Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9031 9032 [9033] 9034 9035 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996270 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135480 on: July 11, 2018, 08:39:28 pm »

B-but raw onions are bitter.
M8 I drink draught beer
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #135481 on: July 11, 2018, 08:46:15 pm »

Absolutely disgusting
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #135482 on: July 11, 2018, 09:46:58 pm »

M8 I drink draught beer
But have you ever drank a draught beer slushie made by adding a pureed raw onion?

... no one actually makes those, right?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #135483 on: July 11, 2018, 10:04:07 pm »

M8 I drink draught beer
But have you ever drank a draught beer slushie made by adding a pureed raw onion?

Not the onion part, no.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135484 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:34 pm »

... y'know, just today I was thinking about the old SNES elemental lords super robot wars side story. Just now checked to see if translation efforts had gotten anywhere since the last time I checked. Turns out AGTP came back from the dead again and released a finished translation over a month ago. Welp.

Goddamn that's great news. Admittedly it’ll take me a while to jump on it since the SRW A Portable translation was finished last month too but still. Makes me happy to play these games without having to consult a faq to figure out what is going on. I just love me some Super Robot Wars so much.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135485 on: July 12, 2018, 01:08:22 am »

Not sure if there were actually more disturbing oddballs out and about today which caused my anxiety to skyrocket, if my already-heightened anxiety caused people to seem more strange than usual, if I was just unusually alert and more likely to notice things, if the weirdos can actually smell my anxiety and react to it like dogs to fear or sharks to blood, or if there is in fact some underlying and overarching cosmic conspiracy to just basically stress me the hell out as much as possible.

But hey! Despite all that I got stuff done! Without any particularly noticeable or embarrassing gaffes! And, honestly, ain't that just the biggest WTF of all?

Ooooh. You might be onto something there, y'know.
I know margarita slushies and such are already a thing, but I have never encountered a draught-beer-and-minced-onion slushie before in all my puff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #135486 on: July 12, 2018, 01:55:36 am »

i'm from walla walla

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #135487 on: July 12, 2018, 04:57:38 am »

i'm from walla walla

Motherfucker, I know you ain't bringing up a second class onion like that before Vidalia.

(Actually I think Walla Walla onions are better than Vidalia onions)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #135488 on: July 12, 2018, 06:02:57 am »

It might just be a little bit, but that tiny bit of spicy makes everything better.
It really does. I run out of cayenne flakes almost as often as I run out of black pepper. It's just one of those go-to spices for all manner of dishes.

So all your food tastes identically? That's pretty sad, being so afraid of flavour.
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135489 on: July 12, 2018, 06:53:26 am »

I have dreams to retire on a scratch farm, because so many people want to make things from scratch.

I also want to start a line of inorganic* food, to cater to the neglected population that cannot consume carbon.

*"Organic" food is high on my list for "most true-but-useless marketing label" award, since food not labeled organic is most assuredly not "inorganic".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135490 on: July 12, 2018, 07:02:50 am »

I have dreams to retire on a scratch farm, because so many people want to make things from scratch.

I also want to start a line of inorganic* food, to cater to the neglected population that cannot consume carbon.

*"Organic" food is high on my list for "most true-but-useless marketing label" award, since food not labeled organic is most assuredly not "inorganic".

It's just as funny in Norwegian... "Organisk" is the most direct translation of organic, and is used to describe things like organic chemistry and whether or not an event occurred "organically". This is not what's used to define food as having been grown organically, however (and is overall a very rarely-used word).

The word for organic-labeled food is "Økologisk". Ecologic. Different word, makes just as little sense.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #135491 on: July 12, 2018, 07:08:40 am »

Its a certification, and a good example of how lobbyists can practically patent a word that had previous meanings and make it their own.

'Natural flavors'
'organic'
'pre-owned'

et cetera.

If words mean only what we assign to them, then with the power of tv and government regulations/oversight and boatloads of money we can change the way the word is viewed.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #135492 on: July 12, 2018, 07:16:21 am »

It's just as funny in Norwegian... "Organisk" is the most direct translation of organic, and is used to describe things like organic chemistry and whether or not an event occurred "organically". This is not what's used to define food as having been grown organically, however (and is overall a very rarely-used word).

The word for organic-labeled food is "Økologiskl". Ecologic. Different word, makes just as little sense.

*"Ekologisk"

And it makes perfect sense!
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135493 on: July 12, 2018, 07:57:04 am »

Its a certification, and a good example of how lobbyists can practically patent a word that had previous meanings and make it their own.
:
If words mean only what we assign to them, then with the power of tv and government regulations/oversight and boatloads of money we can change the way the word is viewed.

Well yes - that is why it's a WTF.  Language does have mutable meaning, but that doesn't mean I have to like it when "the infamous They" misappropriate words.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #135494 on: July 12, 2018, 07:59:58 am »

The Milwaukee Public Museum has a TV advert which is a voice over repeating the word moustache for about 30 seconds.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9031 9032 [9033] 9034 9035 ... 10973