Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9010 9011 [9012] 9013 9014 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001248 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135165 on: June 30, 2018, 10:14:15 pm »

No no, it was 13 USD which worked out to be 17-18 in Aussie dollars, plus an extra $6.50 in what I'm guessing was a conversion charge on top of their usual fees.
And this after I was pleasantly surprised by how cheap shipping was. Just had to bite the pillow. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135166 on: June 30, 2018, 10:51:35 pm »

Strange week this week. The factory I work at hired a new person on Monday, and she quit Tuesday. Probably the quickest I've seen someone leave here. We didn't really get a reason either.

And for some damn reason a coworker decided to ram into a skid I was working on on Wednesday. Ruined a box. He did it because the skid was in his way, apparently, despite having driven past it several times before deciding to just hit it.

My nan's gone to visit family for a week, and my mom's 'ex' took the opportunity to text angry bullshit at her, my aunt, and uncle. He's also being an ass to me and my mom for taking care of her.

My phone also couldn't seem to connect to some sites today while I was using the bus. A few told me I was IP banned, but it works fine on my home network.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:55:38 pm by BlackFlyme »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135167 on: June 30, 2018, 11:39:42 pm »

For some reason I thought it was totally reasonable to just lie in bed when waking up tonight; on fear that I might be in a nightmare and I wanted to check my senses and my reasoning before getting up.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135168 on: June 30, 2018, 11:54:09 pm »

For some reason I thought it was totally reasonable to just lie in bed when waking up tonight; on fear that I might be in a nightmare and I wanted to check my senses and my reasoning before getting up.

Well, if not reasonable, it is at least entirely harmless.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135169 on: July 01, 2018, 05:52:24 am »

It was so hot and muggy last night that I woke around 2:00AM, and had to flee the room because I felt what may have been the beginning signs of heat exhaustion. I'm just glad I had a second fan in the room that I immediately plugged in and pointed directed at me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #135170 on: July 01, 2018, 08:25:27 am »

I may be the only person in Missouri that drives with the windows down and AC off in 95 degree weather. SWEATING IS HEALTHY PEOPLE. Also I work in 36 degree coolers all day so it's refreshing to me. My car said it was 110 and I was like, 'Awesome, let's roll.'
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #135171 on: July 01, 2018, 09:40:00 am »

Being an adult and handling my own finances feels weird. It's like I don't really understand the value of money. I can tell the difference between 5€ and 50€, but 305€ and 355€ just look the same to me.

Even today, I made a payment of 130€ and didn't feel a thing, but paying 2,50€ instead of 10€ felt like a massive discount.

It's like the bigger the sums are, the less they matter, which probably isn't right.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135172 on: July 01, 2018, 09:59:55 am »

Yeah really, there are such different scales to consider.  I do a lot better since I started tracking a monthly budget, even though I don't think about it most days.  Day-to-day I just look for deals and try not to waste, and at the end of the month I check to see if I need to restrict my spending next month.

Buying a small home blew my *fucking* mind, though, for the sheer amounts involved.  Even though it shows up on the budget as basically rent with a different name.  I'm glad I found a helpful agent who handled the negotiation entirely, such that I never even met the sellers face-to-face, because I am not equipped to demand thousands of dollars off a price for anything.  I guess thinking in percentages would have helped.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #135173 on: July 01, 2018, 10:02:44 am »

People are, in general, very bad at large sums of money. E.g. most lotto winners end up worse off because they're not equipped to handle 5 million dollars.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #135174 on: July 01, 2018, 10:41:27 am »

I may be the only person in Missouri that drives with the windows down and AC off in 95 degree weather. SWEATING IS HEALTHY PEOPLE. Also I work in 36 degree coolers all day so it's refreshing to me. My car said it was 110 and I was like, 'Awesome, let's roll.'
Sweating can be, but it can also put you in the hospital/morgue and generally makes a person, y'know, stink. Also stains clothing. It's a nuisance and potentially a notable negative if you're interacting with other humans.

90s plus temp can just fuck off in general, though. Goddamn death air trying to kill people.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135175 on: July 01, 2018, 11:24:17 am »

Sweating can be, but it can also put you in the hospital/morgue and generally makes a person, y'know, stink. Also stains clothing. It's a nuisance and potentially a notable negative if you're interacting with other humans.

90s plus temp can just fuck off in general, though. Goddamn death air trying to kill people.

People already hate me when I try to interact with them tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #135176 on: July 01, 2018, 11:43:03 am »

Russia beat Spain.

On penalties, but still.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135177 on: July 01, 2018, 12:06:14 pm »

Russia beat Spain.

On penalties, but still.
And Russia is usually bad at football.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135178 on: July 01, 2018, 12:47:49 pm »

First semifinals since the USSR.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135179 on: July 01, 2018, 01:24:09 pm »

Russia beat Spain.

On penalties, but still.
And Russia is usually bad at football.

In soviet russia, football kicks YOU
I consume
I purchase