Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9063 9064 [9065] 9066 9067 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001905 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135960 on: July 25, 2018, 04:48:20 pm »

The one thing Kagus's posts have told me is that Norway is a bland culinary hellscape, where spice and seasoning is just a fleeting mirage in a desert of tasteless food

I'm taking this and putting it in the thread about things that make me sad.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135961 on: July 25, 2018, 04:49:04 pm »

Also lots of potatoes. Occasionally with black pepper.

God no, are you mad? Only salted. Lightly salted.

It's Lutefisk for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Fun thing, lutefisk smells like a ripe fart before it's finished baking, and it's traditionally served with aquavit... Which is a schnapps-type-thing where they put every spice left over from not using them anywhere else. It's potent stuff.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #135962 on: July 25, 2018, 04:52:37 pm »

The one thing Kagus's posts have told me is that Norway is a bland culinary hellscape, where spice and seasoning is just a fleeting mirage in a desert of tasteless food

I'm taking this and putting it in the thread about things that make me sad.
L U T E F I S K
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135963 on: July 26, 2018, 04:16:13 am »

I have entirely too many steam friends.  The vast majority of them I have not spoken to in somewhere around 10 years.  Some from bay12, some from an old TF2 server I was a regular on, some from an old GW2 clan, some from an old WoW clan and 1 I actually know in person and speak to regularly, and 1 who conversations generally go like:

{X} Hey is (person I know in person) on?
{Me} He's at work.
{X}Oh ok.

Chances are if somebody contacted me on steam I would either not remember who they are or where I know them from, and not respond out of sheer social terror, or I just forgot to close steam before leaving the computer to idle all day.

And yes I'm not a fan of the new chat UI either.  I was wondering why it was grouping friends by game thinking maybe it was trying to guess where I know them from before I simply realized it was just grouping them by what they are currently playing.  Maybe I'll like it better once I get used to it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135964 on: July 26, 2018, 04:31:29 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:03:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135965 on: July 26, 2018, 05:33:57 am »

The only thing that's really annoyed me about the Steam update is that it switched back on the showing of whatever I'm doing at the time(something I'd rather not broadcast) without telling me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #135966 on: July 26, 2018, 05:51:34 am »

I think you people are thinking too hard about how many Steam friends you have. It's like a phone book. Only someone with OCD would prune their phonebook.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135967 on: July 26, 2018, 05:59:26 am »

Yeah, I just set up a few groups to remind myself how I know people.  RL, L4D2 (back when I played versus a lot), Bay12...
Not that I'm ever online, anymore.  There are a couple of people I *really* don't want to talk to, or broadcast my activity to, but I don't want to block them either.
The only thing that's really annoyed me about the Steam update is that it switched back on the showing of whatever I'm doing at the time(something I'd rather not broadcast) without telling me.
Same.  And even in "offline" chat-mode, it still insists on racking up your "time played" stats on your profile.  You have to "go offline" (COMPLETELY different, obviously), which disables a lot of Steam's other features as well.

Most obviously useful for playing animes, but also I leave games running minimized a lot while I take care of other things, even overnight by accident.  So I have vastly exaggerated playtime stats, and I care a whole lot more about that than I do about "achievement walls" or "wallpaper".

They already detect "idle" and even "asleep", how hard would it be to stop ticking up gametime??  But that's not in their business interest, is it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135968 on: July 26, 2018, 06:38:04 am »

You can revert to the old UI. Just add  -nochatui  -nofriendsui to your steam shortcut.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135969 on: July 26, 2018, 07:08:35 am »

I think you people are thinking too hard about how many Steam friends you have. It's like a phone book. Only someone with OCD would prune their phonebook.

I prune my steam list and my facebook (I'm not fond of facebook in the first place) every six months or so and simply cut anyone I don't need to communicate with.  That way, when Steam tells me that someone's playing something, it's information, rather than pointless noise.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #135970 on: July 26, 2018, 08:23:14 am »

Yeah, I just set up a few groups to remind myself how I know people.  RL, L4D2 (back when I played versus a lot), Bay12...
Not that I'm ever online, anymore.  There are a couple of people I *really* don't want to talk to, or broadcast my activity to, but I don't want to block them either.
Same.  And even in "offline" chat-mode, it still insists on racking up your "time played" stats on your profile.  You have to "go offline" (COMPLETELY different, obviously), which disables a lot of Steam's other features as well.

Most obviously useful for playing animes, but also I leave games running minimized a lot while I take care of other things, even overnight by accident.  So I have vastly exaggerated playtime stats, and I care a whole lot more about that than I do about "achievement walls" or "wallpaper".

They already detect "idle" and even "asleep", how hard would it be to stop ticking up gametime??  But that's not in their business interest, is it.

You can set who to show times played in the options somewhere. I happened upon that setting just a few weeks ago.

It's not true though (even besides the obvious exaggeration for humour). Nordic food just tends to focus on sweet and sour flavours. See, for example, Swedish habit if putting lingonberry jam with absolutely everything.

Kagus just seem to be suffering from a gustatory deficiency where he has grown incapable of tasting the five actual flavours, and only considers something to have taste if it is spicy - not as in spiced and full of flavour, but as in hot.

In many ways this is similar to a cocaine addict who has taken to the habit of putting coca in his food, but then when he eats normal food he says "bleh this food isn't spicy" when he actually means "this food doesn't get me high".

Also lots of potatoes. Occasionally with black pepper.

God no, are you mad? Only salted. Lightly salted.

It's Lutefisk for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Fun thing, lutefisk smells like a ripe fart before it's finished baking, and it's traditionally served with aquavit... Which is a schnapps-type-thing where they put every spice left over from not using them anywhere else. It's potent stuff.

Love, scriver~

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135971 on: July 26, 2018, 08:29:17 am »

I'm getting an odd urge to go play through Dungeons of Dredmor again...

Anyway, the reason I came here. I was reminded of this Shadowrun trailer from 1990. Everything about it. The wardrobe. The crotch-level guns. The crabwalking down alleys. WTF.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:12:20 pm by Mephisto »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135972 on: July 26, 2018, 10:58:27 am »

You're out by almost a decade, it's 1990 not 98. Oh you millennials, there was a time before the mid-1990s you know ;)

I'm guessing you missed how "80s" that video actually is, rather than "90s".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #135973 on: July 26, 2018, 11:03:40 am »

Millenials are those from the 80s onwards
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #135974 on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:29 am »

You're out by almost a decade, it's 1990 not 98. Oh you millennials, there was a time before the mid-1990s you know ;)

I'm guessing you missed how "80s" that video actually is, rather than "90s".
To be fair, I could tell you what "80s" is.  I could not give you a succinct summary of what "90s" is.  Aside from awful clothing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 9063 9064 [9065] 9066 9067 ... 10974