a gun fight.

Then again, I don't think most people who buy self-defense firearms should be bringing guns to a gunfight.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #135128 on: June 30, 2018, 01:22:59 am »

The only thing you DO want to bring to a gunfight is heavy artillery shells.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135129 on: June 30, 2018, 01:30:25 am »

Or a nuke.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135130 on: June 30, 2018, 01:40:01 am »

The general quality of the music was so much better in the 1960s.

I dunno about that, the 60s didn't have much in the way of heavy metal.
If you mean popular music was so much better, then yes, you are entirely correct!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135131 on: June 30, 2018, 01:42:27 am »

I was being sarcastic, because people only remember the good stuff and forget the huge amount of terrible 60s records that were also popular.

For every Born To Be Wild quality song there were 10 "Tiptoe through the tulips" type songs that were even more popular. For every great 1960s garage rock band there were dozens that are better off forgotten.

The 90s is long enough ago that we're starting to do the same with that decade, too. But of course, during the 1990s we were all complaining that it was worse than previous decades. And during the 1970s and 1980s there was a ton of nostalgia for 50s and 60s music. It's a constant thing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 01:52:40 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135132 on: June 30, 2018, 02:32:20 am »

They didn't have rap in the sixties.
You're telling me Tiny Tim is as bad as NWA or some shit? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135133 on: June 30, 2018, 05:18:46 am »

But the 60s had tons of stuff like Nimoy's Balad of Bilbo Baggins and Lorne Greene from Rawhide's Ringo. I'd take NWA any day over that kind of shit. 60s didn't have rap, but they had Country Lite, a lot of it.

There's also a Hogan's Heroes album where the cast sings old cover songs. The 1960s was not some magical time when everything done by popular people was good. There were many many musical trainwrecks back then that wouldn't ever see the light of day in this era.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:23:32 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135134 on: June 30, 2018, 05:42:21 am »

Playing IVAN. You know, the classic roguelike?   
Anyway, I was guzzling water out of a fountain (I'd like to say this was because it was early in the run and I wasn't very attached to my character, but truth be told I tend to lack much self-control when it comes to fountains) and before long I fell in, was sucked into the plumbing, and then burst out of a pipe... seemingly embedded in the middle of a wall?

It took me a moment to realise what had happened. Of all the open squares in the level the game could have chosen to spit me into, I wound up on the still-buried staircase to a certain highly-dangerous secret area. Hahaha, uh-oh.

I don't have any gear capable of breaking through walls, so... I guess the only way forwards is forwards. o____o
On the plus side, at least nothing can follow me up the stairs from below, due to there literally being no damn room for them. Well, they can, but I can see no sign of those that did so I'm guessing they spawned outside these walls on the nearest open tiles.

I'd take NWA any day over that kind of shit.
...And you expect anyone to value your opinion?
Also, what do you mean by "Country Lite"? The sixties were something of a golden age for country, by all accounts, with more experimentation than earlier times and yet before the horribly over-processed guitar tones and an overuse of those stupid little tappy ballad drums that are apparently called 'jam blocks' that came inexplicably into style later on.

Edit: fountain, not foundation. Stupid phone keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:47:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 9007 9008 [9009] 9010 9011 ... 10973