Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9070 9071 [9072] 9073 9074 ... 9905

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 6074426 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136065 on: August 02, 2018, 11:16:59 am »

Double post because I am not ruining my shitpost above: that's not exactly universal. In Brazil, at least, by law you can request a generic alternative to the prescribed medication at the pharmacy.

Point being, I never said it was. That was in direct response to LordBaal talking about how it is in south America.

I kinda thought it was clear this is about the USA specifically. I should have written "if people (in the USA) were shopping for themselves"

I have mentioned at least once that I'm talking about the USA, specifically, in the bit where I specifically excluded Europe. I would have thought it was obvious that the target of the criticisms was specifically USA when I pointed out that the criticisms didn't extend to places like Europe.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:22:51 am by Reelya »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds speedrun again
    • View Profile
« Reply #136066 on: August 02, 2018, 11:22:48 am »

Double post because I am not ruining my shitpost above: that's not exactly universal. In Brazil, at least, by law you can request a generic alternative to the prescribed medication at the pharmacy.

Point being, I never said it was. That was in direct response to LordBaal talking about how it is in south America.

I kinda thought it was clear this is about the USA specifically. I should have written "if people (in the USA) were shopping for themselves"

I have mentioned at least once that I'm talking about the USA, specifically. Support for generic drugs is a big political issue in the USA, with nothing fixed yet.
I thought you were talking about the US specifically, but I am pretty sure you're not 'murrican, so I thought it extended to the rest of the anglosphere.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136067 on: August 02, 2018, 11:24:05 am »

I thought you were talking about the US specifically, but I am pretty sure you're not 'murrican, so I thought it extended to the rest of the anglosphere.

Definitely not :) because the rest of the anglosphere have national health providers and aren't the wild west like the USA.

I have a friend who was from Texas and he told me how his friend broke his leg there, and they couldn't get treatment at any nearby hospital in the USA because he didn't have insurance, so they drove him to Mexico and he got free treatment at the first place they stopped.

He told me in about 2003, well before I saw the doco Sicko, but it's effectively the same plot. Americans can't get treated in the USA because they don't provide treatment to mere peasants, yet you go to a nearby nation and they just treat you no questions because you're sick.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:29:14 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136068 on: August 02, 2018, 11:53:01 am »

Perhaps I'm just overthinking it and the communal and personality appeal really is just that strong.

Nope, you're not overthinking it at all. I don't understand it either.

It's almost like different people have different tastes! But that would by crazy.

See you can put it that way but you know if a substantial subset of people suddenly started thinking watching paint dry was entertaining then I'd be confused too.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #136069 on: August 02, 2018, 12:01:12 pm »

Here by law physiciana must prescribe the component, not any brand (they can only suggest a brand) and then you can go and buy whatever brand you want, except no, because there are no medicines and the ones that you can find are worth several times you paycheck but that's another separated issue.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136070 on: August 02, 2018, 12:06:29 pm »

Also since we have no rage thread any more. We're currently under and almost countrywide fire-making prohibition over here and I smell somebody in the neighbourhood grilling.

It's a shame I'm so chronically conflict avoidant.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136071 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:40 pm »

Fires contained within grills for cooking usually are considered an exception to fire bans though arent they? Maybe you should double check with your fire department on that.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136072 on: August 02, 2018, 12:37:04 pm »

No, they are certainly not. Only grill what's allowed is one without a fire.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #136073 on: August 02, 2018, 12:57:39 pm »

How that's work? Electric only?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136074 on: August 02, 2018, 01:38:34 pm »

Yup! I have no idea if electric grills can even remotely create the same kind of flavour but supposedly such things exist.
Love, scriver~

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
  • [Social_Democrat_Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136075 on: August 02, 2018, 01:48:07 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang

That feeling when you eat an entire city because you wont give up and then lose the siege.
"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate to suffering"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136076 on: August 02, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »

I do not understand how people can acknowledge, even regularly complain about problems they have, while simultaneously engaging in behaviours that actively make those problems worse.

My mind boggles.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136077 on: August 02, 2018, 01:56:48 pm »

Are you referring to something from your own day, or to, perhaps, my comment about fear of conflict above?
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136078 on: August 02, 2018, 02:00:20 pm »

My own thing. I know it was cryptic and vaguebooking, for which I apologise, but it's personal and I'm odd about things like that.

It does, however, need to be expressed, lest I break something (probably myself) before I talk about it with the person that needs the talking, because I appear to be stupendously angry about it, which is bothersome in itself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136079 on: August 02, 2018, 02:06:15 pm »

Well it fits in regards to me too, because it is like literally everything I do and don't do.

Spoiler answer: it's because I am weak and unworthy
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9070 9071 [9072] 9073 9074 ... 9905