Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9060 9061 [9062] 9063 9064 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998055 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135915 on: July 24, 2018, 05:57:08 pm »

The air conditioner broke at work. It was hotter on the factory floor than it was outside. I felt like I was melting.

Anyways, my mom is aggressively trying to make me make a profile on a dating site, so I'm crowdsourcing what not to say on it. Based on my mom's advice so far, I should not mention that I am a booger-eater and a video game designer. I'd like to add in whatever I can to ensure there won't be any responses.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #135916 on: July 24, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »

"Own white van. Looking for young companion."

Realistically though, either just say no to her or write in a few vague nothings. You probably don't want to even think about the type of person who would respond to a bad profile.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #135917 on: July 24, 2018, 06:08:43 pm »

You could also just make an extremely vague profile with a barely-recognizable photo and never check back on it again.

Or just tell her no.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135918 on: July 24, 2018, 06:11:25 pm »

I have told her no; it's why she's getting aggressive about it, since I apparently need a female companion. Though I guess I could just introduce responders to my mom. That's how I lost most of my female friends. My mom has never liked any of the girls I've been friends with. Even the ones she tried to set me up with.

Threatened a few of them to get them to avoid me as well, supposedly.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #135919 on: July 24, 2018, 06:49:55 pm »

Say your mum made you set it up.

Or otherwise get across that you’re so in love with your mum. Or that you worship Jimmy Saville.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135920 on: July 24, 2018, 06:55:34 pm »

Tell her to run and maintain the profile for you. Any lack of qualified response is thus directly her fault and indicative that she doesn't really care about you as much as she claims.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135921 on: July 24, 2018, 07:36:27 pm »

Write down that you support trump, doesn't have to be true, but if you're American that eliminated about 1 half to 2 thirds of the nation, and if not that eliminates most of Europe, Australia, really quite a lot of places actually

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #135922 on: July 24, 2018, 07:36:42 pm »

New Steam UI. I'm not sure I like it. Everything feels too big and bubbly. I wonder if Discord has anything to do with their new revamped chat system. Also wonder if their voip is still total garbo or not. We had to abandon it because within 4 people joining the room, SOMEONE would have problems either hearing or being heard.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:38:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135923 on: July 24, 2018, 07:37:29 pm »

New Steam UI. I'm not sure I like it. Everything feels too big and bubbly.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135924 on: July 24, 2018, 07:52:17 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135925 on: July 24, 2018, 07:53:53 pm »

New Steam UI. I'm not sure I like it. Everything feels too big and bubbly.
It's modernized, oh gods.  It's bloated, because of course it is, that's the trend.  I love Steam, but I mainly loved it for its relative continuance - fuck this noise no seriously this is actually worse than the optional mod market shit.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135926 on: July 24, 2018, 08:11:15 pm »

......... it looks like they just put the bottom bar on the left side.

Link me some images? The ones on google show basically that as the only change.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135927 on: July 24, 2018, 08:19:56 pm »

They've changed the UI to be... Idk how you'd even describe it. Instead of just icons it's icons in little boxes and the icons are different. There's a lighting effect on it like there's a weak blue light coming from up above. Overall a very small change. Some UI, like friends, has totally changed. Presumably because they apparently added chat features I guess.

No idea about performance. Steams is always randomly slow or fast, and it hasn't noticeably (yet) changed in that regard as far as I can notice. Seems like a fairly minor change?

I was expecting a bit more, or maybe it's something not obvious but still somehow dire considering Rolans reaction. This isn't anywhere close to reddit level of change, for instance.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:22:51 pm by Criptfeind »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135928 on: July 24, 2018, 08:32:07 pm »

One would think that wireless support would be a top priority for a Linux distro, particularly a distro branded specifically for older machines like this.  But apparently not.  And after downloading updates for seriously at least half an hour, it still doesn't recognize the wireless card.

I guess I have to remember how I found the driver for the similar distro, which had absurdly bloated memory and CPU usage.  Like, what the fuck, you look like Windows 2000 but eat up 2GB of RAM and 2/3 of the CPU for fucking nothing.

Except this time I'm stumbledrunk, and could pass out at any time.  YOLO
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #135929 on: July 24, 2018, 08:34:38 pm »

It looks very busy with all the different tiers of font size and color gradients, tiny icons like the Away status ZZZ....it's totally reordred my friends list too. Checking all the "hide" check boxes in settings gets it to sembalance of how I had it arranged before. But even the "compact" version still reads too large to me. I don't need a separate group for every fucking game people are playing. If I had to choose between "see more friends" and "see friends grouped together by which game they're playing" I'd go for the former any day of the week. I feel like there are vague marketing reasons for doing it this way.

I probably need to spend more time dinking with it though, maybe I can bang it in to shape.

They "moved my cheese" as my lead dev likes to say. The bastards! (It's not an abomination by any means though.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:37:59 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 9060 9061 [9062] 9063 9064 ... 10973